X3 Box Office Tracker

Jan Irisi said:
The question I have is....would it be more prudent to keep any future "sequels" smaller in scale? What I mean is, would it be smarter to keep the cast smaller and not spend a gazzilion dollars on it?

If I were in their shoes (FOX's I mean), I would scale down the films and make them smaller adventures focusing on much smaller teams (or even solo films) rather than go the way of big budget blockbuster with a cast of thousands. That way the film will not make too big of a dent in their collective wallets and the risk would not be so great.

But that is just my opinion.

Well they are planning the whole "younger" X-Men thing who knows what the hell is going on with that.

Crosses fingers

DON'T BREAK DON'T BREAK DON'T BREAK DON'T BREAK.........

:D :(

Looks like X3's run at the box office in the USA is now over.With the dvd coming out next week i can understand why. Japan and China are the only remaining countries.

X-MEN:
THE LAST STAND

Domestic Total Gross: $234,362,462

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $234,362,462 51.6%
+ Foreign: $219,629,907 48.4%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $453,992,369
Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=x3.htm

RedIsNotBlue said:
Like he knows...lol. It wil happen we just don't know when. No studio will just drop a successful franchise. The only REAL question is whether the future sequel(s) will maintain the same, better, or worse quality.
:woot: Yeah I guessed that he might not have the exact release date to hand.

I'm just not as sure as I'd like to be that these actors will get another shot at X-Men (at least not from Fox and not in the next few years). The gap between (the unqualified success of) Terminator 2 and 3 has always made me question whether these 'dead certs' always get made within an acceptable timeframe. Logic doesn't seem to apply in every case especially with big budget films which, even with X3's numbers, are risky to studios.

Jan Irisi said:
The question I have is....would it be more prudent to keep any future "sequels" smaller in scale? What I mean is, would it be smarter to keep the cast smaller and not spend a gazzilion dollars on it?

If I were in their shoes (FOX's I mean), I would scale down the films and make them smaller adventures focusing on much smaller teams (or even solo films) rather than go the way of big budget blockbuster with a cast of thousands. That way the film will not make too big of a dent in their collective wallets and the risk would not be so great.

But that is just my opinion.

I think that's exactly what they want to do, rather than have the logistical nightmare of having to sign back so many actors to a sequel with an exploding budget.

That's why I think the the movie was still left open for a sequel, even though they plugged it as the *last* one. They don't want to close the door completely, just open it a little differently next time, and they've got plenty of room to do it.

is really patetic how they haven't spend so much in the movie, comparing other films and budgets, and haven't any intention of make the films better and bigger. is really patetic, and sad.

Angamb said:
is really patetic how they haven't spend so much in the movie, comparing other films and budgets, and haven't any intention of make the film better and bigger. is really patetic, and sad.
I think they've missed a trick. If the same effort and production standards had gone into these films as some other classic films (with no rushed timetables or slashed budgets for any of the 3 films), we would be dealing with one of the strongest film franchises (or so I think).

old and useless info, but i just got surprised that X4 ranked fourth in public and box office in Brazil...it made 11 million dollars with more than 3 million viewers...
imagemqq1.jpg

^^Thats a lot of dough.
Updated box office numbers...
X3 has now crossed 455 million and it looks like it it will hit 460 million worldwide in 1-2 weeks time.

X-MEN:
THE LAST STAND

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $234,362,462 51.4%
+ Foreign: $221,286,467 48.6%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $455,648,929

DAMN... thats sooooo much money.. how much did the movie officially cost to make?

spideyboy_1111 said:
DAMN... thats sooooo much money.. how much did the movie officially cost to make?
210 million according box office mojo. I'm not sure if that includes marketing though.

ya marketing cost alot.. prob nearly the price it cost to film... either way.. they still made an AMAZING profit

Looks like X3 will cross the 460 million mark by this time next week.

Updated box office figures.....

X-MEN:
THE LAST STAND

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $234,362,462 51.2%
+ Foreign: $223,649,355 48.8%

= Worldwide: $458,011,817

flavio_lebeau said:
old and useless info, but i just got surprised that X4 ranked fourth in public and box office in Brazil...it made 11 million dollars with more than 3 million viewers...
Yeah, great numbers! I just hope X3 will keep the fourth position, because it seems that the damned pirate movie is almost catching up with it! :cmad:

Loganbabe said:
Yeah, great numbers! I just hope X3 will keep the fourth position, because it seems that the damned pirate movie is almost catching up with it! :cmad:
Pirates is out of the top ten for weeks. No way it can reach our beloved cough cough (beloved? okay not so much) X3.

flavio_lebeau said:
Pirates is out of the top ten for weeks. No way it can reach our beloved cough cough (beloved? okay not so much) X3.
Okay, then! :word::up:
I knew X3 was going to be big here when my cousin, who hadn´t seen neither X1 nor X2 in the cinema, went to see X3. And all by herself, I didn´t have to drag her to the movies! :woot:

Retroman said:
210 million according box office mojo. I'm not sure if that includes marketing though.

Usually Box Office Mojo is right on with budgets but in this case I have to wonder. I think that is with marketing, because variety had said it was a 165 million production budget. So 210-165=45 so that seems like it could be the marketing budget for N.A. It would make sense if it's with marketing.

Loganbabe said:
Okay, then! :word::up:
I knew X3 was going to be big here when my cousin, who hadn´t seen neither X1 nor X2 in the cinema, went to see X3. And all by herself, I didn´t have to drag her to the movies! :woot:
wow thats nice. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"