• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Your First Time

Well, I don't know about Marvel, but the DC RPG didn't even have applications for quite a long time.

Yea I noticed that when I was reading DC Season II. How did you guys end up applying for characters then? I saw no OOC threads.

Yea I noticed that when I was reading DC Season II. How did you guys end up applying for characters then? I saw no OOC threads.

The OOC threads were not saved along with their IC counterparts.

And I could've sworn I filled out an app for Mordru in Season II. :huh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I did a Deathstroke app as well.

I don't remember when we first started doing the apps for DC, but I know that during the first season, all we did was say who we wanted to play and then a GM would give us the go-ahead.

All I remember from that fight was wondering why the hell people were using electricity against an energy vampire :-)huh:), but I tried to run with it for the sake of the story.

Was that me :huh:

No, that was JRK. For the life of me, I can't remember any Red X activities during the Unity storyline, except for your fight with Deathstroke outside of the Fortress of Solitude.

I think that's it and joining the Unity for some reason I can't recall.

Wow, I'm re-reading all of that scene that Harl linked to, and it has some of my favorite moments from that RPG: the Joker saving Batman's life from Rudy and actually rolling up his sleeves to fight the muscle-bound brute who's the size of the Hulk; Zoom and Parasite stalemating each other, and Zoom using Wonder Woman as a club against him; and Superman being an evil sonuvab**ch. :woot::up:

First IC Post:
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12671645&postcount=181

So that was only six months ago (exactly to this day! :wow:). No much to complain about it, except that its REALLY short compared to most of my IC posts now. Also wish I had created a character banner for old 'cracker too :oldrazz:

Kinda wish I had picked up a character like Skyfire or a transformer I was more interested in at the time I suppose ... meh.

Wow, I'm re-reading all of that scene that Harl linked to, and it has some of my favorite moments from that RPG: the Joker saving Batman's life from Rudy and actually rolling up his sleeves to fight the muscle-bound brute who's the size of the Hulk; Zoom and Parasite stalemating each other, and Zoom using Wonder Woman as a club against him; and Superman being an evil sonuvab**ch. :woot::up:

Thank you.

I don't remember when we first started doing the apps for DC, but I know that during the first season, all we did was say who we wanted to play and then a GM would give us the go-ahead.

Season IV I think. I don't remember putting an app in for Sinestro in season III. And there was that big blow out in season IV about everyone having to put in sample posts even if they used the character the last season.

Season IV I think. I don't remember putting an app in for Sinestro in season III. And there was that big blow out in season IV about everyone having to put in sample posts even if they used the character the last season.
Pretty sure we had APs in II & III but no sample posts until IV.

Season IV didn't have sample posts. I found my Jason Todd application. So byrd is right it was added in Season V.

Here's my first go-round in the RPGs, playing General Zod in the first One Universe:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=8535126&postcount=1464

Apart from having way too much narration compared to only a single line of dialogue, I think it still holds up to my current standard. Which means I have made, like, zero improvements at all in nearly six years. And that's terrible.

There was a time when (any of) the TF RPG(s) had tons of support? At most, all I remember was a somewhat enthusiastic minority that just kind of petered out.

*runs to Independents game*

The TF games would get people saying "Oh man, how cool would it be to play a Transformer!"

Then they'd play and transform a couple of times.

Then they'd realize that's all they know about Transformers and get bored.

There was a time when (any of) the TF RPG(s) had tons of support? At most, all I remember was a somewhat enthusiastic minority that just kind of petered out.

*runs to Independents game*

You got your goddamn outlet! Use it! :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"