Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

Can’t wait till Tuesday!!

Anyone else getting their xbox tommoro?? Had an email that I will be.
Awesome!! No, mine's due on Tuesday, although it could be a bit of a nightmare taking the delivery while working from home. There's a chance I might be forced to miss it.

Oh ****!! I was able to order a Series X directly from MS!! :woo::woo::woo:

Looks like I'll have to wait until mid-December to get it, but it seems like the order went through!

Fingers crossed! Guess this will be my XMAS present! ;)

Last edited:
Oh ****!! I was able to order a Series X directly from MS!! :woo::woo::woo:

Looks like I'll have to wait until mid-December to get it, but it seems like the order went through!

Fingers crossed! Guess this will be my XMAS present! ;)
Nice. Congrats!

I got mine from Microsoft too.

This thing is a beast! Just a huge solid block - I really like it.

dumb question time I was looking at accessories for the Series X/S and it looks like the rechargeable battery pack is the same as the One X/S other than the fact it comes with a USB C cable instead of a micro. has anybody who has a Series X/S tried using that battery pack (OEM not 3rd party). I would love to just plug my batt pack into my Series X and just get a 3rd party USB C cable (if the system does not come with one).

I got the new controller today. I love the texturized grips and triggers.

Rant -
Pre-ordered back in Sept (walmart.ca)
Update Oct 1 - Processed
No further updates
CC charged
The pickup location had a fire (people thought it would be cool ti set fire to toilet paper in a few Walmarts) basically totaled the location, need to re-do the entire inside.
Nov 10 nothing
Can't change pickup location
Called support - they can not change pickup location
Support says... it will show when it is in stock (WTF!!)
They say could ship today or in the next 2 days (but she did not know) Could be in a week, month, year..
And where will it ship? she could not really answer me that question either.. said they would probably change it when it ships.. but to where?

Never use Walmart again

Just like I will never pay to see a WB movie again.

Ok Rant over.. sorry just had to complain to someone, even if it is to people I do not know lol.

23 studios already. If they get up to 30 studios producing games and there is an average 3 year turnaround on production between them, it will mean 10 Xbox Studios games per year (nearly one a month lol). Even at average 4 years it would be 7/8 per year. Even if they buy noone and have an average 4 year turnaround it would still mean an average of 6 games per year. Can't wait for all these studios to start motoring from about 2022 onwards.

dumb question time I was looking at accessories for the Series X/S and it looks like the rechargeable battery pack is the same as the One X/S other than the fact it comes with a USB C cable instead of a micro. has anybody who has a Series X/S tried using that battery pack (OEM not 3rd party). I would love to just plug my batt pack into my Series X and just get a 3rd party USB C cable (if the system does not come with one).

Yes, it works. Any USB-C will work with it. I went and bought the cheapest I could find and no issues.

Son of a *****! A local walmart has them in stock, but they changed their 24 hour schedule to a limited schedule so I can't get one. No way in hell Im going to a store during the day when everyone else is there.

I’m really in love with the console design. I didn’t think much about it seeing it in pics and reveals but in real life it’s just a solid beast. I e never been one for standing consoles up either but I really like this one being a vertical design.

I’m really in love with the console design. I didn’t think much about it seeing it in pics and reveals but in real life it’s just a solid beast. I e never been one for standing consoles up either but I really like this one being a vertical design.
I had the chance to see a Series X demo (non-working) unit at my Best Buy the other day. My initial reaction was that it actually seemed smaller in person. Contrast that to the PS5 which is pretty darn big in person.

My dad, however, was less impressed with the Series X look. He said it was just a big, boring box. And I don't disagree with him on the Series X's nondescript visuals. My dad was, though, very impressed with the PS5 and thought it looked visually distinct and space-agey.

Can’t wait till Tuesday!!

whats good fam hope all is well covid wise with family haven't seen you in a min onG5

I'm waiting for consumer reviews before I commit to buying the new xbox

23 studios already. If they get up to 30 studios producing games and there is an average 3 year turnaround on production between them, it will mean 10 Xbox Studios games per year (nearly one a month lol). Even at average 4 years it would be 7/8 per year. Even if they buy noone and have an average 4 year turnaround it would still mean an average of 6 games per year. Can't wait for all these studios to start motoring from about 2022 onwards.
It's a shame that all of these studios weren't in a position to produce exclusive games for the launch of the Series X/S and for the near-future in 2021. Maybe there still will be games in 2021 besides Halo, but they have yet to announce anything.

It just feels like, for the past several years, besides saying "Wait till next year", we've been asking "When will these studios actually start outputting the big games?"

2022 and beyond should be amazing (hopefully) for Xbox exclusives. However, that doesn't do anything now to address the current drought.

It's a shame that all of these studios weren't in a position to produce exclusive games for the launch of the Series X/S and for the near-future in 2021. Maybe there still will be games in 2021 besides Halo, but they have yet to announce anything.

It just feels like, for the past several years, besides saying "Wait till next year", we've been asking "When will these studios actually start outputting the big games?"

2022 and beyond should be amazing (hopefully) for Xbox exclusives. However, that doesn't do anything now to address the current drought.
This is like growing trees. Even if you plant enough seeds to get your own rainforest, there still isn’t going to be anything too impressive after a couple of years. Trying to correct the exclusives issue has no quick fix. Many studios purchased are/were in the middle of other commitments and can’t even start on their next project. The problems stem from the Don Mattrick era and the future is the only thing that can get fixed. The present will be determined by events from too long ago and the Series X need to try stay afloat till all the studios pay dividends, while it battles with the burden of the Xbox One generation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"