You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 10

I can't believe you guys even read the DC Cinematic subreddit. Why do that to yourself? Lol, then again I'll read The_Donald for a good laugh occasionally, so I suppose I get it...

The re-release is cool news, but not enough for me. Need dat IMAX re-release.
I don't go there, I love reading quotes from there brought here.

Speaking of the films, one of the reasons I loathe this new set of films is how Batman is made out to be a psychopath. It prevents me from being emotionally invested in the character, the whole reason Batman was enjoyable in the Animated Series and TDK Trilogy was how human he was. That’s not even mentioning that this Batman is now the opposite of rational.

I’m sure it has been said over and over again, but good god. I understand that this variant of Batman is inspired by TDKR, but it’s not a canon story nor is it a good example of his character.

"I don' need to recognize the world, I just need to save it"

He is not a psychopath! He just has no empathy for criminals!! They all deserve to be killed because of societal effects beyond their control!!!! You just don't get it!!!!!

Speaking of the films, one of the reasons I loathe this new set of films is how Batman is made out to be a psychopath. It prevents me from being emotionally invested in the character, the whole reason Batman was enjoyable in the Animated Series and TDK Trilogy was how human he was. That’s not even mentioning that this Batman is now the opposite of rational.

I’m sure it has been said over and over again, but good god. I understand that this variant of Batman is inspired by TDKR, but it’s not a canon story nor is it a good example of his character.

Goddamn, all of this.

The fact that he’s played by Ben Affleck, who’s uninspiring all around as an actor himself doesn’t help. I mean, he was solid, sure, but...at the end of the day, a pretty horrible take on the character.

And then you got the other fanboys who consider that because of a single Arkham-reminiscent fight scene and the costume he wears, he’s the best version of on-film Batman so far because he’s the closest to the comics. Funny thing is, they’re wrong on both accounts.

Ledger was voted top Best Supporting Actor Oscar winner of 2000s on Gold Derby.

http://www.goldderby.com/article/20...ght-best-supporting-actor-oscar-winners-news/

Heath Ledger has been voted your favorite Best Supporting Actor winner of the 2000s for his iconic portrayal of The Joker in “The Dark Knight” (2008). The late actor handily won our recent poll asking you to vote for your preferred Supporting Actor of the decade, proving that his performance was no laughing matter.

Ledger won with a whopping 54% of the vote, handily beating his nine competitors. Christoph Waltz came in second for his performance as Hans Landa in “Inglourious Basterds” with 18% of the vote followed by Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh in “No Country for Old Men” at 16%. It’s clear that Gold Derby readers preferred those final three performances of the decade, as the next highest vote-getter was Morgan Freeman as Eddie “Scrap-Iron” Dupris in “Million Dollar Baby” at just 4%. Jim Broadbent as John Bayley in “Iris” rounded out the top five at 3%.

Chris Cooper as John Laroche in “Adaptation” was next at 2%, followed by a three-way tie of Alan Arkin as Edwin Hoover in “Little Miss Sunshine,” George Clooney as Bob Barnes in “Syriana” and Tim Robbins as Dave Boyle in “Mystic River” at 1%. Benicio del Toro as Javier Rodriguez in “Traffic” was the only actor to not earn a single percentage point.

I would push back against calling Batman psychotic in DKR. He's definitely troubled and haunted in a way that was (and still kind of is) unique among other incarnations, but he was still heroic in a way Snyder's Batman was not. He didn't kill people. Since that book there's been a greater emphasis placed on the character's fractured psyche and darkness, but it wasn't really the fault of DKR. It was people (DC executives) learning the wrong lessons from it, just as WB learned the wrong lessons from TDKT.

Hey Joker; I think I'm going to say I share your opinion when it comes to the two George Lucas franchises about one being a delight while the other one does not click with me.

Interesting thesis on the filmmaking of Snyder...
The idea is to get under cinema’s skin in ways the written word can’t quite manage: to unpick trends, to decode images, to prise open directors’ toolboxes and rummage through their spanners.

First up is Zack Snyder, the director who - love him or loathe him - has left his unmistakable stylistic mark on every comic book movie made today.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/robbie-collin-zack-snyder-director-turned-superheroes-gods/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

IqxtZmq.jpg

Empire Magazine greatest movie villains list (poll results)

061v0DZ.png

Empire villains cover

empire-march.jpg

Kylo Ren over Anton Chigurh? A lot of stable geniuses voting in there.

There should be (and probably is in terms of vote numbers) a big gap between 2 and 3.

I wouldn't have Loki that high and Kylo Ren shouldn't make anywhere near the top 20.

It's a shame Ledger has completely overshadowed Jack. He deserves recognition.

Oh I still love Jack... I think he's become more appreciated after Leto.

Nice to see Michael Myers make the top 20. He's far scarier than Freddy ever was in my view. My boy Joker scoring the number 2 spot :up:

Nice to see Michael Myers make the top 20. He's far scarier than Freddy ever was in my view. My boy Joker scoring the number 2 spot :up:

I agree, especially when it comes to the first film. They should have added Leatherface or Dracula to that list.

I wouldn't have Loki that high and Kylo Ren shouldn't make anywhere near the top 20.

Agreed. Kylo Ren is more childish than intimidating or threatening, imo. And Snoke saw that. [BLACKOUT]The scene where Snoke belittles Ren in TLJ is a good example why Ren was weak villain.[/BLACKOUT]

Agent Smith and The Joker made it, but I also wrote the first Terminator, Clarence J. Boddicker, Bill (from Kill Bill).

T-1000 made the list and the original T-800 didn't? Thanks, T2. :(

Congrats to Chris Nolan on dat Oscar nomination. Well-deserved and long overdue.

Kylo Ren over Anton Chigurh? A lot of stable geniuses voting in there.
It happens when the more popular movies take dominance influencing voting, compare the number of people who saw and admired No Country for Old Men to the number of people who saw and admired The Force Awakens, and then consider that against a possible figure of people who care for the older movie with an interesting and disturbing villain voted in this against the number of people who voted for the man child unaware of the existence of the more interesting villain.
It's an unbalanced scale, though there is something to be said about how impressive it is for Anton Chigurh to enter the list as high as he did.

I agree with both, and I think Simon Gruber is more interesting than his brother Hans, regardless of how idiotic it feels when you think that he brought attention to himself and his operations by messing around with McClain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"