Your Top 10 Most Anticpated Games of 2015

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
Below is an incomplete list of games scheduled to come out in 2015.

Which games are you most looking forward to next year?

Assassin's Creed Victory
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Axiom Verge
Batman: Arkham Knight
Battleborn
Battlefield Hardline
Bladestorm: Nightmare
Bloodborne
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Crackdown 3
Dead Island 2
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Drawn to Death
Dying Light
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires
Evolve
Fable Legends
Fat Princess Adventures
Fortnite
Galak-Z: The Dimensional
Gran Turismo 7
H1Z1
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo: Spartan Strike
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai Remix
Hellblade
Helldivers
Homefront: The Revolution
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Human Element
Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age
Hyper Light Drifter
Just Cause 3
Killing Floor 2
King's Quest
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Kingdom Under Fire II
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Let It Die
Mad Max
Mario Maker
Mario Party 10
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Wii U
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Mighty No. 9
Minecraft: Story Mode
Mortal Kombat X
No Man's Sky
Persona 5
Pillars of Eternity
Quantum Break
Ratchet & Clank PS4
Raven's Cry
Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Soma
Soul Saga
Space Hulk: Deathwing
Star Fox Wii U
Star Wars: Battlefront
Tales of Zestiria
The Talos Principle
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Tom Clancy's The Division
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Total War: Attila
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
****e of the Orient
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yakuza 5
Yoshi's Woolly World

1. Bloodborne
2. Star Wars: Battlefront
3. The Legend of Zelda Wii U
4. Uncharted 4: Thief's End
5. Metal Gar Solid V: The Phantom Pain
6. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
7. Batman: Arkham Knight
8. Gran Turismo 7
9. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
10. Xenoblade Chronicles X

1. Halo 5
2. Quantum Break
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider
4. Metal Gear Solid V
6. Witcher 3
7. Star Wars: Battlefront
8. Batman: Arkham Knight
9. Mortal Kombat X
10. Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

1. Witcher 3
2. Arkham Knight
3. Zelda WiiU
4. Battlefront

5 through 10 to come after some research

Last edited:
1. Star Wars Battlefront
2. Uncharted 4
3. Arkham Knight
4. MGS V
5. BF: Hardline (really can't decide on my number 5)

I'll probably check out and eventually buy a lot of games, but the only ones I think I'm really looking forward to, like day one instan-buy kind of looking forward to, is fairly short:

1. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
2. The Legend of Zelda U
3. Star Fox U
4. Arkham Knight

10 is a lot, so I will simply do 5.

My most anticipated game is honestly Majora's Mask.

Yes i know exactly what I am getting and it's still my most anticipated game.

Second is, Zelda Wii U, then, Tomb Raider 2, then Bloodborne, then Halo 5.

Didn't know Battlefront was slated for 2015.

Batman Arkham Knight
Uncharted 4
Rise of The Tomb Raider
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Mortal Kombat X
Mighty N°9
Star Wars Battlefront

I think No Man's Sky is probably my number 1 right now. Witcher 3 looks pretty neat too, but I'm in no rush to play it. Arkham Knight looks like fun, but I can hold off until it's cheap. I'm sure there will be others as time goes on.

I'm also looking forward to the continuation of Telltale's Game of Thrones game, and their Tales From The Borderlands series.

Last edited:
10 is a lot, so I will simply do 5.

My most anticipated game is honestly Majora's Mask.

Yes i know exactly what I am getting and it's still my most anticipated game.

Second is, Zelda Wii U, then, Tomb Raider 2, then Bloodborne, then Halo 5.

Didn't know Battlefront was slated for 2015.

It is.

I believe it was Iger that talked about it. It will be the one game of SW that will come out right before The Force Awakens.

Mortal Kombat X. Not really paying attention to anything else. :p

No Man's Sky

J6HqrJf.jpg

This game looks incredible, and I think it's entirely possible that it might be great, but I also think it's probable that it's going to disappoint a lot people whose expectations are way too high. Not that it's their fault necessarily; Sony is pushing this thing pretty hard. As cool as the game looks, I would advise everyone to remind themselves that this game is being made by like, four people or something like that. So, you know, just try and keep your expectations in check.

I'm personally setting my expectations at the level of "Minecraft in space". If No Man's Sky surpasses that, then great. If not, then it should be a fun enough experience on its own merits.

Star Wars: Battlefront

CzJl0O3.jpg

Ah, Battlefront. A series revered by many, but mostly only ever caused frustration for me. Why, you might be asking? Because I like Battlefield. I loved the idea of a Star Wars Battlefield game. The Star Wars: Battlefront developers were clearly trying to make a Battlefield game. Problem? I didn't think it was all that great.

While others are bemoaning DICE's involvement in the series, I'm personally overjoyed. While others see this new iteration as a diversion from they liked about the original games, I see it as the series finally realizing its potential. No longer will it be a mere imitation of Battlefield, it will be the real thing. More or less.

The big reason why this isn't higher on my list is the horribly broken state that Battlefield 4 launched in, and remained in for several months after release. Hopefully with Disney breathing down their necks, that might light a fire under their asses to get Battlefront out in an acceptable state. But you never know.

SOMA

9CN8gTo.jpg

Soma is new sci-fi horror game from the developers of Amnesia and Penumbra set inside an abandoned deep sea research facility. Either you're into that or not.

I've wanted a horror game set in some kind of setting like that for a long-ass time. Amnesia is one of my favorite horror games of the last several years, so I'm pretty confident they'll deliver with this one.

Yakuza 5

e9XnUlH.jpg

I'm so glad for the work Sony's third party group is doing in perusing projects that might not make a lot of business sense, but have a ton of passion behind them. When they announced their #buildingthelist endeavor, it seemed like it was probably all talk or a PR stunt or something, but so far they're actually delivering.

Rescued from Localization Hell by Sony, it's a minor miracle that Yakuza 5 is getting a release in the West. Part brawler, part RPG, the Yakuza series is easily one of the most underappreciated in all of gaming. While fools (of which I'm one) were busy crying about Shenmue for years and years, game after game, Sega was quietly releasing its spiritual successor in the form of a sprawling crime epic set in urban Japan and no one seemed to care, or even notice.

The Yakuza series is great, and by all accounts, the fifth entry is potentially the best of the bunch. If you like Shenmue, if you like crime stories, if you like weird Japanese ****, if you like Sega, for the love of god pick up Yakuza 5. If you want to catch up, 3 and 4 are being released on PSN.

We've been given a second chance here. If this fails, I sincerely doubt we'll be given a third.

Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade

12M77yh.jpg

The only way I can adequately demonstrate why I'm so excited for this game is to quote part of an article written about it.

We will start with the example of the Space Marines that Miguel gave us. You will login, select your character and be ported to your personal Orbital Striker (spaceship, which you can deck out and customize like a form of housing). You can also take your Striker and join it up with your Squad (up to 10 people) and create one shared mobile living space. Your Squad is part of the larger Chapter which is run by an electorate that the players will choose in the game itself. Are you following me so far? Good.

So your squad (or you as a solo player) then chooses a continent on the current campaign planet to land on. Each campaign will last three months, and then a winner will be declared. The game’s focus will reset to a new planet in the universe that Games Workshop has given Behaviour to make their own (it will not immediately be a part of the “canonical” Black Library). Once you land, you will be presented with an overworld map interface that displays where friendly and enemy squads are headed and shows you where action and locales to be explored are available. From this map display, you’ll be able to select a place to take your squad (or go it solo if you choose). Some locations may be rife with PVP while others may be more intimate PVE Tyranid encounters. One example Miguel gave us was a mine that is infested with Tyranids. If your squad is able to clear it out, you’ll gain those resources for your Chapter.

You will drop down into this overworld map, and you’ll see a fortress of the enemy lit on fire. Your squad will vote and all agree to go see what’s happening there. From the overworld map, the camera pans in in real-time to an over the shoulder view of your character. Your squad joins the battle in progress, and let’s say you successfully overtake the Eldar’s fortress. Now you’ve changed the border and territory control of the map, and any resources that were under the purveyance of the Eldar are yours to hold onto. Miguel said it’s a lot like EVE’s economy, but on a much simpler-to-grasp level. Resources are all necessary to make the armor, weapons, ships, and fortress armaments needed to defend your faction’s stake in the world. Once you take the fortress, though you may have ruined a lot of it in the process (because EC comes complete with destructible environments and plenty of cover mechanics) you will rebuild it and hold it to keep the battle-lines drawn in your favor.

All of this: the fight between the four player controlled factions and the fifth wild-card known as the Tyranids rages on for three months. At the end, a winner is decided by overall territorial control and dominance, and the battle shifts from that planet to a brand new one (fresh and ripe for the picking). The new world may have a completely different ecosystem, new resources, new layout, and all of that to fight over. Think of it like competitive “seasons” in any sport. What’s the point of a war if no one wins? And that’s the philosophy behind having a campaign system in Eternal Crusade.
Source

Will the game live up to all that? Honestly? Probably not. But if it can get even half way there, I think it could be something really special. I'm a sucker for games that attempt to give real persistence to an online game like this one is doing, and unfortunately I don't think any that have attempted it in the past have totally succeeded, but here's to hoping Eternal Crusade gets it right.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

CgP53KG.jpg

Do you like hurting other people?

The sequel to my game of the year of 2012 is coming out in 2015, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Hotline Miami is one of the most savage, visceral, grimy, trippy, and frenetic games I've ever played. Pretty damn fun too. Also, the soundtrack is ****ing killer.

Hopefully the sequel is just as great.

OfULkvz.jpg

I don't really have a lot to say about this one. It's the fourth one of these, and it doesn't seem to be doing anything dramatically different than the past games, but there's something to be said for executing on a well-worn concept at an extremely high level. Besides, GOD DAMN does that game look good.

Bloodborne

m2goGyM.jpg

The Souls series is probably my favorite thing to come out of the last generation, and while not a Souls game proper, Bloodborne clearly shares a lot of the same DNA. It's like an evolutionary offshoot of the Souls series, both are similar in a lot of ways, only Bloodborne seems to be meaner, nastier, and far more aggressive. Where the combat is Dark Souls is often a ponderous affair, with two opponents casually poking and testing each other to find a weakness, by comparison in Bloodborne, if you're not careful that guy twenty feet ahead of you will be up in your grill in the blink of an eye with a knife in your back or a shotgun planted firmly under your chin.

I'm prepared to die. Are you?

Persona 5

3uTuND0.jpg

Over the past few years Persona has gone from an obscure spinoff of an already relatively obscure JRPG franchise, to perhaps the most beloved JRPG series currently running and a huge franchise unto itself. I definitely consider myself a convert to the series and I even consider Persona 4 to be one of my favorite games of all time. Persona 3 isn't half bad either.

There's shockingly little information out about Persona 5 right now, but given the pedigree, I think it's safe to be pretty excited for the franchise's next-gen debut, after having skipped the entire last generation.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

fFFO1XC.jpg

Anyone who knows me had to see this coming a mile away. I think Metal Gear is pretty much the one franchise that it's possible I might be a blatant fanboy of. I can't help it though! I just love it. All of it! I really do.

Having said that, I don't think my fanboyism is blinding me from the fact that Phantom Pain looks incredible. It seems like it might be the biggest, and dare I say best entry in the series yet. It's got huge, open levels. For better worse the gameplay has been very streamlined for a smoother experience. Story-wise this is probably going to be a very integral chapter in the overall fiction. The story also seems to have all the requisite high drama, punctuated by fits of silliness that you would expect from a Metal Gear game in spades. Not to mention by all indication it looks like it will probably have some great MGS2-style mind****ery. Custom base-building, optional subplots and side characters, online base invasions, competitive multiplayer, tons of weapons and gadgets, etc. The list of features goes on and on. It looks to be an absolutely immense game.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is I'm worried the game is only going to be limited to the two locations they've shown so far. Having said that, I suppose I would rather have a game with two good levels than a situation like in MGS4 where there were a couple of good ones and a couple that felt like afterthought or like they ran out of money or something.

Some games I wanted to include, but didn't make the cut:

• The Division. I think this game seems pretty cool, but given Ubisoft's recent sketchy track record, I'm downgrading this one from "hype" to "wait and see".
  • Mighty No. 9. I still think this looks rad, but it seems like the developers got dollar signs in their eyes, and they've tried to have so many crowdfunding campaigns beyond the initial Kickstarter that I've completely lost track of them all. Which makes me a bit worried that this game is going to come out feeling either half-finished, or like a finished game with a ton of junk they bolted onto it because the developers wanted more money.
  • Zelda Wii U. It's looking pretty good so far, but I feel like Nintendo has said so many times in the past, "We've got some fresh ideas for this one, we're really going to change up the formula this time, we swear!" that it's hard to really believe them.
  • Routine. Routine is a horror game set on an abandoned lunar base. I've had this game on my "most anticipated" list three years in a row, but they keep pushing it back. I think it looks fantastic, but I'm done being "excited" for it. Give me something to play and then I'll get excited again.

Last edited:
Would someone who has never played a Persona game be hopelessly lost if they picked up 5?

I don't think so. There's not really any crossover between the numbered entires. Just little winks and nods here and there.

1. Uncharted 4
2. Batman Arkham Knight
3. Metal Gear Solid V: PP
4. The Order: 1886
5. Mortal Kombat X
6. Mighty No. 9
7. Dying Light
8. Until Dawn
9. Tearaway Unfolded
10. Ratchet and Clank Remake

so far I don't have 10 but for the games I do want my list goes like this.

1. Batman arkham knight- the batman arkham games have quikley became one of my favorite video game franchise.
2. Zelda wii u- Zelda is my favorite video game franchise and they are all just about classics so I am sure the game will be great has always.
3. Ratchet and clank -interested to see how a ratchet game looks on ps4.
4. Splatoon- just looks very different and fun.

(work in progress)

1) No Man's Sky

2) Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell

3) The Division

1. The Witcher 3
2. Rainbow Six Siege
3. Star Wars Battlefront
4. The Division
5. Any Warhammer game that is coming to Xbox One

• Zelda Wii U. It's looking pretty good so far, but I feel like Nintendo has said so many times in the past, "We've got some fresh ideas for this one, we're really going to change up the formula this time, we swear!" that it's hard to really believe them

I think that depends on what you mean exactly by formula. Are you taking gameplay, because I think just from what little we've seen so far, it looks more of an open Zelda than we've seen in the past. But if you mean the Zelda formula of being Link, saving the princess from Ganondorf (or some variation of Ganondorf), with the collection of the triforce being the major macgruffin, then I would never expect that to change. I mean, sure, the occasion experiment happens like Majora's Mask or the DS titles, but the series is as structurally set as just about any game series.

Mortal Kombat X

And maybe:
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Saints Row

in no particular order except for #1:

1 - Batman: Arkham Knight

2 - Uncharted 4

3 - Mortal Kombat X

4 - Star Wars: Battlefront

5 - Metal Gear Solid 5

1. Metal gear solid V
2. Uncharted 4
3. Bloodborne
4. Arkham knight
5. The order: 1886
6. The division
7. The witcher 3
8. Dark Souls 2 ps4 edition
9. Final Fantasy type 0 hd edition
10. No man's sky

Other than the first 2 it's not really in any particular order.

I don't think I've bought ten games total in the last five years, lol. That said, I do have a wish list started for 2015:

1. Mortal Kombat X
2. Arkham Knight
3. Uncharted 4
4. Tomb Raider

Arkham Knight
No Man's Sky
Star Wars Battlefront
Inside
Rime

1. Halo 5: Guardians

2. Mortal Kombat X

3. Star Wars: Battlefront