Worst live action DC and Marvel comic films

DarkKnight

Corinthians 16:13
Reaction score
Title says it all. I've read through some threads where some people posted they hated this DC movie and they hate this Marvel movie.

So post up, I would like to see what do you think is the WORST live action DC comic book movie and the WORST live action Marvel comic book movie is?

In recent years Iron Man 3 and Green Lantern. Although GL was way closer to being salvageable and is just barely worse than the Dark Knight.( yeah yeah , I know everyone thinks I'm crazy)

In recent years Iron Man 3 and Green Lantern. Although GL was way closer to being salvageable and is just barely worse than the Dark Knight.( yeah yeah , I know everyone thinks I'm crazy)

I already knew that when you put Iron Man 3 on the same level of the likes of GL.

You're not crazy at all. You have your right to your opinion like anyone else here does. We might not agree about The Dark Knight as I think it's one of the better Comic Book Movies out there, but I can respect your opinion.

On Iron Man 3 being your Marvels worst CBM, that's interesting because I have a hard time picking what I consider Marvels Worst CBM movie myself. I really hated Iron Man 3 as well. But yet I enjoyed Ghost Rider
(I didn't say GhostRider is a great movie, but I did enjoy it and have watched it on a few occasions.) LOL so maybe I'm the crazy one.

DC is easy for me. The Worst DC CBM IMO is Batman & Robin

Marvel I have a hard time picking which I consider is the Worst Comic movie. Iron Man 3, Spiderman 3, X-men The Last Stand, Ang Lee's Hulk, Elektra.... Hmmm....

I guess my winner for WORST Marvel CBM is: Ang Lee's Hulk

Iron Man 3 wasn't perfect, but it was still great. Perfect way to make a blockbuster film that isn't going to give you something new like Star Wars, Avatar or Gravity.

I already knew that when you put Iron Man 3 on the same level of the likes of GL.

Say whatever you want, but IMO Iron Man 3 was absolutely Horrible.

Just to clarify, I am a Iron Man fan, loved the First movie, but IM 2 was disappointing but watchable, but IM3 was just plain horrible IMO.

Iron Man 3 wasn't perfect, but it was still great. Perfect way to make a blockbuster film that isn't going to give you something new like Star Wars, Avatar or Gravity.

I hear ya Lord. Different Strokes for Different Folks LOL

I recent years? MoS and Punisher War Zone.

In General, dosent have to be recent years as long as its a Marvel or DC CB movie.

I'm shocked to see MOS on your list, but I'm sure Several if not most people are shocked to see Iron Man 3 in my runnings for Worst Marvel CBM LOL

These are what to me are 1/5 movies:

Worst DC's:

- Batman & Robin
- Steel
- Catwoman
- Green Lantern

Worst Marvels:

- Elektra
- Fantastic Four
- Punisher
- Spider-Man 3
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine

In General, dosent have to be recent years as long as its a Marvel or DC CB movie.

I'm shocked to see MOS on your list, but I'm sure Several if not most people are shocked to see Iron Man 3 in my runnings for Worst Marvel CBM LOL

One person's best movie is another person's worst. If you look and the two threads for best and worst movies , you'll find many of the same movies in both threads.

Worst DC's:

- Batman & Robin
- Steel
- Catwoman
- Green Lantern

Worst Marvels:

- Elektra
- Fantastic Four
- Punisher
- Spider-Man 3

WOW I forgot about Catwoman. That movie was SO FREAKING BAD I forgot it even existed LOL Good one for the Worst list for sure.

One person's best movie is another person's worst. If you look and the two threads for best and worst movies , you'll find many of the same movies in both threads.

Agreed. I'm not one of those people that get all bent out of shape if you don't agree with me on topics like this. Believe me, I've seen some that get all bent outta shape LOL. I enjoy seeing others opinions as well.

Worst DC's:

- Batman & Robin
- Steel
- Catwoman
- Green Lantern

Worst Marvels:

- Elektra
- Fantastic Four
- Punisher
- Spider-Man 3

This along with Iron Man 3

Worse, which I categorise as been not only disappointing but poorly made.

of the ones I've seen...

Worst DC's:

- Batman & Robin
- Green Lantern
- Superman 4

Worst Marvels:

- Spider-Man 3
- X3
- The Incredible Hulk
- Iron Man 3
- Ghost Rider

While I didn't love the F4 movies, Daredevil, Punisher or Iron Man 2, I find them watchable.

Haven't seen Elektra or Catwoman, which are often regarded the worst of each brand

Last edited:
DC - Catwoman
Marvel - Fantastic Four (1994)

Worst of DC Films
Batman & Robin
Catwoman
Jonah Hex
Steel
Supergirl: The Movie
Superman III
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

Worst of Marvel Films
Blade: Trinity
Elektra
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Punisher: Warzone
Spider-man 3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Last edited:
DC: Catwoman
Marvel: Elektra

I'll do my top 3 for each. I'm going to stick with more modern films ( 2000
and more recent).
As I think it's unfair to criticize old movies that may have also suffered
from not having today's technology available.....instead I'm going to
pick films, that despite having that technology, still managed to be ****.

DC:
Jonah Hex (haven't seen Catwoman)

Superman Returns (yes, I said it, I would rather watch Superman IV: Quest for Peace !)

Green Lantern (and I love GL, so that was hard to admit, ouch !) great effects, but executed so poorly, with an unlikeable lead, a boring love interest, and annoying villains. A recipe for how not to make a big budget super-hero film.

and......League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (DC owns it now), yes, that's four, but
I couldn't resist.

oh wait...there's one more. THE SPIRIT, now that is one unwatchable piece of crap, worse than all the others put together.

Now I'm a DC fan, I admit my bias. When DC makes **** films I just accept it
and move on.

However, MARVEL have made some really, really good films, and even some of
their not-so-great films are still fun to watch.

E.G. I didn't mind the first Ghost Rider film, but really enjoyed the second one, because it was hilarious, Cage was crazier than ever, and though it had some really **** moments, it was fun.

So, when Marvel makes a stinker, or worse yet, gets one of their main characters
wrong, IMO, then I get riled up.

Marvel:

Elektra, I watched half of it, then stopped (yes, the second half could be awesome
and I really could have missed out.......said no one ever).

Iron Man 2 and 3, which made me really sad, as I loved Iron Man (it's tied with Dark Knight as my all time fave superhero film). Of the two Iron Man 2 was much lazier
and boring, Iron Man 3 tried a lot harder, and I have to admit the Mandarin twist was original, I didn't think it worked - but props to Shane Black for trying. I kind of see Iron Man 3 as the Superman Returns of Marvel films, let's take everything that makes this character great and turn him into a *****-version of himself. Just IMO, but
I hated that movie (and all it's enormous plot holes).

Wolverine:Origins and The Wolverine. ****, I know you're all like "Are you on crack,
the Wolverine was awesome." man I wish I could agree, I'm from Canada, originally,
and I love Wolverine, but I didn't enjoy either of these films.

There were some good action set pieces in TW, but not enough to save it - again, I didn't like Jackman's portrayal of the character ( he did a great Wolverine in Xmen and X2, and in X3) but he's taken the gruff loner thing a bit too far here
- plus the central premise is that he's sad because his girlfriends have all died, and he can't get sick, he grows old slowly, and will never suffer from lingering injuries, arthritis or any other ailment unlike the rest of us- boo-hoo !

There are plenty of things for Wolvie to feel sad about, like in the comics, how his sense of obligation (giri) kept him from doing what (and who) he really wanted to do, amongst other things - but *****ing about his healing factor, come on that just makes him a *****.

Amazing Spider Man (great effects, but the story, didn't I just see this a couple of years ago....oh wait, I did, with a less annoying actor as Peter Parker, and a less
contrived villain performed brilliantly by a better actor. I guess this film isn't terrible, but terribly unnecessary. The cranes thing was a bit cheesy for my taste, and that
line about the best promises being the ones you don't keep a) doesn't make sense,
and b) makes Peter a *****e bag, which is something he never was in the comics or movies.

However, having seen the trailers TASM 2 looks a lot better, so I have some hope it will
get me keen on Spidey again ( my favourite superheroes have always been Superman, Batman and Spider-Man).

Sorry, rant over. Hey it's all IMO and I know that a lot of people loved those films
but that's just the way I see it.

btw- Great thread !

Last edited:
I hear ya Lord. Different Strokes for Different Folks LOL

Even then, Cinema like other forms of art is to be evaluated from both, subjective and objective means. Tastes are not the same thing as evaluating quality, i can enjoy a film that is crap, and the oposite can happen too.

Saying that Iron Man 3 is objectivelly horrible? It had witt, good action and some imprecive scenes.

Even then, Cinema like other forms of art is to be evaluated from both, subjective and objective means. Tastes are not the same thing as evaluating quality, i can enjoy a film that is crap, and the oposite can happen too.

Saying that Iron Man 3 is objectivelly horrible? It had witt, good action and some imprecive scenes.

I see what you are saying. Sure It had action, and yes it had impressive scenes, but IMO it was still a horrible movie, very forgettable. As I said before, I am a big Iron Man fan. Just because a movie has awesome visuals and action does not simply make it a good movie IMO. Again, I know I'm probably the minority of not liking Iron Man 3, but as you said, everyone's tastes are not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"