The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
the-dark-knight-rises-stills-batman-christian-bale-close-up.jpg

I always loved how they made sure he had a glint in his eye... the ones that come to mind are when he approaches Gordon and Ramirez to retrieve the shattered bullet, and when he's telling Dent he's going to turn himself in.

EDIT: Behold this new thread I have created.

It's a testament to how good Bale was in the role, because Batman is just riding the bat-pod during his first scene in the TDKR, but it's the aura and weight the actor brings to the character that makes it work. You really feel the importance of Batman's return in that scene.

It's a testament to how good Bale was in the role, because Batman is just riding the bat-pod during his first scene in the TDKR, but it's the aura and weight the actor brings to the character that makes it work. You really feel the importance of Batman's return in that scene.

the chase should have been longer... one of my favorite shows of the entire trilogy is 50 cop cars chasing batman

I love that first half of Rises, up until Bane breaks Batman. Some top scenes to be had. The pit climb is awesome too, and the ending with The Bat.

One thing I noticed about Christopher Nolan's action movies:
He loves to have a tunnel in them.

Yes, when all the cop cars are surrounding him and the music is swelling and he just stares them down on his Bat-Pod? More epic than any ultra violent and choreographed scene from Snyder. There is a sense that the world had just turned upside down all over again.

I love that first half of Rises, up until Bane breaks Batman. Some top scenes to be had. The pit climb is awesome too, and the ending with The Bat.

We've always shared the same love for Rises' first act. I'd go a bit farther though. Everything up until Bane's speech at Blackgate was solid as hell for me.

Speaking of TDKR, has anyone seen this guys video on how he would have made the film?

[YT]uXc_khl8Ls4[/YT]

[YT]7xkkp4VTR7M[/YT]

Some ideas I like, an obvious one being Bruce is still Batman at the start of the film. But he has a lot of duds. Like Bruce being drunk from the party when he goes to fight Bane and Selina becoming Batwoman at the end of the film.

Wayne Manor already burnt. Batwoman? Drunken Batman? Bruce acting like a complete a-hole to Alfred and everyone? Meh, sounds like Affleck's version.

What do Robin and Bruce learn down there? I don't mind the way it started, with Batman in Africa checking out Bane. I like the "Blake and Bruce bonding".

Cheesy computer password and message from Selina. 30 cops know who Batman is? Not sure about that.

The pit scene where Bruce makes the jump, is way better than what he suggested. Batman actually dies after all of that? What a depressing movie.

I loved Rises, and if i was forced to change it completely just for fun, i could come up with something better.

You can't not have the climb in the film. It's like the crux of the film and beyond integral to Bruce's arc.

Y'know, for all our talk on how Batfleck would at least be more intelligent than Nolan's, even that never came true.

Sure, he makes his own suit and gadgets, showing he's more book smart. But as far as detective and tactical work goes, he's arguably way below Nolan's Batman. That's not even counting the irrational leaps in logic he makes throughout the film.

Even the science stuff he does was still more underplayed in BvS than in the Nolan films. When Bruce, for example, made the sonar thing happen in TDK, the narrative emphasized it as a big deal that he could do such thing. Whereas when BvS Bruce makes a suit to keep up with Superman, the film acts very casual about it.

He's closer to what we associate to be "comic book Batman" only in looks and physical feats. Imagine that.

Last edited:
When Bruce, for example, made the sonar thing happen in TDK, the narrative emphasized it as a big deal that he could do such thing.

Same when he got the autopilot working on The Bat in TDKR.

Y'know, for all our talk on how Batfleck would at least be more intelligent than Nolan's, even that never came true.

Sure, he makes his own suit and gadgets, showing he's more book smart. But as far as detective and tactical work goes, he's arguably way below Nolan's Batman. That's not even counting the irrational leaps in logic he makes throughout the film.

Even the science stuff he does was still more underplayed in BvS than in the Nolan films. When Bruce, for example, made the sonar thing happen in TDK, the narrative emphasized it as a big deal that he could do such thing. Whereas when BvS Bruce makes a suit to keep up with Superman, the film acts very casual about it.

He's closer to what we associate to be "comic book Batman" only in looks and physical feats. Imagine that.
Or did Alfred make it for him? I can't even remember. This movie melts brain cells.

I remember the days when we all thought he would be "BatGod". Which now, would make sense and i'd be OK with it, since it's Justice League. He's barely "Batman".

Unfortunately that's all it takes to fool people
I don't think David Ayer would let him be dumb if he had a chance to write a lot of scenes for the character. But since it's probably just a handful of Bat scenes and maybe 1 Wayne scene at Wayne Enterprises or something (just assuming)..i wouldn't be surprised if he's just in action. In the shadows. Locking people up. Confrontations.

We'll probably have to wait until Justice League to see if this character can really use his mind. That's the movie where they can show what he's capable of. That's his super-power, in that team.

It's Terrio and Snyder though. :hehe:

We all know Batman was pretty useless in the Trinity battle. Can't wait for him in JL. I thought most people (Shikamaru included) wanted a different Batman than Bale because he would need to be smarter, more physical. Lmao, he's not even on the level in this latest "masterpiece".

JUSTICE league? How does this Batman represent "justice" going into a movie with that title? He's the leader? Does he come up with the name too? I think it's time we make some suggestions for a new NAME for this lineup.

I bet the name comes from Lex Luthor. Just like their logos.

I don't think David Ayer would let him be dumb if he had a chance to write a lot of scenes for the character. But since it's probably just a handful of Bat scenes and maybe 1 Wayne scene at Wayne Enterprises or something (just assuming)..i wouldn't be surprised if he's just in action. In the shadows. Locking people up. Confrontations.

We'll probably have to wait until Justice League to see if this character can really use his mind. That's the movie where they can show what he's capable of. That's his super-power, in that team.

It's Terrio and Snyder though. :hehe:

We all know Batman was pretty useless in the Trinity battle. Can't wait for him in JL. I thought most people (Shikamaru included) wanted a different Batman than Bale because he would need to be smarter, more physical. Lmao, he's not even on the level in this latest "masterpiece".

JUSTICE league? How does this Batman represent "justice" going into a movie with that title? He's the leader? Does he come up with the name too? I think it's time we make some suggestions for a new NAME for this lineup.

Extreme Justice.

To be fair, you could argue that them underselling the mech-suit served to play up his Bat-godness in a "yup, just another day in the life of..." kind of way. On the other hand, Alfred was shown to be working on the suit so it's not like Bruce did it all himself.

I thought the bit in the montage with Bruce making the kryptonite grenades was pretty cool.

But overall, I agree. It was pretty much on the level of what we saw with Bale's Bruce, who I always argued was a lot smarter than he ever got credit for.

Do you guys ever wanna see the white eyes on cinematic Batman?

tumblr_o5u8fvTZjg1tf70vho1_540.gif

But overall, I agree. It was pretty much on the level of what we saw with Bale's Bruce, who I always argued was a lot smarter than he ever got credit for.

Bale's Bruce was smarter. He does legitimate detective work in each film and actually gets stuff done. Batfleck does some detecting to track down the "White Portuguese" but it ends up being a big dead that plays into Luthor's scheme... somehow.

Do you guys ever wanna see the white eyes on cinematic Batman?

tumblr_o5u8fvTZjg1tf70vho1_540.gif

Deadpool had a lot of recent success with the white eyes, and soon too will Spider-Man and Black Panther. So who knows, maybe one day it won't be that big of a stretch.

Spider-mans annoyed me in the CW trailer. deadpool was fine... but spidermans looks terrible.

To be fair, you could argue that them underselling the mech-suit served to play up his Bat-godness in a "yup, just another day in the life of..." kind of way. On the other hand, Alfred was shown to be working on the suit so it's not like Bruce did it all himself.

I thought the bit in the montage with Bruce making the kryptonite grenades was pretty cool.

I felt if that was true, it would still be emohasized, just in a different way. Nolan himself had a "just another day in the life of..." kind of scenario when Bruce came off as so casual to Lucius' suspicions about Lau. Even him getting back into Gotham would be a better example. I don't think it's something Snyder genuinely thought of.

As for Bale, it's not so much that he wasn't smart but that his intellect wasn't as emphasized as some fans are used to seeing, so it creates the illusion that he wasn't that smart (ironically, Nolan's Batman is still smarter than some of comic book versions, like the one in Batman: Hush for example)..

Spider-mans annoyed me in the CW trailer. deadpool was fine... but spidermans looks terrible.
I actually thought it looked really cool. But it's different so i can see where you're coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"