Would you pay to see a movie about the Justice Society of America?

Dr. Fate

Avenger
Reaction score
Everyone talks about a film adaptation of JLA but never about a film adaptation of JSA so I'd like to ask if there was ever to be a film about the JSA (Justice Soceity of America) would you pay money to see it?

Honestly, I would pay money to see a Bi-Beast movie if it was made well enough.

I would pay money to see it if they had experienced actors as the older heroes and unknowns as the younger ones. That would probably move me... of course, I went to see League of (allegedly) Extraordinary Gentlemen, so perhaps I'm a pushover...

Probably not because I'm not as familiar with the characters as I am with the Justice League. But if it looks to be a good movie then yes.

Well for those who would like to see a JSA movie, would you like to drop casting suggestions?

It should be a WW2 period piece that introduces the JSA being founded with the heroes at their prime.

The audiences would need an origin.

We need casting for:

Alan Scott

Jay Garrick

Wildcat

Dr Fate

Star Man (Jack Knight)

Hourman

Sandman

Hawkman

The Spectre

and

Black Canary

I'd be willing to go see it in the cheapies, but I don't think I'd pay the box office price.

Deadman666 said:
It should be a WW2 period piece that introduces the JSA being founded with the heroes at their prime.

The audiences would need an origin.

We need casting for:

Alan Scott

Jay Garrick

Wildcat

Dr Fate

Star Man (Jack Knight)

Hourman

Sandman

Hawkman

The Spectre

and

Black Canary

i think that 10 members is a little much 5 or 6 would be better for a 2 hour movie.

Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Wildcat
Dr Fate
Star Man
Sandman
Hawkman

If Power Girl was in it I would. Oh yeah, and Wild Cat, The (Jay Garrick) Flash, Hourman, Dr. Midnight, Dr. Fate, and Sandman too.

HR-PUFF&STUFF said:
i think that 10 members is a little much 5 or 6 would be better for a 2 hour movie.

Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Wildcat
Dr Fate
Star Man
Sandman
Hawkman

Yes and No. It would be like X-men; 7 or 8 leads with a few cameo lesser characters in the background.

JSA main characters:

Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Wildcat
Dr Fate
Star Man
Sandman
Hawkman
Black Canary

Background characters:

Dr Midnight
Hourman
Original Mr Terrific

etc.... (basically a bunch of costumed detective-like heroes like Crimson Avenger).

All organized by President Rosevelt to fight genetically engineered metahuman creatures by the Germans and their allies during WW2.

Red Mask said:
Brandy Ledford for Black Canary.

Decent choice but a bit too old if its an origin story with these heroes at their prime.

A mid to late 20s actress would be preferable.

Deadman666 said:
Yes and No. It would be like X-men; 7 or 8 leads with a few cameo lesser characters in the background.

JSA main characters:

Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Wildcat
Dr Fate
Star Man
Sandman
Hawkman
Black Canary

Background characters:

Dr Midnight
Hourman
Original Mr Terrific

etc.... (basically a bunch of costumed detective-like heroes like Crimson Avenger).

All organized by President Rosevelt to fight genetically engineered metahuman creatures by the Germans and their allies during WW2.

X-Men had three leads, and five-ten lesser characters in the background... to be fair... it can be done, but X-Men is hardly a model of team balance...

GL1 said:
X-Men had three leads, and five-ten lesser characters in the background... to be fair... it can be done, but X-Men is hardly a model of team balance...
X-Men really had only 1 lead - Wolverine.

What other actors would you consider, besides the one who said Brad Pitt as Alan Scott?

Dr. Fate said:
X-Men really had only 1 lead - Wolverine.

What other actors would you consider, besides the one who said Brad Pitt as Alan Scott?

(Sigh...) The sad truth.

That said, if we're having Brad Pitt around, then dang... we might as well just buy the bank...

Colin Farrel as Dr. Midnite
The Rock as Hawkman
Tom Cruise as Hourman
Matt Damon as The Flash
Johnny Depp as Dr. Fate
Dennis Haysbert as the Spectre
Kate Beckinsdale as Black Canary
Nicolas Cage as Elipso

There... a fun time to be had by all...

GL1 said:

Oh. I meant x2 for example; Wolverine, Storm, Jean, Professor X, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Iceman...

Compared to Collusus, Kitty Pryde etc (the background mutants who have cameo-like appearances).

GL1 said:
(Sigh...) The sad truth.

That said, if we're having Brad Pitt around, then dang... we might as well just buy the bank...

Colin Farrel as Dr. Midnite
The Rock as Hawkman
Tom Cruise as Hourman
Matt Damon as The Flash
Johnny Depp as Dr. Fate
Dennis Haysbert as the Spectre
Kate Beckinsdale as Black Canary
Nicolas Cage as Elipso

There... a fun time to be had by all...
:(

We'll have to talk about a more serious casting for JSA next time.

Deadman666 said:
Decent choice but a bit too old if its an origin story with these heroes at their prime.

A mid to late 20s actress would be preferable.

It doesn't need to be an origin story.

Yes it does. Otherwise audiences wont connect to these characters or understand them. Theyve never been done before.

Superman didnt need to be an origin story since Donner already explored the origins.

It should at least be when President Roosevelt decided to form the JSA in the heat of ww2. That was their finest hour and their defining moment in history.

I want to make this film seem like the JSA were legends, and Superman's own personal heroes.

They set the mold for future heroes to follow and some gave their lives heroically for America.

I meant they don't have to tell the origin of their powers. As long as they act like heroes there's no need to spend much time doing that.

P.S. Brandy Ledford for Black Canary.

Red Mask said:
I meant they don't have to tell the origin of their powers. As long as they act like heroes there's no need to spend much time doing that.

I think there should be a few flashback sequences to certain key members discovering their powers; akin to the flashback in SR of young Clark discovering flight.

Heres my JSA Cast so far. You really need actors who are strong enough to convey the classic essense of these characters, coming out of the 1940s.

Jay Garrick (The Flash) - Cole Hauser. Strong actor.

mozinet_DAT138_1240.jpg

co6.jpg

Alan Scott (The Green Lantern) - Connor Trinneer. Great actor, great classic presense; Star Trek Enterprise, Stargate etc

connor.jpg
320x240.jpg

Ted Grant (Wildcat) - George Eads. Good actor; CSI. Could look the part of a pro boxing champion.

176.jpg
101569-1.jpg

Dr Fate - Clancy Brown. Voice actor of Lex Luthor on JLU and TV/movie actor. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000317/

ClancyBrown.jpg

Deadman666 said:
Heres my JSA Cast so far. You really need actors who are strong enough to convey the classic essense of these characters, coming out of the 1940s.

Jay Garrick (The Flash) - Cole Hauser. Strong actor.

mozinet_DAT138_1240.jpg

co6.jpg

Alan Scott (The Green Lantern) - Connor Trinneer. Great actor, great classic presense; Star Trek Enterprise, Stargate etc

connor.jpg
320x240.jpg

Ted Grant (Wildcat) - George Eads. Good actor; CSI. Could look the part of a pro boxing champion.

176.jpg
101569-1.jpg

Dr Fate - Clancy Brown. Voice actor of Lex Luthor on JLU and TV/movie actor. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000317/

ClancyBrown.jpg
Alright, that's a good start.

This is probably a stupid question, but should a JSA film include Captain Marvel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"