You know a movie is going to be terrible when ...

Double Down

A New Kind of Thrill
Reaction score
What are the thing that make you realize a movie is going to be abysmal?

Here's one for me:

You know a movie is going to be terrible when ...

all of the statements of praise in a commercial turn out to be by the same guy - and he writes for some web site you have never heard of.

When it's related to anime. *Looks at Dragon Ball Z*

When it's directed by Brett Ratner.

When Paul Walker is cast.

When Hayden Christensson is cast.

When Paul W.S. Anderson is attached.

If it is a remake of a classic.

If its an action movie with Nic Cage.

When a rapper stars as the lead role (some exceptions).

If it says "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

If the movie trailer at one point says "From produce Michael Bay"

...when you get to the end of the trailer and don't know what the hell you just saw.

When the main actor co-stars with him/herself.

When it stars a ****in' redneck (Larry the Cable Guy, for instance...)

When Richard Roeper says its a good movie lol seriously.

You know a movie is gonna be bad when the fox logo comes on after. To the exception of the Wolverine trailer.

The sad thing is fox was up there with the elete moviemakers. For years it had been WB/Fox and paramount with the big films. Except for New Lines LOTR.

When it's related to anime. *Looks at Dragon Ball Z*

Haha, before I read your post I was about to respond to the original post with "it has Dragonball in the title" That movie is going to be HORRIBLE. Hard to believe I was actually following it for a while there.

When it has the word Movie in the title.

I was going to say that until I remembered Superman: The Movie.

Reeve.jpg

Haha, before I read your post I was about to respond to the original post with "it has Dragonball in the title" That movie is going to be HORRIBLE. Hard to believe I was actually following it for a while there.

I don't blame you for leaving the DB forums. It's gotten even worse now. :o

The director tries to be edgy by adding a prostitute?

Example?

Ok, it's more of a joke between my friends but I always think it is hilarious when a director tries to make his film dark and edgy by adding characters like prostitutes. For example, Running Scared(2006). It tries to be way too edgy by having a boy run into prostitutes with a heart of gold (another cliche I hate) and pimps and child molesters. It's not those people don't exist but it just seems a little riduculous when filmmakers add it just to be controversial.

Comedies have a tendency to put their best jokes in the trailers to get people to go thinking that the entire film is that funny. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But if the trailer is abysmal, the movie almost certainly is.

Also, any time you hear of a film being pushed back because they have to do massive reshoots, you are looking at a disaster.

If Will Ferrell is in it. :down

You know a movie is going to be horrible when Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are attached as writers.

The *****es that made the "___________ Movies"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"