Would you pay to see a movie about the Justice Society of America?

I always loved the JSA more than the JLA.

Alas, there will never be a feature film of either. No, im not counting that made for TV JLA POS either.

Dr. Fate said:
Alright, that's a good start.

This is probably a stupid question, but should a JSA film include Captain Marvel?

Nope, his rights are tied up with Peter Segal's Shazam film.

I'd pay all the money in the world for a JSA movie. A WWII period JSA film would be great and probably a better route than a JLA film.

Deadman666 said:
Nope, his rights are tied up with Peter Segal's Shazam film.
My bad.

Can you imagine the young
heston.jpeg
as Alan Scott
Alan_scott-ross.jpg

Ya that would have been cool. I've always pictured young Alan Scott as more of a young Robert Redford-type. I know Conner Trinneer can kinda play that off.

Deadman666 said:
Ya that would have been cool. I've always pictured young Alan Scott as more of a young Robert Redford-type. I know Conner Trinneer can kinda play that off.
Young Robert Redford... I hadn't thought about that. Interesting idea, and probably a better match height wise (I don't think Alan Scott's all that tall according to DC, like 5'11", where as Heston, in his prime, stood 6'3", whereas Redford was only 5'10").

I don't know what JSA is, but yeah, probably.

Dr. Fate said:
Young Robert Redford... I hadn't thought about that. Interesting idea, and probably a better match height wise (I don't think Alan Scott's all that tall according to DC, like 5'11", where as Heston, in his prime, stood 6'3", whereas Redford was only 5'10").

Ya and Conner Trinneer is around 5'11 - 6. The southern accent he wears on ST Enterprise is a fake too.

Casting Starman, Hourman, Spectre, Hawkman and Canary is trickier though.

I would pay to see it two or three times probably.

I would pay to see it. However, I'm gonna go ahead and say Jay Garrick would probably not be in it because they are probably saving all things "Flash" for the feature film of the same name. The same thing may be said of Alan Scott. However, they could just call him Sentinal instead of Green Lantern.

Donnie Darko said:
I would pay to see it. However, I'm gonna go ahead and say Jay Garrick would probably not be in it because they are probably saving all things "Flash" for the feature film of the same name. The same thing may be said of Alan Scott. However, they could just call him Sentinal instead of Green Lantern.
It's always something.

Would you accept this guy as Alan Scott?
rbthood.jpg

would you want it set in WW2 or present day?

Would you want it to acknowledge superman and the jla or do you want them to stand on it own.

Black Adam or Captain marvel?

And is it just me or do you think that the same way X-men recognised wolverines potential, JSA would do the same to Wildcat.

my line up is...

Alan Scott
Wildcat
Dr Fate
Black Adam
Mr Teriffic

and i cant decide or the women, powergirl doesnt really fit anymore.

dmor173 said:
would you want it set in WW2 or present day?

WW2 of course. Perfect backdrop for an epic JSA origins story.

dmor173 said:
Would you want it to acknowledge superman and the jla or do you want them to stand on it own.?

No. Its the 1940s. Superman isnt born yet.

dmor173 said:
Black Adam or Captain marvel?

Neither. They are tied up with the present day Captain Marvel film.

dmor173 said:
And is it just me or do you think that the same way X-men recognised wolverines potential, JSA would do the same to Wildcat

Ya possibly.

dmor173 said:
my line up is...

Alan Scott
Wildcat
Dr Fate
Black Adam
Mr Teriffic

This is my lineup. Its pretty classic:

Major Characters (8)

Alan Scott
Jay Garrick
Wildcat
Dr Fate
The Spectre
Hawkman
Starman
Black Canary

Background Cameo Appearances (Similar to Collusus and Kitty Pride in X2)

Sandman
Hourman
Dr Midnight

dmor173 said:
and i cant decide or the women, powergirl doesnt really fit anymore.

Black Canary. Hippolyta is tied up with the WW movie.

Donnie Darko said:

Ya. I was going to say the same thing.

Have Jay Garrick and Alan Scott wear their same normal traditional costumes....but call:

Alan Scott - Sentinal

Jay Garrick - Scarlett Speedster

They could still be used.

Deadman666 said:
Ya. I was going to say the same thing.

Have Jay Garrick and Alan Scott wear their same normal traditional costumes....but call:

Alan Scott - Sentinal

Jay Garrick - Scarlett Speedster

They could still be used.
Works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member