Dark Phoenix X-Men: Dark Phoenix News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you're doing it again he was just as involved as he was with SS even moreso maybe. It was reported he ghost directed or helped many of the action scenes or at least gave up his second unit director to help her. Patty said herself she met with him many times trying to perfect the story treatment.

Everything else I agree with you 100% on though. I hope Dark Phoenix is Kinbergs chance to prove he's not a hack. I doubt it but who knows at this point?
The script was Heinberg people forget him working on this movie as well. Im not speaking of action scenes right now or co directing just the script for the most part and i did agree that he no doubt helped a bit on the movie but not to the point of SS where everyone says due to conflict between the director and Snyder wanting different views. I was saying that he wasnt as overbearing this time and gave Patty a bit more free reign to create her vision simply. We will know how Kinberg does once that first trailer comes out, im cautiously optimistic but Im hoping he surprises me. I want Storm done right and showcased in the proper light, really hope we get the Giant Sized outfit with the tiara that houses her lockpicks.

Did they release the first 6-7 minutes of Apocalypse like they did with DOFP? I remember there being a lot of positive feedback/anticipation for DOFP when they did. I think it'll help if they try to release a strong few minutes of footage (not too spoilerly) to help with DP.
Nah, they didn't. But iirc they showed off the first minutes of DOFP with Bobby and co. facing off against the Sentinels somewhere and then at the MTV movie awards with Ellen presenting it. The power displays in that scene (particularly Blink and Iceman) combined with the brutality of the Sentinels were definitely were received well, and releasing it online only helped them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"