• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

If they are to release all Gears of War games, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive to Playstation :ps: this year. I bet the energy would be a lot better.

I mentioned those, as those are the actual X-Box games I would pay for if I had a X-Box. :xbox:

If they are to release all Gears of War games, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive to Playstation :ps: this year. I bet the energy would be a lot better.

I mentioned those, as those are the actual X-Box games I would pay for if I had a X-Box. :xbox:
That wouldn’t help the studios that are shut and people who’ve lost their jobs, which is the reason people are upset at the situation.

That wouldn’t help the studios that are shut and people who’ve lost their jobs, which is the reason people are upset at the situation.
It wouldn't. But it would lessen the "what is going on with Xbox" energy these past few weeks.

It wouldn't. But it would lessen the "what is going on with Xbox" energy these past few weeks.
why would making even more Xbox games go multiplatform lessen the ongoing worrisome energy? the fact that four games were already ported to other platforms made the Xbox community worried about their future. so if anything, porting more would just make them feel worse

why would making even more Xbox games go multiplatform lessen the ongoing worrisome energy? the fact that four games were already ported to other platforms made the Xbox community worried about their future. so if anything, porting more would just make them feel worse
Those games coming to PlayStation would generate more sales for Microsoft. We already know Xbox games are coming to PlayStation so its really inevitable at this point, its just matter of when will the other games be ported. Xbox is struggling and there's simply no coming back from that.

By announcing Gears of War coming to PlayStation this year, they could lessen the negative press that Xbox is collapsing/closing companies/firing people. The attention would be directed to more Xbox games coming to Playstation, which will generate money anyway.

Those games coming to PlayStation would generate more sales for Microsoft. We already know Xbox games are coming to PlayStation so its really inevitable at this point, its just matter of when will the other games be ported. Xbox is struggling and there's simply no coming back from that.

By announcing Gears of War coming to PlayStation this year, they could lessen the negative press that Xbox is collapsing/closing companies/firing people. The attention would be directed to more Xbox games coming to Playstation, which will generate money anyway.
yes obviously Microsoft will make more money by porting more games to Ps5 & Switch/eventual Switch 2, but doing so is definitely not going to lessen the negative press of Xbox collapsing. it's going to do the opposite. the fact that Xbox games went multiplatform was part of the sentiment that Xbox is collapsing.

yes obviously Microsoft will make more money by porting more games to Ps5 & Switch/eventual Switch 2, but doing is definitely not going to lessen the negative press of Xbox collapsing. it's going to do the opposite. the fact that Xbox games went multiplatform was part of the sentiment that Xbox is collapsing.
Who really cares though when PlayStation players finally get to experience those big Xbox games. Also its more money for Microsoft. Might as well jump into it now rather than later.

Who really cares though when PlayStation players finally get to experience those big Xbox games.
this sounds extremely insensitive and selfish. to answer your question, it is the Xbox players who care.
Also its more money for Microsoft.
yeah we established that Microsoft would obviously make more money if they made more of their games multiplatform, but you were not talking about them making more money. we were talking about lessening the "what's going on with Xbox" energy. and my point to you, is that making more Xbox games multiplatform wouldn't lessen that energy.

Microsoft isn't gonna care about its Xbox loyal players when they get a noticeable amount of money/revenue from Ps ports. Just like how Playstation didn't care when Ps owners complained about those PC ports that are still happening...

You have been talking about the state of Xbox in several threads, and you know that its a declining brand. I'm not being insensitive and selfish. I'm just telling how it is. And I'm telling you, the sooner they release Ps ports for their biggest Xbox console exclusives, the more chances they would get more money/renevue, which in the process, could maybe prevent more lay offs.

I'm not suggesting Ps ports to further kill the Xbox brand for your information, especially Ps ports are inevitable anyway.

we were talking about lessening the "what's going on with Xbox" energy. and my point to you, is that making more Xbox games multiplatform wouldn't lessen that energy.
Well that is true.

Don't you think if Gears of Wars, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break are ported to PlayStation, that people like me would finally get to experience those games without owning a Xbox... it could be a positive thing. Positive thing for ps players that would enjoy those games and positive thing for Microsoft if they sell.

Its only a negative thing for those who don't want those games in PlayStation.

this sounds extremely insensitive and selfish. to answer your question, it is the Xbox players who care.

yeah we established that Microsoft would obviously make more money if they made more of their games multiplatform, but you were not talking about them making more money. we were talking about lessening the "what's going on with Xbox" energy. and my point to you, is that making more Xbox games multiplatform wouldn't lessen that energy.
Being "brand loyal" to a billion dollar corporation is ridiculous especially when the games in question have PC ports.

Yeah, Microsoft already hurt the Xbox brand years ago when they released those games for PC. They've already confirmed Xbox games are coming to PlayStation, so might as well announce more and release them asap. Starfield should be ported to PlayStation 5 as well.

Not to sound like a broken record, but Microsoft has been deliberately phasing themselves out of the hardware space since the Play Anywhere initiative began. The only major change has been the phasing out of physical media across all entertainment which lead to their focus of being the Netflix of gaming. Sony is phasing themselves out too with pc ports but they’re at least smart enough to not do simultaneous day one releases in most cases. They’re not gonna get me to buy a PlayStation again, but they at least get those fomo sales.

Is there an actual source to back this up because I can't find anything. Places have been reporting a lack of subscriber growth over the last two years.
Nah, not that I know of. I guess that guy himself is the source. But then again, anyone can get a check mark on Twitter nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"