'X-Men' Director Being Sued For Sex Abuse Allegations - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has this been confirmed? :huh:

Have you learned the difference between rumours and truth yet? Now might be a good time to start...

It hasn't - which is why I used the term "all but been". Various websites have posted reports that Singer targets young, sexually confused males, plies them with money, drugs and alcohol and coerced/seduces them into having sex with him. I think that with this much smoke there tends to be fire. It appears as though FOX Studios has come to the same conclusion.

Nah, go back to living in denial.

Are you serious? And you expect us to take you seriously with an attitude like that?

Let's examine a hypothetical for a moment. Suppose Michael Egan's claims are actually true and Singer is guilty, but in spite of being true, the surrounding factors (lack of concrete evidence, the length of time he waited to come forward, ect.) cause him to end up losing the case. In this scenario, his choice to live in denial all these years could cost him not only a chance at getting some sort of justice, but further leaves a (read: in reality at this point, still alleged) sexual predator unpunished (at least in the eyes of the courts). And you would advocate that myself and the rest of the posters here should "go back to living in denial" ?

Are you serious? And you expect us to take you seriously with an attitude like that?

Let's examine a hypothetical for a moment. Suppose Michael Egan's claims are actually true and Singer is guilty, but in spite of being true, the surrounding factors (lack of concrete evidence, the length of time he waited to come forward, ect.) cause him to end up losing the case. In this scenario, his choice to live in denial all these years could cost him not only a chance at getting some sort of justice, but further leaves a (read: in reality at this point, still alleged) sexual predator unpunished (at least in the eyes of the courts). And you would advocate that myself and the rest of the posters here should "go back to living in denial" ?
I don't really care what you want to believe.

It hasn't - which is why I used the term "all but been". Various websites have posted reports that Singer targets young, sexually confused males, plies them with money, drugs and alcohol and coerced/seduces them into having sex with him. I think that with this much smoke there tends to be fire. It appears as though FOX Studios has come to the same conclusion.

:wow: That's all the evidence needed right there! I say throw away the key! You guys are some tough lawyers.

I haven't had a satisfactory answer.
And apparently you never will.

Your tune has completely changed from the last thread. At least you're not delusionally threatening people with legal action anymore.

I don't really care what you want to believe.

If you don't care what I, or other posters like X-Maniac, believe, then why are you taking the time to reply and attempt to provide a counter argument to those of us who hold the viewpoint that there is no real evidence yet to support one side or another?

If you don't care what I, or other posters like X-Maniac, believe, then why are you taking the time to reply and attempt to provide a counter argument to those of us who hold the viewpoint that there is no real evidence yet to support one side or another?

I haven't seen that

Where are all these teens in his movies?! I don't see much evidence...
So it's only wrong to promise teens roles to get sex from them? Also I assume like any good Hollywood predator he would lie to most of the young men whom he promised roles.

You don't have to believe those rumors but you can't stop others from believing them. I'm not naive enough to believe that their is no casting couch in Hollywood, sleezebags who take advantage of young actors who want a big break. I also don't think that people are saints just because they are Gay. There are bad Gay people just like there are good gay people.

Because this is a message board. I can't control what idiots respond to what.

And there is plenty of evidence that Singer is a creepy weirdo whether he did this particular incident or not, and also whether you refuse to believe it or not.

I haven't seen that

That's because, from what I've seen at least, he's done a very poor job of doing so. But, he has basically suggested the idea that there is, in fact, currently in existence, articles or some sort of material that does in fact support the notion that Singer is a sexual predator. This is in direct conflict with the view point of myself and at least a few others, such as X-Maniac, who continue to maintain that there just simply isn't any actual evidence of that so far.

That's because, from what I've seen at least, he's done a very poor job of doing so. But, he has basically suggested the idea that there is, in fact, currently in existence, articles or some sort of material that does in fact support the notion that Singer is a sexual predator. This is in direct conflict with the view point of myself and at least a few others, such as X-Maniac, who continue to maintain that there just simply isn't any actual evidence of that so far.
I really don't think you want to hitch your wagon to that pony...go read the previous thread.

It's wrong to promise people roles for sex but I also think that if they're 18 they're not babies, they're not children, they don't need mommy and daddy to hold their hands and tell them what to do next. I didn't come from the perfect home but at 18 I would know not to **** a movie producer who promised me a role. Especially when we're in his pool party filled with 100 other people around the same age, doing the same things. I would go "Hmmm, this probably isn't the first party, there's a ton of others here, is this really how he casts his movies?" I have no sympathy for idiots.

Hal_Jordan if you want to cradle these fools because they got naked in a pool with Singer and other faceless naked twinks go right ahead. That was their decision. If EVIDENCE comes out that people were underage, that's different. Remember what evidence is bro?

It's wrong to promise people roles for sex but I also think that if they're 18 they're not babies, they're not children, they don't need mommy and daddy to hold their hands and tell them what to do next. I didn't come from the perfect home but at 18 I would know not to **** a movie producer who promised me a role. Especially when we're in his pool party filled with 100 other people around the same age, doing the same things. I would go "Hmmm, this probably isn't the first party, there's a ton of others here, is this really how he casts his movies?" I have no sympathy for idiots.

Hal_Jordan if you want to cradle these fools because they got naked in a pool with Singer and other faceless naked twinks go right ahead. That was their decision. If EVIDENCE comes out that people were underage, that's different. Remember what evidence is bro?
And denial aint just a river...bro.

I really don't think you want to hitch your wagon to that pony...go read the previous thread.

I've read the entire thread already. And I don't recall reading any articles posted by anyone that provided evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Singer himself participated in any of the actions and behaviors that you and others are accusing him of.

The only thing I've seen is that, based on numerous parties and events that Singer has attended, it is highly likely that he is friends, associates with, or other wise acquainted with a fair number of people who live morally dubious lives, and as such, it's very plausible that he lives his life in the same way. But all that supposition and conjecture does not equal actual proof.

And furthermore, it certainly doesn't explain why you, yourself, would be so resistant to re-posting any relevant links to support the idea that Singer might actually BE a sexual predator. For a matter so serious, it's frankly a little disturbing to see you behave this way.

I've read the entire thread already. And I don't recall reading any articles posted by anyone that provided evidence that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Singer himself participated in any of the actions and behaviors that you and others are accusing him of.

The only thing I've seen is that, based on numerous parties and events that Singer has attended, it is highly likely that he is friends, associates with, or other wise acquainted with a fair number of people who live morally dubious lives, and as such, is very plausible that he lives his life in the same way. But all that supposition and conjecture does not equal actual proof.

And furthermore, it certainly doesn't explain why you, yourself, would be so resistant to re-posting any relevant links to support the idea that Singer might actually BE a sexual predator. For a matter so serious, it's frankly a little disturbing to see you behave this way.

insert witty denial line in 3....2....

The only thing I've seen is that, based on numerous parties and events that Singer has attended, it is highly likely that he is friends, associates with, or other wise acquainted with a fair number of people who live morally dubious lives, and as such, it's very plausible that he lives his life in the same way. But all that supposition and conjecture does not equal actual proof.

Do your own homework.

Bryan Singer fanboys think that he is a good guy just because he directed X-Men, that's my take away from this conversation. If this were a hated director like Bay or Ratner they wouldn't think the rumors were no big deal.

It would be natural for a studio to react this way while all this mess has to be sorted out.

I'm not saying he's innocent, nor am I saying he's guilty. At this point it's all unproven, even if he goes to wild parties...

This is what caused the ignorance.I see that people are still in the middle ages.

1.+hoguera.jpg

hitler45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back