Worst Movie Titles Ever: Superhero Edition

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
What are the worst CBM titles?

I always found "X2" to be tremendously stupid. I mean, why. What's wrong with X-Men 2, is it too long to pronounce or what.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Really clumsy title. Should have been the first red flag that something was wrong.

As a Marvelite it's depressing to admit that Spiderman Homecoming is pretty damn lame.

Son of the Mask
I guess it lived up to the basic idea, but still... eh, what should I say about it without laughing hard at how cringeworthy it is?
I always found "X2" to be tremendously stupid. I mean, why. What's wrong with X-Men 2, is it too long to pronounce or what.
I guess they wanted the number to stay so they'd confirm where this stands among the movies, and still keep the X-Men United part they originally wanted as a title?
That would be my guess, before they went off that measure in 2011 and chose to go with "X-Men: Subtitle" as they moved on.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I hate that title. Just call it Wolverine.

X-men Origins: Wolverine, no doubt.

Should have been just Wolverine Origins however the worst imo is Spider-Man Homecoming

Fant4stic. Come on, I know its actually Fantastic Four, but the way its used in the title card is just a terrible marketing move. The name makes the film sound like cheap and broken film, which it ended up being.

I always called his first solo film (and game adaption) Wolverine Origins.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Really clumsy title. Should have been the first red flag that something was wrong.

Unreal that a title is a red flag for some. Some fans are just too easy to upset.

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Both hideous titles chosen for marketing purposes. Luckily they are both terrible films too so you can just forget them and move on.

The Dark Knight Rises

An obvious attempt to cash in on 'The Dark Knight' with the addition of 'Rises', the corporate buzzword du jour.

Batman V Superman: DOJ, why not Man of Steel 2

Spiderman Homecoming, maybe the title can change Spidey or Marvel Spider-Man

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Spider-Man: Homecoming are both pretty bad.

I like Homecoming. :(

The Dark Knight Rises

An obvious attempt to cash in on 'The Dark Knight' with the addition of 'Rises', the corporate buzzword du jour.

It's a reference to The Dark Knight Returns, which the movie is partially based on.

Batman V Superman: DOJ, why not Man of Steel 2

LOL, because Superman was a background character. Still, BvS: DoJ is pretty damned awful.

I also think Transformers: Dark of the Moon is really awful. It sounds like they wanted to call it Dark Side of the Moon but were afraid Pink Floyd would sue them so they just removed one word.

Anything involving "dark" is bad. Thor: The Dark World, Star Trek: Into Darkness...

Spider-Man Homecoming takes the cake above all others. the initials of the movie are SMH. Deserved.

Spider-Man: Homecoming. Sounds like a prom movie.

It sounds different. But nothing generic like dawn of [], or the rises. or the dark[] [], any crap I seen over years. I am more and more ok with Homecoming to a point where I actually like it. And I also take Homecoming over Spider-Man: Coming of Age, Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits, or Spider-Man: Suspended which where all rumoured titles.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice- now I don't hate/dislike this film like most, but the title is pretty dumb

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- the title just feels like it's too long

Spider-Man: Homecoming- I get why, but seriously, there are better options

Thor: The Dark World- if I recall correctly, the dark world was mentioned only once and really had no significance in the plot

BvS, Spidey: Homecoming, and X2: X-men United I agree on

I'll add:
-Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
-Fant4stic (goddam number-letters!)

As much as I am excited about a Spidey film being produced by MS, Spider-man: Homecoming does sound awkward. I wish they'd gone with Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-man, or something along those lines, or just gone back to plain "Spider-man".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"