The Dark Knight Rises You Have My Permission To Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Goblin

Crawling on walls
Reaction score
We've talked about it... Here it is people the lounge. TDKR discussion can take place in the general discussion but here we can talk about the stuff that matters.

Ask the mods close other thread Goblin.

Anyway new X-Men film was awesome, gotta see it again

Why close it? That's a classic thread. We'll always talk about the movie. But for what we were discussing, here is perfect.

Ask the mods close other thread Goblin.

Anyway new X-Men film was awesome, gotta see it again
I need to see it again too. My gripes were not explaining Xavier's return, Trask being a black guy when in X3 he's white. Not sure how I feel about the changes to the continuity too. Theres lots in it like Spidey so to properly judge will require a second viewing.
Why close it? That's a classic thread. We'll always talk about the movie. But for what we were discussing, here is perfect.
Since TDK and BB threads are largely inactive and now with the franchise moving on, I think it would be good if we made a The Dark Knight Trilogy section. We could have threads for each movie or one big one just like with Raimi Spider-Man.

What sports do you guys like? Any interests outside batman?

Interests or OBSESSIONS outside of batman?

Cinema, certain directors/tv shows. I grew up as a huge basketball, hockey and baseball fan. Barely keep track of it nowadays but i still go to games once in a blue moon. It's playoff season in hockey right now so im supporting my home-team, the Habs.

Rabid music fan. Drummer. Listen to every genre i can think of but still very picky about the artists. Heh you guys can probably tell by how much i put the emphasis on "originality", same goes for music too. Old school hip-hop, progressive music, various metal, funk/soul, old school reggae/dub, psychedelic rock, 80s pop & new-wave, electronic...god damn everything.

Actually gonna start some new music with my longtime buddy very soon. Should be diverse. Anybody else in a band?

Im probably one of the biggest wrestling fans in this city. Mainly WWF 1988-ish to early 2001.....since the wrasslin' business has gone to s**t since Vince McMahon bought out his entire competition, then changed it to "WWE". F**ckin joke now (unless you're a hater, then it's always been a joke :) )

Starting to get interested in art as well. More surreal stuff.

That's my list of obsessions outside of the goddamn Batman. What's yours hypesters?

Last edited:
Haha, shauner I feel like we're so much alike.

I'm a music guy and musician myself...guitarist. Pretty big into metal and hard rock, but I listen to everything. Lately I've been getting into listening and playing 8 string djent stuff like Periphery and Animals as Leaders. I like it heavy with some groove, please. \m/

I love rock from all eras though, I just have my phases where I get a little more metal-y, and I'm in one of those now heh. I'm always writing and recording stuff with my friend too, but we're not in a band. Just a serious passion/hobby. Mostly rock, but also orchestral too. Working on film scores is a dream of mine. In my sig I have a link to an orchestral/metal tribute medley to Zimmer's Batman that I recorded a while back. The mix isn't as polished as it could be, but I was getting overloaded with projects and wasn't sure when I'd get around to doing a better mix.

I'm also into filmmaking. I had stopped working on all personal film projects for a while, but I'm just getting back into it. Funny story, my friends and I started making a movie back in 2006 when we were in college. Long story short, it was way overambitious and we kept shooting up until 2009 but it never got finished. But this year we decided it finally was time to finish the damn thing, so over the course of a few weekends this year we finally wrapped production. Now it's on me to edit/score/mix, which might take a few months. It's a completely absurd and ridiculous Ninja movie, and none of my friends are real actors but it was just something that we bonded over and got really passionate about, so I wanted to see it through. Life just got in the way for a while there. The hilarious thing about the finished movie will be seeing footage of them 8 years ago intercut with footage from now. But yeah, once I finish that I'm looking to write/direct more shorts. Filmmaking can be a huge pain in the ass to do on your own with no budget, but it's also great fun if you surround yourself with the right people. I live for my hobbies.

shauner...we should talk rastlin' some time. And it's so weird, I grew up a huge baseball, basketball and hockey fan too. I still follow baseball and I too fell off the hockey bandwagon, but am back on it now because....LET'S GO RANGERS!!! So there, we found our one key difference. :oldrazz:

I use to be a huge wrestling fan, mostly during the same time period as Shauner. One of my idols and favorite wrestler of all time is Mick Foley. I remember going halfers with a friend of mine back in grade 8 to watch Royal Rumble 2000. Main event Cactus Jack vs Triple H. Oh how I hated Hemlsey during his peak time as a heel. Good times!

I'm also into music too, lol. Started on drums but pretty much sucked, although what it really came down to was me really wanting a guitar. So I soon got one in 2003 and haven't really looked back. Big 90's Alt-Rock fan, but I also appreciate a little bit of everything.

Obviously I'm a big fan of film. So that goes without saying. I grew up on Football as a kid and became a big fan of Mixed Martial Arts after I became bored of professional wrestling in 2009.

I guess this lounge has some use after all, lol.

So... I just started watching Breaking Bad. :o Yes, I know, I know... I'm terribly late to the party. :funny: So far, so good.

So... I just started watching Breaking Bad. :o Yes, I know, I know... I'm terribly late to the party. :funny: So far, so good.

Geez, I'm beyond late too. I'm gonna buy the box set after I watch the first season of True Detective. I pre-ordered it so it should be coming in a little less than two weeks.

Geez, I'm beyond late too. I'm gonna buy the box set after I watch the first season of True Detective. I pre-ordered it so it should be coming in a little less than two weeks.

:highfive:

@JackWhite...oddly enough, I was at Royal Rumble 2000 at MSG (also was in grade 8 at the time). I actually got on TV too, there's a point during the Rumble where after getting eliminated, Bob Backlund exits through the crowd. I'm the skinny kid in the Austin 3:16 shirt patting him on the back, lol. That Cactus vs. HHH match was brutal, will never forget it.

I actually work for WWE now...life is pretty weird, eh? Full circle, Gary Oldman style. :woot:

Nooooo f'n way! No joke, yesterday i was watching the 2000 Rumble PPV all the way through. I have to watch that moment again!

I was thinking the whole time, jesus, i remember this all too well but damnit this is the most old school ECW-esque ppv WWF ever had back then. Tazz's debut, the Dudleys, table matches, streetfights with barbed wire and tacks. They went all out.

You work for.....what did you just say...?

When you finnish your film will you upload it to the internet or is it just for private viewing?

We may try to get into a festival or two with it. So we'll see how that goes, no idea what our chances are since a lot of the earlier stuff we shot is very amateur compared to the stuff we shot this year. I think there are rules about posting it online before it premieres at a festival though, so we'll see how that goes...eventually we'll put it out there. It's going to be like 45 minutes long though so I'm not expecting random people to invest that much of their time on a weird as hell amateur film. It's more of a personal thing that I'm finishing it, but the more eyes we can get on it the better. :woot:

You work for.....what did you just say...?
znlbjb.jpg

Yup, haha. Just started. Working on content for the Network.

We may try to get into a festival or two with it. So we'll see how that goes, no idea what our chances are since a lot of the earlier stuff we shot is very amateur compared to the stuff we shot this year. I think there are rules about posting it online before it premieres at a festival though, so we'll see how that goes...eventually we'll put it out there. It's going to be like 45 minutes long though so I'm not expecting random people to invest that much of their time on a weird as hell amateur film. It's more of a personal thing that I'm finishing it, but the more eyes we can get on it the better. :woot:

znlbjb.jpg

Yup, haha. Just started. Working on content for the Network.

It will be a big hit. Soon WB will be begging you to direct solo Batman films ;)

That's beyond awesome that you work for WWE, Batlobster. I will definitely have to rewatch RR 2000 to see your cameo :cwink:.

I just started Lost on Netflix. Talk about late...:oldrazz:

About time!

which episode are you on?

I totally died at the part where Walter distracted Hank and his guys during the operation. :lmao:

lol yeah

Also, Badger getting caught in the beginning was classic stuff.

What sports do you guys like? Any interests outside batman?

I love sports can get enough. I know more about sports then like 70% of people and I love video games. Nba is my favorite sport but NFL is a close second then hockey and then Baseball. My teams are lakers, packers, sharks, gaints. Some of my favorite games are Zelda, mlb the show old tony hawk games, Donkey con country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"