Jon Snow Sequel in Development

I wanted a remake of season 8, but this is the next best thing, and more than I thought we would get. Just keep D&D farrrrrrr away from this production.
Zero chance they’ll be back. GRRM himself will oversee this, imo.

I hope Jon ventures to the Land of Formerly Always Winter and explore the history of the White Walkers and the magic surrounding them. Maybe get to see the Night King's fortress and the alter where White Walkers were made. And I'm sure Jon will be dealing with other Wildling factions that somehow survived and don't accept him as King Beyond the Wall. And he'll probably have to help Sansa at some point.

Maybe Drogon comes back and Jon tames him?
Kind of an interesting idea. I don't know about "tames", but "comes to terms with" might be interesting.

Who's the baddie though.......

We already know how this show ends. :o

ghostS-600x315.png

I'll watch this, sure, but the real spinoff I wanted to see is whatever Arya gets up to after she sails away from Westeros.

I hope Jon ventures to the Land of Formerly Always Winter and explore the history of the White Walkers and the magic surrounding them. Maybe get to see the Night King's fortress and the alter where White Walkers were made. And I'm sure Jon will be dealing with other Wildling factions that somehow survived and don't accept him as King Beyond the Wall. And he'll probably have to help Sansa at some point.
I still remember you being pissed about Arya offing your Avy. LOL. I think your idea of exploration could be interesting, but there's GOT (no pun intended and just noticed it now) to be a threat there.

RIP Night King. :funny:

We already know how this show ends. :o

ghostS-600x315.png

I'll watch this, sure, but the real spinoff I wanted to see is whatever Arya gets up to after she sails away from Westeros.
I could definitely live with that.

I still remember you being pissed about Arya offing your Avy. LOL. I think your idea of exploration could be interesting, but there's GOT (no pun intended and just noticed it now) to be a threat there.

RIP Night King. :funny:

Ninja Girl really ****ed up my hype. :(

What I'm hoping is that the White Walkers cant be permanently destroyed and something in the Far North, the Heart of Winter, always resurrects the Night King and he begins the cycle all over again. The show could also introduce the Great Other as the big bad. Its supposed to be some sort of scary dark god of the Others, and the enemy of R'hllor. The Night King could have been the Great Other's avatar which would make Jon #1 on the GO's ****list.

Last edited:
i am excited but nervous seeing how the major reason the quality fell off is because they had no more source material

the show runner,writers will be very important

There's definitely potential for this to be cool and to do retroactive justice to the lore of the White Walkers/Others. Getting Jon and Tormund on new adventures against those gorgeous Far North landscapes is enough for me to tune in. (Do we think they finally introduce Val as a new love interest for Jon?)

I just hope this doesn't screw with the spin-offs for The Sea Snake and Nymeria, which were by far my most anticipated projects.

BBC News - Emilia Clarke swaps Game of Thrones' dragons for Chekhov's The Seagull

And in response to a story in The Hollywood Reporter that Kit Harington will reprise his role as Jon Snow in a Game of Thrones sequel, Clarke says: "He has told me about it. And I know it exists. It's happening."

Then, perhaps realising she may have said more than she should have, she adds: "It's been created by Kit as far as I can understand, so he's in it from the ground up. So what you will be watching, hopefully, if it happens, is certified by Kit Harington."

Which raises the question - would she ever consider appearing in a spin-off to Game of Thrones, or is she done with dragons?

"No, I think I'm done," she says firmly and laughs. Emilia Clarke is ready to move on.

She’ll be back lmao

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

George R.R. Martin: “Yes, there is a Jon Snow show in development. The HOLLYWOOD REPORTER story was largely correct. And I would expect no less from James Hibberd. I have dealt with a lot of reporters over the past few years, and Hibberd is one of the very best, an actual journalist who does all the things journalists are supposed to do (getting the facts right, talking to sources, respecting requests for ‘background only’ and ‘off the record,’ etc) that most of the clickbait sites never bother with.

Our working title for the show is SNOW.”

"It seems as though Emilia Clarke has already mentioned that SNOW was Kit’s idea in a recent interview. So that part is out. Yes, it was Kit Harrington who brought the idea to us. I cannot tell you the names of the writers/ showrunners, since that has not been cleared for release yet… but Kit brought them in too, his own team, and they are terrific.

Various rumors are floating around about my involvement, or lack of same. I am involved, just as I am with THE HEDGE KNIGHT and THE SEA SNAKE and TEN THOUSAND SHIPS, and all the animated shows. Kit’s team have visited me here in Santa Fe and worked with me and my own team of brilliant, talented writer/ consultants to hammer out the show."

Last edited:
This is so out of character for HBO. You had Casey Bloys months ago saying he is more interested in finding the next iconic show and won't be doing spin offs, and here now are two GOT spin offs. This is something HBO Max or another streamer would do. Going back to the well of something iconic in the past and pimping it out. You're setting a bad precedent that could water down HBO. It's the birth place of prestige TV.

They've been doing fine without these things. They have The Last of Us, which has potential to be amazing. Find other things like that if you're looking for a high concept show that can attract audiences.

Besides, after the wet fart that was the finale, it's hard to really care anymore.

This is so out of character for HBO. You had Casey Bloys months ago saying he is more interested in finding the next iconic show and won't be doing spin offs, and here now are two GOT spin offs. This is something HBO Max or another streamer would do. Going back to the well of something iconic in the past and pimping it out. You're setting a bad precedent that could water down HBO. It's the birth place of prestige TV.

They've been doing fine without these things. They have The Last of Us, which has potential to be amazing. Find other things like that if you're looking for a high concept show that can attract audiences.

Besides, after the wet fart that was the finale, it's hard to really care anymore.
There were always going to be at least two spin-offs from GOT but that Long Night prequel series never took off. The way I see it, it could get to be excessive but regardless they’re going to be pumping out more content than before thanks to HBO Max.

Instead of trying to do prequels why not do a short series or film showing things a 1,000 or 2,000 years in their future.
Their version of our 1700's.
Peace collapsed and their countries/kingdoms are fighting over the scraps.
But with magic and a few dragons here and there.

Instead of trying to do prequels why not do a short series or film showing things a 1,000 or 2,000 years in their future.
Their version of our 1700's.
Peace collapsed and their countries/kingdoms are fighting over the scraps.
But with magic and a few dragons here and there.
An anthology series would actually be a very smart move, though I definitely would want to spend some time with Snow in there as well.

I just have to say, I have NO interest in this show. Jon was my favorite character on GOT for most of the show but I feel like they ruined him in the final season. Maybe a good trailer will make me reconsider but this just feels like such an weak attempt at keeping the hype going.

Despite not being too hyped for House of the Dragon, the premiere did manage to pull me back in and make me excited for this universe again. So I don’t know, a spinoff like this could be a chance to redeem the ending of Thrones. It’ll have to be done with care though. I think there’s a risk there that in order to please people, it might become too retcon-y.

I have a feeling that by tying to fix things they're going to make them even worse. Kind of like what The Rise of Skywalker was to The Last Jedi.

Agreed. They already ruined the ending of Jon Snow's character arc. What's done is done. Attempting to fix it later is not going to work IMHO.

I never knew Kit Harington comes from a line of Barons and has a family coat of arms. Kit's father is Sir David Richard Harington, the 15th Baronet of the Harington Baronetcy. Kit's older brother will inherit the 16th Baronet title.

Harington baronets - Wikipedia

It seems like HBO Max might've cheekily winked at a pretty old GoT theory in their new House of the Dragon: Ambient Video. We might learn more about this in the Sequel show.
Among the House Stark characters starting at 9:38 there are exclusively shots of Stark family members. Except it cuts to a shot of the Night King at 13:28. Now it was a common theory that he was a Stark, or with the timeline from the show, a Stark predecessor. With the Night's King being Brandon Stark according to Old Nan in the books, that would definitely fit.

Last edited:
It seems like HBO Max might've cheekily winked at a pretty old GoT theory in their new House of the Dragon: Ambient Video. We might learn more about this in the Sequel show.
Among the House Stark characters starting at 9:38 there are exclusively shots of Stark family members. Except it cuts to a shot of the Night King at 13:28. Now it was a common theory that he was a Stark, or with the timeline from the show, a Stark predecessor. With the Night's King being Brandon Stark according to Old Nan in the books, that would definitely fit.

I could see them setting Bran being the Bad Guy for the Snow series...though I personally would want Jon to go mad become the NK 2 and summon a True Ice Dragon.

I do think there needs to be some conflict other than "Jon teaches the Freefolk to get along"

I could see them setting Bran being the Bad Guy for the Snow series...though I personally would want Jon to go mad become the NK 2 and summon a True Ice Dragon.

I do think there needs to be some conflict other than "Jon teaches the Freefolk to get along"
Yeah, there definitely needs to be a bit more meat to this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"