Comics World War Hulk: X-Men

Well his bravery and heroic nature I don't think are in question, but his battle tactics were. Like I said grappling with the Hulk wasn't the best idea, he should have tried hitting and dodging. Although it seems everyones tactics seemed ineffective, even the powered up Juggernaut. I think Wolverine got it the worst though.

it looked like Juggs could beat him, if he hadnt gotten sidestepped

I'm very interested in the future of the Juggernaut; hopefully a rematch won't be far off.

Well his bravery and heroic nature I don't think are in question, but his battle tactics were. Like I said grappling with the Hulk wasn't the best idea, he should have tried hitting and dodging. Although it seems everyones tactics seemed ineffective, even the powered up Juggernaut. I think Wolverine got it the worst though.

Nobody is expected to make smart decisions in WWH :(

I love Piotr... but Ben would OWN him. I may not get much backing on the X-Men boards... buts that's the way it is. I know I've seen Ben take Pete down... I just can't recall when. Anybody...?

I love Piotr... but Ben would OWN him. I may not get much backing on the X-Men boards... buts that's the way it is. I know I've seen Ben take Pete down... I just can't recall when. Anybody...?

Colossus got more support when this battle was suggested over at the FF forums too :D

Colossus got more support when this battle was suggested over at the FF forums too :D
Yeah, I just read that. Thank God uninformed opinions don't count... I mean, if they did... we'd have Bush or Kerry for Presi... oh.... crap... I guess they do count. :o

Oh well, I've looked and can't find a refence to any issue where Ben & Pete fought... maybe I dreamed it? If this fight hasn't been done... it sure needs to. I likes me an underdog. That'd be Ben...

And WHY does Cena keep winning? (And don't you DARE say, "'Cause rasslin's fake!")

I actually think Pete would be the underdog, considering how ridiculously underestimated he is. For those of us like Czar, and Suiciety, who know the upper limits of his strength; it'll be no surprise when Ben is reduced to a pile of rocks :D

Cena is a glitch in the Matrix :(

Cosmic Rays > Alternative to Mental ******ation (mutantism)

I love the sound of steel snapping... Oh, speaking of which... since I no longer buy any of the X-teams books... Have any of the books dealt with Pete getting his hands/forearms BENT by the Hulk... 'cause OW.

I love the sound of steel snapping... Oh, speaking of which... since I no longer buy any of the X-teams books... Have any of the books dealt with Pete getting his hands/forearms BENT by the Hulk... 'cause OW.

Since the current arc in AXM takes place well after WWH:X-Men, his arms are in perfect order and he seems in perfects shape (good reference point: Petey falling thousands of miles out of a space ship and hitting dense alien constructed builidings and finally hitting the ground without being injured).

I don't think any of us are saying the Thing is a chump. Far from it, good ole Ben is a true powerhouse. I just can't see him taking Petey down. But we all know it depends on the writer and his/her bias when depicting a fight with the Thing and Colossus. Consistency is something that has been lacking when Colossus has been written. To date, I think Whedon is the only writer who hasn't given Petey a constant beat down by foes (and let's not reference the Shaw KO in AXM - we later learned, Petey KO'd himself - which is kinda funny when you think about it).

I don't think any of us are saying the Thing is a chump.

Oh, I know. I absolutely get that. (What rational being could hate on Ben?) I'm quite enjoying dissagreeing civilly. And as I've said, I really like Collossus. He's definitly in my top 5 X-Men. But Ben is the MU's Original Strongman with more experiance and more training. No matter what your physical condition, you're only as good as you were in sparring yesterday. Ben's sparred with the best. We can all agree to disagree on this one... but I'm right.:oldrazz: heh

Do you think it would have made a difference if Bobby was there?

I would loved to have seen some creative writing involving Iceman's part in that battle, but oh well.
I was thinking though, you know what I'd really love to see is a story featuring a team-up with Marvel's premiere powerhouses Hulk, Thing, Thor, & Colossus!

O.K. we can throw Herc in there too. How about this....
2 man-monsters - Thing & Hulk
2 gods - Thor & Hercules
2 mutants - Colossus & Strong Guy (I still get a kick out of that name dopey as it is.)
Any more than that and I think we're getting too crowded.
Bring on the "Bruiser Brigade"!:up:

Apocalypse, Sinister, and Molly are all much stronger than Strong Guy and Collosus.

Do you think it would have made a difference if Bobby was there?

I think if you get Rogue and Bobby in the fray, things would have been a bit mor interesting. But then again, each hero got about one shot then they were laying on the floor of the x-mansion......Cyclops was there for like, three issues.

Apocalypse, Sinister, and Molly are all much stronger than Strong Guy and Collosus.

Apocalypse is about much more than brute strength, Sinister is powerful, but his physical strength is not in the same league as Colossus, who is Molly?
This a team of good guys....
who should they battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"