American Pie sequel coming up

Of course she could find time. Its a comedy with no SFX. It would take six weeks for her to film. I'm not saying she can't do it. I'm saying she shouldn't do it.

Why shouldn't she? It's not like she's an A list celeb who's sought out after for Staring movie roles. This would be good for her to star in a film that isn't 'Some Dumb Parody MOVIE'. It would put her name back on film and open the doors for more viewers to the sitcom.

Or it could instantly cool off any heat she's attracted since HIMYM. There is a good chance this movie will be of similar quality of the "Presents..." series. If such is the case it could easily bomb. The name American Pie won't command the same box office it did 5 years ago. If it bombs it could kill any chance she has of getting back into film after HIMYM.

Eh, I'll need to hear more about this like what's it about and who's returning.

I find it extremely ironic that the one girl in the AP cast that pretty much had the worst character in the series is the one that now has the most prosperous career. I guess she stood out the most, even back then. When Eugene Levy is the one getting the most work, you know you done ****ed up.

firstly if you look at the date from that article it was posted at the end of oct. As i was trying to say in my earlier post. I remember reading a much more recent article saying a feature film with most of the originals back isnt likely happening and it will just be another american pie film with different characters but getting back to the roots of the first films.

Here is the article i was mentioning:
http://www.moviehole.net/200816840-steinberg-on-american-pie-7
Steinberg on American Pie 7
Author: Clint Morris Date: Thursday, December 4th, 2008 Time: 5:56 pm
So there's a new ''American Pie'' movie coming - and from what I hear, it isn't the theatrically-released 'reunion' movie (with the original cast) Universal were considering. The new pic is titled ''American Pie : Book of Love'' and as with the previous three movies in the series, will head straight to DVD.

Screenwriter David H. Steinberg (co-writer of "American Pie 2") tells Sequel-Buzz that he promises a better sequel to the previous installments ("Band Camp", "Naked Mile", "Beta House").

"I think the last three have increasingly gotten away from what made the movies great: lovable, relatable characters and a strong theme about growing up and sex and love", Steinberg tells the site. ''Plus, the first three movies always had strong female characters with a real point of view, not just window dressing. “Book of Love” is very much like the first movie. It’s actually very dramatic at times."

Steinberg, also the writer of the upcoming "Porky's" remake, says he's also up for directing duties on the movie.

I find it extremely ironic that the one girl in the AP cast that pretty much had the worst character in the series is the one that now has the most prosperous career. I guess she stood out the most, even back then. When Eugene Levy is the one getting the most work, you know you done ****ed up.

Hey, Seann William Scott still works pretty well. Not great work, but at least he does films. Hannigan gets more credit because she's seen the most due to HIMYM. Survari has some good indi work under her belt. And...the rest...sorry, I can't say too much about 'em. Biggs gets more crap after crap in each movie.

But on about Hannigan...She's done ONE movie in the past 5 years. The rest have been TV work. She needs a staring role movie like a Cake needs an Oven to even become a cake. Date Movie was her last film, and wow...wow...*shakes head from even remembering that film*

Biggs and Hannigan need American Pie. They need a film that will actaully do business for them. It can't hurt them, only help.

scott has said recently too he wouldnt be interested in returning to the stifler type of character any more. He wants to move away from that type of character. So if their was ever a reunion movie he likely wouldnt return. But as i pointed out next film isnt a theatical reunion and is just another dtv film.

scott has said recently too he wouldnt be interested in returning to the stifler type of character any more. He wants to move away from that type of character. So if their was ever a reunion movie he likely wouldnt return. But as i pointed out next film isnt a theatical reunion and is just another dtv film.

He did Role Models.....was he seriously? Or did he say this after Role Models? Perhaps Stifler could have grown up a lot and is more mature. But what would be the point in that?

He did Role Models.....was he seriously? Or did he say this after Role Models? Perhaps Stifler could have grown up a lot and is more mature. But what would be the point in that?

I think he has been saying that same nonsense for years. But who wants to hire him for a drama? I thought he was great in the dance scene in American Wedding.

I think they are still considering a real sequel.

could be but the most recent news is the one i posted above. But a reunion movie would be great. And if it was about jim and michelle having kids. It was stated in band camp that michelle was pregrant and a child was on the way. So if the film would be out in a yr or two they could have a could who is around 5-7 yrs old.

could be but the most recent news is the one i posted above. But a reunion movie would be great. And if it was about jim and michelle having kids. It was stated in band camp that michelle was pregrant and a child was on the way. So if the film would be out in a yr or two they could have a could who is around 5-7 yrs old.

Unless they ignored that movie, which is possible.

I liked the three theatrical movies, so I definately wouldn't mind seeing a new one. :up:

The one with them older and dealing with teenagers would probably be the most original and hilarious. Just imagine an older Jim coming home to see his teenaged son getting sexual pleasure from some form of pastry. :woot:

I still love the first two.

I'm actually insanely happy. I love all three original films and was actually watching the second one (my fave of them) last night. I haven't bothered with the DTV sequels, but I'll definitely with this one providing all of the original cast comes back (including the ones left out American Wedding).

I can't see Hannigan agreeing to it. She is kind of hot right now (not in that way pervs). She is on one of highest rated comedies in the country which is also a critical darling. Why risk damaging that by a movie that could possibly bomb and will almost definitely get critically trashed.

All of the American Pie films faired badly with critics. The fourth one won't be any different. Hannigan will come out unscathed. Also, all three films are considered hits, the first one is just about a classic now, and the other two are also generally well regarded (even though Wedding has unfairly been trashed).

I'd be up for a reunion sequel. I liked the first 3 and Band Camp was ok, the kid they got to play Stiflers bro did a pretty ok job but if they went back to the roots of AP1 and AP2 then it could be cool.

I can only see two ways of doing it imo.. either have it centre Jim and Michelle where Michelle is pregnant/with a young child... or set it even further in the future where they are 40 odd and their kids are the age they were in AP1 and they are doing what they're fathers did.. they could mix it up a bit and have Jims son be a sex god (but always humilated by his fathers pie humping) and Stiflers son could be like Jim was.

At any rate, Naked Mile was awful, although the jacking off/granny heart attack scene was pretty funny and I didn't bother with the other one..

I hate the AP movies. It's all about sex and I'm tired of it. I hate it almost as much as I ahte SuperBad.

I hate the AP movies. It's all about sex and I'm tired of it. I hate it almost as much as I ahte SuperBad.

They're not all about sex. Sex is the bond that tied the characters together, but the films also dealt with friendship, commitment and other issues that teens go through in a very real and well played out way. Maybe I'm just biased because I find the films ****ing hilarious, but I thimk they have a lot more depth and thought than people are willing to give them credit for.

Also, who's with me that a new film seriously needs to feature the original cast including Reid, Natasha Lyonne, Chris Klein and the others cut out from American Wedding?

They're not all about sex. Sex is the bond that tied the characters together, but the films also dealt with friendship, commitment and other issues that teens go through in a very real and well played out way. Maybe I'm just biased because I find the films ****ing hilarious, but I thimk they have a lot more depth and thought than people are willing to give them credit for.

Also, who's with me that a new film seriously needs to feature the original cast including Reid, Natasha Lyonne, Chris Klein and the others cut out from American Wedding?

Well said. And the more cast members they get back, the better.

Does this really need to happen? :huh:

How many movies need to happen, really? It's just a matter of whether people want to see it and clearly people do. The first three made a lot of money.

Does this really need to happen? :huh:

Yes, because it's the only potential way of erasing (or at least dulling) the painful **** stain on the series that were the DTV sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"