• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

X3 Climax Was Inspired By Phoenix Endsong

Horhey

Sidekick
Reaction score
X3 haters like to bash Fox, Brett Ratner, Simon Kindberg, and Zack Penn becouse they had Wolverine kill Dark Phoenix but that scene was actually referenced from X-Men Phoenix Endsong written by Greg Pak.

Matter of fact, X3 has more scenes referenced from the comic than X1 and X2. Why do alot of X3 haters choose to ignore this?

phoenix13.jpg

phoenix14.jpg

It doesn't matter if some movie scenes were inspired by various comic books. If they choose to execute a story so poorly, comic inspired scenes don't really matter.

X3 haters like to bash Fox, Brett Ratner, Simon Kindberg, and Zack Penn becouse they had Wolverine kill Dark Phoenix but that scene was actually referenced from X-Men Phoenix Endsong written by Greg Pak.

Matter of fact, X3 has more scenes referenced from the comic than X1 and X2. Why do alot of X3 haters choose to ignore this?

X3 was full of comic references but it doesn't make the movie any better. It was crap. Period.

Hey, what issue is that from?

I judge X3 as a movie and not counting how many scenes were taken from comics. Sorry, but I think that's just dumb. I wouldn't start liking the movie simply because some scenes have panels from the comics, when the script, character development and overall story are terrible. And that's why X1 and X2 are so good, even though they have few comic moments, and X1 telling a totally new story.

Because they used the non-important references. The love triangle was already settled in X2 when Jean told Logan she has Scott. Even at the end, Logan told Scott that Jean chose him. There was no need to rehatch Logan's feelings for Jean, it was done and dealt with.

what happened at the end of the comic?? thats in #3....did jean die when he kept stabbing her like that?...No....How did she go away in that series??..... All the comic scene are only taken for Wolverine sake's....thats it.....no one else

X1 and X2 were smart enough to not take things from the comics and misinterpret and turn it backwards....

*snorts*

The scene in Endsong was great.

The one in the flick sounded like the delusional poorly-written romantic fantasy of a f****n Mary Sue.

*Not for them, for YOU.*

Right, huh huh. :whatever:

You've missed a few points, obviously. All of the above persons are bashed because X3 was rushed, and it painfully showed in the final product.

Edit. Nevermind. It's not even worth trying to debate this issue using this kind of logic. I'll get back to this later.

I think the "large number of comic book references" is a tactic that they use in order to justify why they love the film. Of course there's nothing wrong with them enjoying it, however, just because a film is filled with concepts that mirror the comics 100% doesn't make it a great film.

Batman Begins has a lot of comic book references, while it's a great film to me, it doesn't make it a great film to the next person.

While it appears Spider-Man 3 has A LOT of comic book references and animated series references there is no guarantee that it will be a masterpieces. All in all scenes from the comic book doesn't make a film an instant classic.

But in in Endsong Logan doesn't kill her. He weakens her and in the end she forces an unwilling Scott to kill her. She takes off his visor in wanting to see his eyes and she's practically embraced by his optic blasts.

Wanting what was in the original Uncanny X-Men Dark Phoenix Saga fails to take account of the fact that
1) Fox has a hard-on for Wolverine. (Even Jackman does!)
2) Singer and his creative team (writers, production designers) left
3) The actor playing Cyclops left

In an ideal world, we'd have seen Jean returning as 'good' Phoenix, doing something majestic/heroic with her power that gave her a cosmic thrill and perhaps inadvertently caused harm/injury to a large number of people (like the scene in UXM where she stops an attacking helicopter but kills everyone in it), wanting that sensation again, being counselled (and corrupted) by empathic Emma Frost, turning to darkness to seek that sensation, doing something devastatingly terrible (feeding on a nuclear power station? causing it to blow up, equivalent of the D'Bari sun incident), and eventually being tackled by the X-Men and somehow dying... That would have been a fair adaptation of the classic saga and avoided the more way-out elements (Mastermind's time-slip illusions, outerspace travel, consuming a sun, M'Krann crystal experience etc).

However, it's not an ideal world. Fox loves Wolverine (and Magneto too, it seems) and the writers felt the classic saga's far-out elements made it hard to adapt (though I've just given you a thematic adaptation rather than a literal adaptation, that skilfully avoids the crazier stuff, so it is possible). So they used elements of Endsong and Planet X instead, saying the more modern stories were better templates for movies (which is true, in fairness).

I prefer to see these various interpretations as just that - variations and interpretations. I'm just re-reading the Ultimate X-Men stories which have Beast being killed, Sinister being a musclebound, stammering assassin, Storm being an illegal Moroccan immigrant who tries to get it on with Wolverine, and so on. Just as Smallville is another 'take' on the Superman mythos (as was Lois & Clark), just as the earlier Batman movies varied in tone and creativity from one to the next, just as the various X-Men comicbook continuities vary, so it is with the movieworld. The movies themselves vary from the source (with varying degrees of disappointment for fans) and the third movie varies stylistically and conceptually from the previous two although picking up basic strands like Jean's return, Magneto's war, Wolverine finding a place for himself, the challenges of Iceman/Rogue's relationship, and Storm's insecurities and turmoils that have led to her hiding at that school for so long.

A new creative team was always going to join the dots between those strands in a different way to the previous creative team. Those of you worshipping Singer's 'vision' must realise that he is not alone in having a 'vision', an interpretation of things, a way that he does things which is fairly specific to him. When he left, his exact vision went with him and I think it was up to people like Arad, Winter and Shuler-Donner (who've been there from the beginning) to ensure the tone was totally consistent when a new creative team came in. But don't be so foolish as to believe that a new creative team is ever going to be an undetectable clone of the previous creative team. You want the impossible if you believe this.

I think overall everyone wanted a good film, and it just wasn't that.

*sigh* :whatever:
Thanks for posting it Horhey, it was a great scene indeed.
Altough in X3 it was a mix between that and the one in New X-Men # 148, when Logan has to kill a dying Jean. I also enjoyed the moment Magneto is floating over the destroyed bridge in X3, it was so much like the scene in "Planet X".

_BB_ said:
Hey, what issue is that from?
From "Phoenix - Endsong" #3.
This thread turned into another hate thread so fast that people didn´t even pay attention to your question, it seems... :whatever:

*checks calendar*

Yep, 2007.

Ok, carry on.

The Logan / Jean scene from "Planet X":

239526153.jpg

The scan quality is bad I know, but I just had it in my file and was too lazy to scan my own issue...

This thread turned into another hate thread so fast that people didn´t even pay attention to your question, it seems... :whatever:

Well, what'd you expect? :woot:

The question was: why do X-3 ignore the fact that it was a refence from the comics?

Answer : because it was in no relevant way whatsoever was a fitting/worthy tribute to those great scene. :woot:

Edit: Bring on da hate!!! :woot:

:whatever::whatever::whatever:...its funny because the thread starter was calling out the "haters"........

Gee, wonder why that is?

No thank you.
Certainly there are more productive things to do in life. :o

Logan worship in all shapes and forms? :woot:

I mean, come on, even YOU will find it in yourself that the scene in X-3 was a poor tribute to the original scene.

Wolvie being at the forefront of it should have no bearing whatsoever on whether it's good or not. :woot:

@Logan babe- No one forced you to come into this thread.

And the poster asked the haters a question, the haters answered, and I feel we've been quite civil about it. No one(as far as I can tell) hates comic book Logan at all.

We are just stating that the Logan in X3 was nothing like the Logan in the comics at all, and on top of that, the movie version of Logan is very overexposed in terms of his popularity and if you're a comic book fan you'll probably agree.

Movieverse Logan is the John Cena of the genre. Yeah, he's cool the first and second time, but eventually the act starts to wear thin on the fanbase and that core starts to turn on the product along with the character. Once again no one is bashing the comic book version of Logan, I like the comic book Logan, and find that the depictions in both X1/X2 are more faithful to Logan than X3 was.

Bottom line is the story shouldn't center around Logan. There's more to the X-Men than Logan.

I will say that I find it quite amusing that Logan babe will come into this thread and whine about the haters, when no one really did anything or said anything offensive. But that's just my perspective on the situation at hand.

Bah, she's not that bad.

Rather her than hardcore Storm fans because at least she doesn't keep reminding us why he's OMG roxor better than everyone else. That's me giving you props, Loganbabe. :woot:

It's just that anything that resembling Wolvie bashing really ticks her off. Even though we can keep pointing out said "bashing" only applies to one crappy incarnation of the character. Oh well. :woot:

Bah, she's not that bad.

Rather her than hardcore Storm fans because at least she doesn't keep reminding us why he's OMG roxor better than everyone else. That's me giving you props, Loganbabe. :woot:

It's just that anything that resembling Wolvie bashing really ticks her off. Even though we can keep pointing out said "bashing" only applies to one crappy incarnation of the character. Oh well. :woot:

No, she's not horrible. But who gets upset at the bashing of a fictional comic book character? Most fans get upset at the depiction of the character. Why get upset as if someone is insulting your family?

Oh well. I haven't really read posts from hardcore Storm fans though. :dry:

Should I be glad about that? :huh:

Oh well. I haven't really read posts from hardcore Storm fans though. :dry:

Should I be glad about that? :huh:

Dear god, yes.

To put it politely, the most hardcore of them don't just like her.

She's the rightful goddess queen of the universe. Everyone else sucks when compared to her. It's not an opinion, it's an established fact. Written in stone at the top of mount Olympus with thunder lighting up the sky and all that s**t. :woot:

Oh well, to each his/her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"