• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

X3 Books next year (Spoiler on the movie)!

I'm getting it i'm just not going to read it until after the movie is out.I've also orderd the kiddie books.:O

These were spotted by LittleMissVixen in the photo album thread. Art from 'Beast Chooses Sides' and 'Meet The X-Men' books.

From artist Steve E.Gordon's official blog:

Saturday, May 06, 2006
They're here...

I've been so busy lately with post-production on The Condor and starting editing and calling retakes for Mosaic that I've hardly had a moment to breathe. Quite a difference from when I had plenty of free time to sit around and was able to do some of these drawings that I posted earlier. Actually I still have a few sketches I made during that down time that I think I might get around to posting sometime soon...or maybe I'll save them for next year's sketchbook.

Anyway the reason for this post is yesterday when I arrived home for work there was a big box filled with the X3 books I illustrated from HarperCollins. It's great to see these things in print - especially right before I start on the next set of books based on Spider-man 3. I can see now that what I thought was almost too bright wasn't and I need to go a lot brighter than I ever would've guessed. I should also be a lot clearer for the inker on the coloring/activity books ...or at least, check his work afterwards. HarperCollins seemed happy and so did my son, who colored them, since this was the first thing he could show his friends that he had printed.

Here's a couple of choice pages (sans text) that I thought might whett your appetites...feel free to click on the links to the right if you want to show your appreciation and purchase these fine examples of my art (and show your appreciation for this blog)...if not, I'll understand
beast5ta.jpg

meetthexmen8yc.jpg

meetthexmen28sz.jpg

Source: http://stevenegordon.blogspot.com/

Cover art and a scan from a page of the Coloring book.....

X-Men: The Last Stand: Coloring and Activity Book and Crayons
by Lana Jacobs, Steven E. Gordon (Illustrator)

coloringx39se.jpg

coloringpage2dz.jpg

About X-Men: The Last Stand: Coloring and Activity Book and Crayons
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All your favorite characters from X-Men 3 come alive in this coloring and activity book. Experience all the excitement of the movie with mazes, connect-the-dot puzzles, pictures, word games, and more!

ISBN13: 9780060822101; ISBN: 0060822104; Imprint: HarperKidsEntertainment; On Sale: 05/09/2006; Format: Merchandise; Trimsize: 8 1/4 x 11; Pages: 32; $4.99
Source: http://www.harpercollins.com/global_scripts/product_catalog/book_xml.asp?isbn=0060822104
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/00...002-0180092-5804030?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Hehe, I beat Retro to posting a pic...

The cover wasn't but the first page was

I'm sure this is just me speaking as a Rogue fan and i shouldnt get too excited BUT

That definately looks like the final battle and Rogue is there, so maaaaybe that might mean something? :O

Oh and thanks for posting those! :)

which one comes out today?

I got Fight The Cure last week when I got the junior novel. Its a kiddie book, only 6 chapters following the junior novel.

It has some glossy pics, some are full page. Its 64 pages.

I can provide some scans if you want. If you do, ask soon, I have to watch Munich and The New World tonight:)

conan69 said:
I got Fight The Cure last week when I got the junior novel. Its akiddie book, following the junior novel.

It has some glossy pics, some are full page. Its 64 pages.

I can provide some scans if you want. If you do, ask soon, I have to watch Munich and The New World tonight:)

o yes, scans would be great! :up:

Thanks Conan:up: Thats a new pic of Rogue i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"