BvS Should Wonder Woman be Batman's love interest in BvS?

I'm heavily in the minority here, but I've always enjoyed the Kal/Diana dynamic. I guess it would be to the effect as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Both are very strong names individually and the similar abilities can create some great cinematic moments.

At the other end, I never liked the Bruce/Diana dynamic. It seemed to take away from Bruce's masculinity in mind because of Diana's ability and stature.

In the end, since the Kal/Diana relationship is very unlikely, leaving her with Steve Trevor might be the best collective resolve.

Like an accessory.

Exactly.

It's because the casting call was originally rumored to be for Batman's love interest.

Which doesn't automatically mean the "love interest" role was talking about Wonder Woman.

And hell, I wish we could forgo the "Batman has a love interest" thing entirely in these movies. That'd be freaking AWESOME.

Let Superman have the love interest.

I hate to say it....but I do't know if her inclusion in this film is much more than that at this point.

It probably is.

I mean, look who they cast for the role.

A model with a couple bad ensemble action movies to her name.

Oh well.

You mean she's just there to kick ass and look hot while doing it? Come one, this is Snyder we're talking about.

Eh. I was very pleased with how Cavill turned out and Affleck is a great actor when he wants to be.

This new casting choice is a major letdown.

It probably is.

I mean, look who they cast for the role.

A model with a couple bad ensemble action movies to her name.

Oh well.

Look who they cast! This minor actor from a critically mixed submarine movie! :hubba

Look who they cast! Mr mom!

Look who they cast! This stage actor from obscure movies and TV shows!

Look who they cast! This minor actor from a critically mixed submarine movie! :hubba

Look who they cast! Mr mom!

Look who they cast! This stage actor from obscure movies and TV shows!

Gal Gadot is stilted and not a very good actor.

When she gives a good performance, then I'll change my opinion of her.

Don't want to see her as either. Can't she just be Wonder Woman instead of somebody's stupid love interest?

Also, where is the Wonder Woman + Lex option? :hehe:

I agree, she doesn´t...except for Trevor´s. They could have funny moments where the likes of Hal hit on her thus acknowledging her beuty/awesomeness a little more.
Thing about good ol´ Trevor tho, is that he´s a darn good element to use for bringing her and/or maintaining her in mans world (I didn´t say the only reason) + he would be in her origin story and given a good reason for fallin for her.

Lex and Wonder Woman would make no sense!!!!

I vote for Superman/ Batman, they have a long history and flirt a lot

Couldn't agree more with Lord. Marston envisioned WW as an intellectual and a scholar who tries to encourage everyone to share peace and love.

Sadly I can definitely see Snyder being more likely to do the 'cool' 'edgy' killing warrior woman in the new 52. I couldn't believe in the new 52 JL in one of the first couple issues there was a backup thing with some file on WW by Steve Trevor where she apparently slit the throat of a child molester or something.

Well, i dislike the JL version of her in the new 52, but in her oun comic: Justice League she's much different, it's actually a version of the character i like too, she's a warrior but not "edgy" or violent, as she says to Hades, she likes everybody, not in a romantic way, she simply cares for life.

This is a nice picture of her. Regarding Snyder, Let´s hope he doesn´t and about Trevor... not okay!
Yeah, when I said the N52 Wondy was softer it was her own series I was thinking of. It´s true that the League WW is very different.
Btw. Haven´t read much WW before, has Poseidon always taken that ugly form he has in the N52?

Last edited:
Didn't like the whole mini crush subplot between Superman and Wonder Woman in Justice League: War. The romance aspect between those two always comes off as purely superficial and sexual which shouldn't be the case.

Didn't like the whole mini crush subplot between Superman and Wonder Woman in Justice League: War. The romance aspect between those two always comes off as purely superficial and sexual which shouldn't be the case.

Yeah. As in the rest of the New 52 it's all about being strong. Terrible. The fight scenes were a hoot though.

I believe they should avoid any superhero pairings until every character has been introduced & established.

So in the comics.....is WW a......

.....like, she comes from a society of just women, right? So who is officially the first man that she......?

in the comics before the reboot.

1. Steve Trevor

2. Superman

3. Batman

after the reboot (current New 52)

1. Steve Trevor

2. Superman

3.......still Superman.....time will tell

I want her as a respectable, stand alone warrior, not a love interest for Batman or Supes.

Plus I always thought if Batman tried to tap that it would be "death by snu snu".

Wonder Woman would snap Bruce into two in the bedroom.

There could be some mention of Steve Trevor since she arrived in the USA.

WW and Batman is a horrible pairing.

There should be no big romance for anyone, just some hinting at a future relationship.

Your reaction saddens me. Wonder Chastity is a very boring superpower to have, and as soon as it's gone, the better.

How can a character that is suppose to be this icon not have an active sexual life? Because that was Diana reality is the past. She should have sex just like any other woman does.

and this actually shows your love of the character? :funny:

This one in particular got me depressed. Seriously. If I said I wanted Bruce to have sex with Talia in Dark Knight Rises would someone say I don't like the character? That I want something bad for him? Or wanting Clark to have sex with Lois... would that be seeing as hating Superman?

But wanting Diana to make love with some character somehow contradicts me liking her? Wow.

Last edited:
Your reaction saddens me. Wonder Chastity is a very boring superpower to have, and as soon as it's gone, the better.

How can a character that is suppose to be this icon not have an active sexual life? Because that was Diana reality is the past. She should have sex just like any other woman does.

Has wonder chastity ever been a thing?

It's common place in these movies for females to be "love interests." For once, I'd like to see a character not paired off right away. It has nothing to do with "chastity." Why would they show her banging someone in this movie? Not every character needs to be paired up right away. I hope batman isn't either. I'm not saying they shouldn't ever pair her up. I'm saying, don't do it in this movie.

Has wonder chastity ever been a thing?

I believe in the almost 30 year long past continuity Wondie wasn't allowed to have sex with anyone.

Hopefully this changed in the new52, which has been wonderful for Diana.

I believe in the almost 30 year long past continuity Wondie wasn't allowed to have sex with anyone.

Hopefully this changed in the new52, which has been wonderful for Diana.

Yeah, ok. But that has nothing to do with this movie. There's no need to pair her off with someone immediately. They can explore her and Steve in the next one. I don't need 3 love stories in one movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"