World of Warcraft - Part 1

If you like character building RolePlaying games, like Everquest, this is the best game out there.

Wonderful.

I have been playing it since it came out, really is a great game.

I've played enough of World of Warcraft and am one of the most honest people you'll ever meet(at least I think so) so if you've never played and really want to know the pro's and con's of the whole thing, here it goes...

PRO'S
1. There truly are countless things to do in building and creating a character.
2. Tons of places to explore and venture into in the world of Azeroth.
3. You get to see a side of people that few rarely do.
4. It offers a great sense of achievement.
5. If nothing more, the opening cinematic trailers are near perfect.

CON'S
1. There are countless things that must be done to finish one's character.
2. In scale, Azeroth is only about the size of any major city.
3. You have to put up with a side of people that few rarely do.
4. It offers a great sense of achievement without really achieving anything.
5. Sadly, the opening cinematic trailers may be the most enjoyable part of the whole thing.

Of course the game sounds great, the only people you rarely hear from are people trying to sell it. The truth is, The concept is a good one and the execution of that concept even sounds and looks good. In the end, I think the sole contributing factor to the downfall and demise of this fantastic idea will be the one thing the designers and programmers did not prepare for... the players.

Just yesterday, at least two people told me to kill myself while I wished immediate death upon a female player who was simply picking flowers in the shallow marshes of Tol' Barad. I also wished a similar fate upon a few larger groups of people as well. This stern advocation of eradicating certain groups of people from society is usually a weekly occurrence for me. I am not alone in that either, and THEN we meet the counter points to my and others arguments which only adds fuel to the fire.

Is it warcraft? Yes, in a sense it seems that it is indeed setting battlelines for a war.

Is it what you thought it would be? HELL NO! The violence is there but there are still far too many people holding hands and skipping through the battlefields like war is some type of damn joke. War is not joke and people should start taking this game a little more seriously or their going to end up a casualty of one.

Umm, its a game, lighten up.

There are so many cons with the game, I feel like they're beginning to outweigh the pros. I've heavily considered trying Rift out (I'd be more apt to if they had a free trial), because WoW honestly seems like it may be dying out faster than expected. Cataclysm was awesome at first glance, but "upon further review" is a pretty big ball of tedious suck. On top of it all, the complaints people have had have brought their lead developer to come out and say, "l2p or ****."

Not my idea of great customer service.

The biggest con I have right now is all the *****es that seem to be playing. I don't mean people trying to be funny, and enjoy the game, I mean people who are downright rude and mean if you make a single mistake in an instance.

Some people take the game too far, and too seriously.

Yeah it's very good game for entertainment so I am playing this game every day.

I think it's pretty cool that you can just jump in and play this while the assets are still being downloaded.
Also the main menu screen with the big dragon thing on the castle is pretty awsome.

It kinda sucks you have to pay £15 to get a character transfer.
Considering i'm already paying a sub I think that should be free.

It is really dumb, and I'm not entirely sure for the reasons behind it, but that didn't stop me from paying. :/

Why are you wanting to transfer?

What kind of server do you play on, and are you going to change if you transfer?

Was on the Spinebreaker PVP/RP server but moved to Twilight Hammer PVP because it pretty much empty for both chars (one is still sitting on the server). It's alot better now. What server do you play on? I take it US and Euro severs will be sep?

I'm on Ysera, a US PVE server. I used to be on Andorhal, a PVP server, which was a lot more fun when my friends played.

Enigineering seems to be a massive waste of time.
Most of the items are useless or only useable by an engineer and getting ore in the outland is so sparse that you need to resort to buying stuff from the AH to progress which eats up hundreds of gold.

I used to be an engineer. The biggest problem I ran into was that it takes up so much space in the bank and your bags. Even more so than other professions it seems. Some of the stuff you can make goes for a lot in the AH though. Mechanohogs go for 18,000+ gold. Or at least they did when I was into that aspect of the game.

I eventually quit bothering trying to do crafting. I made plenty of money just selling herbs, ore, and gems in the AH.

The biggest con I have right now is all the *****es that seem to be playing. I don't mean people trying to be funny, and enjoy the game, I mean people who are downright rude and mean if you make a single mistake in an instance.

Some people take the game too far, and too seriously.
That's a major reason I quit playing after four years. It's not the only one but most others could be overlooked. When the purpose of a game is interaction with other people, and it utterly fails at that because of those other people, it's time to move on or at least give it a good long rest and hope it's better when you return.

I was never hardcore but I was more than casual. I was good but not great and I dabbled in everything except PVP, where the worst of the player attitudes are to be found. Raiding was my main form of enjoyment (followed by running heroics on alts) but the raiding in Cata just felt empty and uninspiring. It didn't help that my previous guilds burned out or just lost interest. Finding a new one that was a good fit just didn't work out.

Now I'm taking a good long break from it until I see Blizzard address the atrocious player attitude problem. All of their efforts so far have been half-hearted or just in the "deal with it" vein and not helpful at all.

Now I'm taking a good long break from it until I see Blizzard address the atrocious player attitude problem. All of their efforts so far have been half-hearted or just in the "deal with it" vein and not helpful at all.

It's not like they can patch people.

No but they can punish them more effectively, give us more ways to ignore troublemakers and restrict their ability to interact with others if they are repeat offenders, which most of them are.

Yeah, right now I'm trying to pickpocket my rogue epics. I have all the other gear VP can buy and drops from the new instances for both my rogue and my huntard. I've been avoiding doing anything invilving interracting with pick up groups, and a lot of my guild seems to be on vacation for the summer. So I'm hoping to get items that have a drop rate of .03% >.<

Hopefully things will improve on the next patch. I like the idea of them giving rewards to tanks that actually complete dungeons, but I haven't really seen it make a difference. They will sometimes just leave if a healer or DPS doesn't do something exactly right.

On a funnier note, I haven't been called a n00b since breaking 20K DPS on my huntard. Kind of hard to fault the DPS when they are outdoing the whole party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"