You Know Nothing Jon Snow

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
The Official Jon Snow Thread

Z4R106G.jpg

One of my favorite characters, partly because I still feel I can root for him.

I feel like Jon Snow and Arya are the only ones left standing after the whole thing is over.

I feel like Jon Snow and Arya are the only ones left standing after the whole thing is over.

I could see that. Jon Snow [BLACKOUT]has a pretty huge destiny before him, and hell, the series is basically named after that destiny. Assuming things play out the way everyone's expects them to.[/BLACKOUT] But Arya is more of a question mark. She has an interesting storyline ahead of her, since I really can't even imagine an ending to her story at the moment. There are so many possibilities with her.

Edit - I don't know what to do with the blackouts or spoilers with the new forum. I'm assuming that since this is still a TV section, anything from the books not yet covered on the show must be hidden. Either way, better safe than sorry.

I hope Jon Snow and Arya make it through...as well as Bran from the Stark clan.

Sansa's learning to play the game. I think Bran is going to become one with nature. Not as a wight or a white walker, but I believe he's going to become like the Three Eyed Raven.

Anyway, back on topic: I didn't find Jon Snow's plotline interesting until book three when he was with the wildlings, which is pretty much how I feel about him on the show. I don't think Kit Harington really brought much to the role until midway through season three. I always found him somewhat likable, but this was his best season by far.

He also seemed to really step his sword training up a notch. The Battle of Castle Black = :atp:

Maybe. I feel like Arya may have a tragic storyline though. As she gets darker and darker in her characterization I wonder if hers isn't a "this is how a good, innocent person goes bad" sort of arc...

Arya's on a revenge plot...and every revenge plot I've read tends to end with the protagonist dead with a blade in their hand, or going on down a darker and darker road long after their initial goal is settled.

Kit was amazing in Episode Nine. I really hope he can hold his own in future scenes with Stannis and Mance.

Arya's on a revenge plot...and every revenge plot I've read tends to end with the protagonist dead with a blade in their hand, or going on down a darker and darker road long after their initial goal is settled.

Kit was amazing in Episode Nine. I really hope he can hold his own in future scenes with Stannis and Mance.

The snippet of interaction between Stannis and Jon in episode 10 was so good. Stephen Dillane emotes so much with his eyes, it's crazy. Darting back and forth like a crazy person, while the rest of him remains calm as still water.

Yeah, that scene left me eager for more interaction between the two of them. And its good to see a Stark (sort of) and a Baratheon together again.

I really hope we get that scene from ADWD between Jon, Janos Slynt and Stannis.

I like John Snow but will love they guy if he joins Stannis and Davos

I think Jon will do well next to Stannis, Mance and Davos. I see them all coming together to take the North back from Roose and Ramsey Bolton and House Frey.

I like John Snow but will love they guy if he joins Stannis and Davos

I think he will have no choice...especially if they all plan to do battle either North or South of the Wall versus the Dead Army (North) or the Boltons/House Frey (South)?

The snippet of interaction between Stannis and Jon in episode 10 was so good. Stephen Dillane emotes so much with his eyes, it's crazy. Darting back and forth like a crazy person, while the rest of him remains calm as still water.

Agreed. The interactions/scene with Jon, Stannis, Mance and Davos was good stuff!

I really hope we get that scene from ADWD between Jon, Janos Slynt and Stannis.

If only so we can see Stannis doing this...

ZGrNGWf.gif

...while Slynt [blackout]gets his head lopped off.[/blackout]

Jon Snow is still my favorite character, has been from day one. I don't know why there seems to be this stupid internet hate campaign against Kit Harrington... I haven't gotten the whole way through the books yet, but he fits Jon perfectly from everything I've read.

I hope that in the end, he gets together with Daenerys. Probably won't happen, but it would be cool.

What if it ends with Jon Snow and his White Walker army vs Dany and her dragons?

That would be neat. I would like to see Jon in a position where he has to work with/for the White Walkers as well as against them. Shifting loyalties working toward a better end.

I don't think the White Walkers are all bad. There was a quote from Bloodraven in ADWD about how magic died out when men came into the world, and they all had to go into hiding. The Others were probably the dominant species of Westeros originally, then the CotF came along, then the First Men, the Andals etc, and over time they've been pushed back to the Land of Always Winter and into myth and legend. They want to take Westeros back. So, they're still villains but they have logical reasons for what they're doing.

It's either going to be Jon or Bran who brings us to the White Walkers. GRRM has said we're going farther north in TWOW, and we'll be seeing a lot more of the Others, and since Jon and Bran are the only two viewpoint characters anywhere near them it has to be either of them. My money's on Bran, personally, but I think Jon will be involved with the White Walkers as well.

What about Benjen Stark! ;)

I thought this was an Ygritte thread from the title.

He's one of the 3 characters left people root for as the show's hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"