Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this guy, guessing all discussion is already happening in the Xbone thread

Specifications (according to wikipedia)

CPU: AMD Zen 2
Memory: GDDR6 SDRAM
Storage: NVMe SSD
Graphics card: AMD Radeon RDNA
Release date: Q4 2020

• 12 Teraflops
  • Custom RDNA 2 & Zen 2 Processor
  • Variable Rate Shading
  • Hardware Accelerated DirectX Raytracing
  • Custom Built SSD
  • Quick Resume for Multiple Games
  • Dynamic Latency Input HDMI 2.1
  • Auto Low Latency Mode
  • Variable Refresh Rate
  • 120 FPS Support

this thread should be merged with the other Xbox One Thread. given how sparse that thread is outside of myself, Iceman, and a few other posters, we really don't need a separate thread for the Series X.

there should just be one Xbox thread where we can all post and discuss anything Xbox related.

this thread should be merged with the other Xbox One Thread. given how sparse that thread is outside of myself, Iceman, and a few other posters, we really don't need a separate thread for the Series X.

there should just be one Xbox thread where we can all post and discuss anything Xbox related.
Instead of that how about renaming that thread the Series X thread and closing mine? The Sony section has a PlayStation 5 thread, that's why I created this one

Instead of that how about renaming that thread the Series X thread and closing mine? The Sony section has a PlayStation 5 thread, that's why I created this one
or just rename that other thread the Xbox Thread.

• 12 Teraflops
  • Custom RDNA 2 & Zen 2 Processor
  • Variable Rate Shading
  • Hardware Accelerated DirectX Raytracing
  • Custom Built SSD
  • Quick Resume for Multiple Games
  • Dynamic Latency Input HDMI 2.1
  • Auto Low Latency Mode
  • Variable Refresh Rate
  • 120 FPS Support

12 teraflops is beautiful! :word:

Btw welcome back @XtremelyBaneful :up:

or just rename that other thread the Xbox Thread.
That's kinda broad to me, we'd be talking about xcloud, gamepass, the consoles, and even the exclusive games all in one thread and other threads dedicated to that would miss out on those things being discussed.

the thread in the Sony section is the PlayStation 5 thread, not just simply the playstation thread. But I guess it could work. Who moderates these forums nowadays?
12 teraflops is beautiful! :word:

Btw welcome back @XtremelyBaneful :up:
Thank you iceman :cool:

It makes sense to have 1 but I don’t mind having 2 threads, with 1 focusing just on Series X and the other being all things Xbox. We just need to talk a lot more haha, and recruit others. I think interest willl rise as the new console gets closer to launch. You created the thread @XtremelyBaneful so you need to represent. :cwink:

For sure, for sure. Whenever I come across Series X serious stuff I'll post it here.

This video is madd long but will give you a lot of information if you're interested in the console. It's from DF:

Thanks for that. Will watch tonight after work.

Is there a new xbox one dashboard update? Just turned mine on and it's different

That and free upgraded game versions from xbo such as Cyberpunk are really top check marks for the series x..along with BC and gamepass.

I probably wouldn't use cloud streaming much but it's a nice option to have

That and free upgraded game versions from xbo such as Cyberpunk are really top check marks for the series x..along with BC and gamepass.

I probably wouldn't use cloud streaming much but it's a nice option to have
Free upgraded versions is very nice. BC is massive for me, one of the most important things. Gamepass will be a big deal for many too, I just have too much of a backlog to be able to make ideal use of it.

Nice!

And here's the post breaking down all the tech and specs.

Xbox Series X: A Closer Look at the Technology Powering the Next Generation - Xbox Wire

It's very impressive, and I'm pleased to see there will an internal storage expansion slot?

MS has delivered in terms of hardware and specs. Now, they need to shift focus to showcasing all the new games, especially exclusives that will make you want to go out and buy that impressive piece of hardware.

Meanwhile, it's now time for Sony to start showing their cards with the PS5. Their silence on the matter, while not too concerning, is starting to get a bit annoying. The longer they stay silent, the more it will give the impression that their console is not as impressive as the Series X.

and if that does indeed turn out to be the case, then kudos to MS. But they still need the games to go with it.

From the XBox twitter :D

looks like the Series X supports external hard drives, but only for last gen games. Next gen games will need to be run off the internal ssd or the proprietary ssd expansion slot.

Xbox Series X Will Use Proprietary SSD Expandable Storage Cards, but Only for Next-Gen Games - IGN

this is potentially the first "negative" for me. I liked the idea of having all my games stored and playable from a single portable external drive. And, if the ssd expansion is proprietary, that means it will probably be more expensive compared to a similar 3rd party brand.

it reminds of the 360s proprietary hard drives, which were more expensive than comparable off the shelf 3rd party drives.

Guess it depends on how much the ssd expansion will cost? Are we talking $100 for a 1TB expansion? Well, that would be an extra $100 on top of what's likely a $500 console.

I wonder if the PS5 will be doing something similar.

Digital Foundry vids breaking down all the new Series X info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"