X Men: The Last Stand - My Review

Cyclops-Summers said:
So this movie is a real suckshiiiiiitttt!!!

Why doesnt Cyclops wear an uniform whereas he does in the movie poster ??!!
Why doesnt Phenix shine her eyes and make flamme around body ??!!
Why didnt they make a long movie 2h20 around ??!!

wouinnnnn :( :( :(

Ratner is so worthless!!! Characters no developed, because of short duration, no phoenix power like X2 whereas Singer did that...
It make me so angry and furious!!!
You are annoying me. Stop it with your moaning. Like Spidey (awesome avvy btw) said, you haven't seen it yet

The Ones said:
What im confused about is that My cinema says this movie is 105 min, 10 min longer than the version PWR saw. Maybe the Theratrical Relase will have more scenes and the longer scenes at the begining and have a short glimpse of the firebird. Hopefuly the one the critics saw was cut down

credits dude.

jimjam-06 said:
That p****s me off too!

They said it would be in! It's one thing to not have it in, it's another to tease us and lie about it!

I'm just clinging to the hope there's another version for us :( :)

Seriously, it makes absolutely no sense. Its ******ed, considering they already showed the effects at the end of X2. It reeks of cheapness. "Phoenix fire? Screw that, we'll just make her a zombie. Woooooo"

Same way with the Sentinel. They should have cut that travesty out altogether.

Cyclops-Summers said:

Ratner is so worthless!!! Characters no developed, because of short duration, no phoenix power like X2 whereas Singer did that...
i'm no Ratner fan , but he was hired at the last minute

Blame Fox.

FieryBalrog said:
Seriously, it makes absolutely no sense. Its ******ed, considering they already showed the effects at the end of X3. It reeks of cheapness. "Phoenix fire? Screw that, we'll just make her a zombie. Woooooo"

Same way with the Sentinel. They should have cut that travesty out altogether.

i can't agree more.

No Phoenix Fire....I'm sad.:( I need an explanation for this! Why?!

StormCrazy said:
Because Fox has, and always will, treat the X-men franchise like dog****.

StormCrazy said:
wait till you see it...
not trying to give you much hope, but the final effects for both X1 and X2 were done like one week before the movies release...

Cyclops-Summers said:

You should READ the review in this thread. Considering it was positive. No one seems to understand that, it's all "NO FIRE CYCLOPS DEAD NEW INTRO!!"

lordofthenerds said:
Thanks for the review. :up: Too bad that those people didn't like it though. I'm guessing this will be kind of a mix between FF and Daredevil.

That's not a bad thing in my book. This Fox/Ratner bashing over a guy that rated the movie a 8.5/10 is absurd.

PhoenixwillRise.. I want to ask:

1) Did any non-XMen fans you saw the movie with, or knew at the screening, feel in any way cheated by the Cyclops and Xavier deaths, the surprise ending and the running time? Was that an issue for non-fans?

2) Does the brilliant Xavier monologue from the trailer (the part where he goes on about the better and worse angels of our very nature) feature anywhere in the movie?

3) Is Storm's origin (Africa, goddess etc) hinted at or revealed in any of her dialogue scenes?

4) Did you see Psylocke use her 'psi-blades' - the energy knives from her hands?

5) Did Quill seem a worthwhile person to be included - visually or character-wise?

what does jubilee do? u said she was in i n she is a fav of mine....

X-Maniac said:
2) Does the brilliant Xavier monologue from the trailer (the part where he goes on about the better and worse angels of our very nature) feature anywhere in the movie?

Pretty sure that was only recorded for the teaser.

Nice review! I guess we'll have to wait till the movie comes out before we pass judgement.

The Original Bamfer said:
Girl, you need to get that post count up if you're ever to beat me... :p :D

Make no mistake my brother, that my post count will rise, when the air is still and the night has fallen...There is only one question you must answer....CAN YOU TAKE THE HEAT? :p

About that Phoenix Fire. I think we will see it. The effects houses are working right up until the last minute. Kinberg said that pre screenings will most likely not see it and it will be first seen in cinemas

Aiden said:
About that Phoenix Fire. I think we will see it. The effects houses are working right up until the last minute. Kinberg said that pre screenings will most likely not see it and it will be first seen in cinemas

where'd he say that?

Aidens right. There are phoenix effects, i remember reading hte q&a with kinberg and he said that he had seen the effect as a work in progress and it looks amazing and we will see it in all its glory at the final battle. They must be still working on it or saving it for the actual release.

I hope so!!
Here's some of his answers I find interesting...

*They are almost finished now, but the houses are working down to the wire. I don’t think you’ll see truly completed visual effects until the actual print of the film in theaters.

*I sure hope so. I think it’s pretty mind-blowing. The effect of her power is stunning.

*The VFX team is working hard on the Phoenix power. I don’t think they’ll show a glimpse of the final product until it’s fully complete. They’re doing some incredibly ambitious work on this effect.

...as cool as the dark eyes and veins look I wouldn't exactly describe it as incredibly ambitious work so I hope he was referring to something more!

See, even the film the reviewers and critics are seeing still isnt the full final cut

Now, I'm feeling a bit more positive. I hope you're all right. :up: If not...shame.

Aiden said:
You quoted it in another thread. It was something along those lines

hmmm, ok he never directly said pre-screenings won't have the final Phoenix Effect but hopefully that's what he meant!

Storm22 said:
hmmm, ok he never directly said pre-screenings won't have the final Phoenix Effect but hopefully that's what he meant!
Yeah, I'm sure that's what he was hinting towards

X-Maniac

1) Did any non-XMen fans you saw the movie with, or knew at the screening, feel in any way cheated by the Cyclops and Xavier deaths, the surprise ending and the running time? Was that an issue for non-fans?
- i went with 1 friend who is a huge X fan. and no, he did not mind that Cyke died, tho he did agree that as it was a Phoenix story they shud had included him more.. Xaviers death was great and powerful so that worked really well! He also agrees with me that the start seemed a bit odd an like a montage of scenes hastily put together and that some charatcers did not have enbough screen time (mainly Angel and Rogue!)

2) Does the brilliant Xavier monologue from the trailer (the part where he goes on about the better and worse angels of our very nature) feature anywhere in the movie? - NO

3) Is Storm's origin (Africa, goddess etc) hinted at or revealed in any of her dialogue scenes? - NO

4) Did you see Psylocke use her 'psi-blades' - the energy knives from her hands? - NO, just her teleport

5) Did Quill seem a worthwhile person to be included - visually or character-wise? - ACtually Yeah.. he was pretty good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"