• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

World's Ugliest Cars

redmarvel

Red, White and Buxom
Reaction score
The Toronto Star printed this article but unfortunatly didn't include any pictures:

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...820&call_pageid=968867497088&col=969048871196

out of fairness to other countries, we should exclude French cars... France would take the top 10 positions and no one else would get a look in.

the consensus winner seemed to be the Pontiac Aztek.

Pudgy, ungraceful, over-decorated (that body-side cladding!) it was — is — truly awful.

the Buick Rendezvous also got some votes. To me, the back end looks like a baby buggy hood. Other jurors noted the squared-off lines, the intersecting planes — and that totally out-of-place Buick oval grille.

Not to pick on General Motors here, but being the biggest it has more candidates.

Ford also had a strong contender in the 1980 Ford Thunderbird.

Ford of Europe doesn't escape this list. The last Ford Scorpio — not the handsome one we got as the Merkur Scorpio, but its replacement — was so bad that the British Car magazine actually ran a mock investigative report trying to nail down the poor sap who was responsible for it.

Toyota unveiled the fifth-generation Celica... It looked like the clay model had been left under the heat lamp too long, or that Salvador Dali had been chief designer. It drooped and sagged.

Weird.

Toyota laid another bomb... the Echo... I'm guessing the designer was insulted by the sedan demand, because the end product looked like he picked up a lump of styling clay and fired it across the studio. Wherever it landed, it stuck.

Almost any mid-'70s Subaru or Datsun/Nissan would qualify for the Design Hall of Shame. It seems unfair to single out any one of them, but the Datsun F10 does spring, sadly, to mind.

Pontiac Aztec

Pontiac-Aztek-2002.jpg

pontiac-aztec-2k1-frnt.jpg

1980 Ford Thunderbird - big but not really one of the ugliest in my opinion...

tbird80.jpg

Honda Element

no pic, to ugly to look at

or any hybrid cars... they are great ideas, why do they make them so ugly... see the insight for puke inducing results

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

I love the batmobile! it's like a rocket car man!

StarWarsAgent said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

I love the batmobile! it's like a rocket car man!
those aren't batmobiles...

:o kinda my point

main_element.jpg

Honda Element - nasty looking POS.

FJ_Cruiser_1_big.jpg

Toyota FJ Cruiser - looks like a toy, but uglier.

My vote has to go with the Mid-80's Volvo. I mean who thought these boxy looking cars were attractive?

62_1.JPG

What about those scions that look like a box with wheels?

preview-scion-t2b-concept-20050405052254194.jpg

Ugh. :down

Azteks do suck big time....And the Scions are just as bad. I agree...they are just a box on wheels. I hate both of those.

Gamma Ray said:
FJ_Cruiser_1_big.jpg

Toyota FJ Cruiser - looks like a toy, but uglier.
Hey I like the FJ Cruiser! Im thinking about getting it.

redmarvel said:
What in BLUE BLAZES is THAT??? :wow:

I don't know, but I typed "ugly car" in google image search and this is what showed up.

should we have a thread with the coolest cars too?

We did a while ago. I'm sure it's still around

redmarvel said:
Buick Rendezvous

LANOUE%202005%20RENDEZVOUS.jpg
It's not ugly so much as it's uninteresting and unappealing. It's plain and unattractive, but there are much uglier cars out there.

Like Ashlee Simpson.

The Honda Element may look odd but it is one of the best values on the market in sheer utility alone. The Ridgeline on the other hand... :down:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"