Your Favorite PS4 Games?

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
With the big PS5 reveal today, the end of the PS4 era is truly upon us. That doesn’t mean we aren’t in store for some big ones before the end. We have Last of Us 2, Ghost, and Cyberpunk all out in the next few months. I am hoping they all make this list for me and thus I need to make some edits in the near future.

But until then, what are everyone’s favorite PS4 games? The list can be as long or short as you like. The only rule is, the game had to be released on the PS4 “first”. No remasters. Games that appeared on the PC this generation but then made it over to the PS4 is fine.

Already editing and expanding. :hehe:

1. God of War
dUzPXsM.gif

2. Bloodborne
jL44BGq.gif

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
PB8BbEa.gif

4. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
SlAP8BA.gif

5. Devil May Cry 5
aBPeeB5.gif

6. Dark Souls 3
R7NV3rC.gif

7. Alien: Isolation
DLmOHPJ.gif

8. Nioh 2
SsCTx1o.gif

9. Resident Evil VII: Biohazard
ITkhLgc.gif

10. Star Wars: Battlefront 2
eeXg1NG.gif

11. Nioh
yHr4LVa.gif

12. Resident Evil 2: Remake

0eGFmbP.gif

13. Monster Hunter: World
i4yZXsm.gif

14. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End/Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
7g9LlRA.gif

91AlCKs.gif

15. Final Fantasy 7: Remake

GIKkBD3.gif

Last edited:
1. HZD
2. Spiderman
3. Ratchet and clank
4. GOW
5. Drive club

I think GOT will also make it on there flat out looks amazing!

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy, that's it.

I played other great games this gen on PC.

UPD. I think I'll add Spider-Man to the list. The game wasn't all that great, but traversing the city as Spidey felt exciting. And portrayal of the characters was absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Spider-Man

These are the top 5 to me that have come exclusively to the PS4 and are overall the best ones.

God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Spider-Man

These are the top 5 to me that have come exclusively to the PS4 and are overall the best ones.
Awesome taste dude. My top 4 are all in your 5 and the only one that isn’t is Bloodborne (which I haven’t played yet) which we were just talking about. :cool::up:

I still didn't play God of War, Horizon and Bloodborne. I can't make myself do it.

If we're including third party games

Red Dead Redemption 2
The Witcher 3
Uncharted 4/The Lost Legacy
Spider-Man
God Of War
Resident Evil 2

just 1st party games

Uncharted 4/The Lost Legacy
Spider-Man
God of War
Days Gone

I didn't complete Days Gone though.

I still didn't play God of War, Horizon and Bloodborne. I can't make myself do it.
Why?

The reason why I didn't like play Bloodborne, Nioh or any games from FromSoftware is I just don't have the patience for extreme difficulty. Plus the creepy atmosphere/imagery aren't just for me unless its like Re which is part of my childhood.

Why?

The reason why I didn't like play Bloodborne, Nioh or any games from FromSoftware is I just don't have the patience for extreme difficulty. Plus the creepy atmosphere/imagery aren't just for me unless its like Re which is part of my childhood.
Bloodborne - hard to say, it's world is just not appealing to me. Similarly looking corridors and stairs with hairy beasts of various shapes. I just prefer more classic fantasy look of Dark Souls.
God of War - I'm not a fan of the franchise, I watched the first two hours on the internet and it didn't hook me. It's probably just not for me.
Horizon - I don't understand it. Can't get into it. Pre(post)historic world where you fight dinosaur-shaped routers and other gadgets... Too "out there" for my liking.

So i gave my favorite ps4 games and gave like exclusives but my over all favorite game is not a ps4 exclusive its a multiplatform game in batman arkham knight.

My favorite game this gen so far is The Witcher 3. But it's multiplatform and I played it on PC. I don't know how likely the chance of Part II or Cyberpunk to take it over. They really need to craft something so good I wouldn't want to leave the world and feel deep sadness after finishing the game because of just how much I loved it.

God of War
Uncharted 4
Spider-Man
Horizon zero dawn
Infamous second Son

3rd party
Star Wars Battlefront 1 2
Batman Arkham Knight
Red Dead 2
Star Wars Last Jedi
Rocket League
Mortal Kombat 11
Injustice 2
Crash CTR

My favorite game this gen so far is The Witcher 3. But it's multiplatform and I played it on PC. I don't know how likely the chance of Part II or Cyberpunk to take it over. They really need to craft something so good I wouldn't want to leave the world and feel deep sadness after finishing the game because of just how much I loved it.
Cyberpunk has a high chance of becoming my fave game of this generation. Currently, it's Red Dead II, but that could change for me.

Last edited:
A Top 5 is difficult but I managed a Top 6, roughly in order.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Alien Isolation
Spider-Man
Subnautica
Fallout 4
Resident Evil 2: REmake

I probably should have waited to do this until after I played The Last of Us II but:

PS4 Exclusives:
Spider-Man
God of War
Uncharted 4

Third Party:
Red Dead Redemption II (My favorite game from this console generation)
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Honorable Mentions but don't count as PS4 originals:
The Last of Us: Remastered
Grand Theft Auto V
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

1.) Horizon: Zero Dawn
2.) Spider-Man
3.) God Of War

There are still some games I should probably play, these are my big 3 for Playstation. Shout out to Last of Us Remastered which really got me to buy a PS4 in the first place. I anxiously await TLOU2 to see how it fits in the list.

I liked 'The Outer Worlds', 'Doom', 'Prey' and 'Shadow of Mordor' for cross-plats.

Battlefront 2 really turned around but we should never forget how hideous that was at launch, nor the 18 months it took after taking our money to really deliver.

Have only had a PS4 Pro since Spider-Man came out. So my list is short...
1) Spider-Man
2) The Last of Us Remastered

It’s been a wonderful generation

my favourites are
  • Doom eternal
  • God of war
  • Spider-Man
  • Assassins creed black flag (I think it’s the first game I got for this gen)
  • Shadow warrior
  • The last of us

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"