Your top 10 most anticipated games after E3 2012

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
Another E3 come and gone, along with it a slew of new game videos, announcements and info. Every year is shakes up my "most anticipated games" list, and I'd like to A. show how it has this year and B.see how it's affected yours. So let's get on with this shin-dig.

Oh and I did 10 then realised I'd forgotten two of my most anticipated games, so you get 12. 12!

12. Soul Sacrifice - Keiji Inafune's newest looks completely bonkers, mixing the wonderful dark art style of the Demon's Souls series (though entirely unrelated) with wacky and intriguing gameplay mechanics like ripping out your spine to use as a sword. I think without the restraints of Capcom the man is on his way to making Vita's first true must-have.

11. LittleBigPlanet Vita -
It's no coincidence that LBP2 is among the free games in the updated PS Plus library. Just a brief play session a few days ago has me completely reinvigorated with this franchise and raring to go at it with the accessibility the touchscreen provides. It looks to truly be the most fully-featured game in the series yet and could just be what both the franchise and it's handheld need to get people excited again.

10. Assassin's Creed III - Historically I haven't got on with Assassin's Creed games. I skipped the first, despised the second and only recently gave it another chance with Revelations, which was okay. One of my main problems has always been how much I disliked the protagonist and settings of the ACII trilogy, which I'm sure makes me sound crazy. But everything here just seems to click - one of the most interesting settings in recent gaming, a slew of interesting new mechanics and twists and a hero that at least seems likeably generic if nothing else. Here's hoping this one grabs me.

9. Tomb Raider - Admittedly this has fallen a few places after trailers showing Uncharted-like setpieces. I was hoping for a more strictly-hardcore survival adventure, but what's here is still very intriguing, especially if it maintains an open-world element. Let's hope Lara doesn't disappoint... again.

8. Beyond: Two Souls - Again, I'm not a Heavy Rain (or Indigo Prophecy) fan. What seems like a simple story is wondrously transformed into a complete mess thanks to inexplicable plot holes and the game's narrative outright lying to you all the way up until the big reveal. I'm hoping, though, that Beyond learns from these mistakes and finally delivers Quantic Dream's masterpiece. It gets on the list alone for being unlike anything else.

7. Casltevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - Stupid name aside, more 2D Castlevania, tying in very closely to the series which has seen a fantastic reboot this generation. It would seem like this is an essential chapter in very much one of my favorite IP of the last few years and looks like a blast to play.

6. The Unfinished Swan - This and Papa & Yo are headlining PSN's post-Journey efforts. Unfinished Swan looks like a truly innovative and engulfing experience. It presents a unique challenge that sets every player apart. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

5. Halo 4 - This didn't blow me away at Microsoft's presser, instead settling for a rather undemanding gameplay demo. Nevertheless some of the story hints and new weapons have me very excited to step back into my favorite FPS series out there. It's almost certainly my most anticipated game of the remaining year.

4. Dead Space 3 - A rather muted showing can't stop this from being in the top half of my list. I absolutely adore both Dead Space 1, 2 and Extraction and can't wait to continue Isaac's story. The franchise has come under a lot of flak before and I have full confidence that it will defy those claims once more.

3. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Despite the internet crucifying me for stating my opinion, I'm still very much looking forward to MGR. The cut mechanic looks brilliant and is still very much present after the original version's canning. I'm excited to see how a more dynamic studio like Platinum interprets the story of Raiden and what exciting gameplay that can cook up.

2. Casltevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - The stunning CG trailer is one of my most-watched E3 videos. It presents a fascinating twist on series law and with the promise of following on from the last game's amazing ending show prove to be one of the better stories of the generation. The first was my Game of the Year for 2010, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next does the game for 2013.

1. The Last of Us - Well, the Dogs won me over. Uncharted is my second favorite franchise this generation, but I was worried that The Last of Us would be little more than Drake with a beard - a heavily-scripted, set-piece driven adventure that failed to truly capitalize on all of the potential the gameplay had. Not so. A true health bar, limited ammo, an inventory system and seemingly the most impressive contextual fights we'll have ever seen means this has a LOT going for it. I can't stop watching the amazing demo that had me wide-eyed and jaw-dropped at 3am last Monday. A proper release date can't come soon enough.

I don't have 10 but I'll give you what I have:

6. Assassins Creed III
5. Halo 4
4. Tomb Raider
3. Watch Dogs
2. Castlevania 2: Lords of Shadow
1. Injustice: Gods Among Us

Honorable Mention: (1) The Last of Us - I really want this game. So much so that I would be willing to buy a PS3 if it was not at the end of it's life-cycle. Unfortunately I'm not willing to buy a new system when it's rumored that next gen systems will be launched in a year or two. (2) Guild Wars 2 - this game looks fantastic. It's a PC game that was not at E3 though so it did not make my list.

• Assassin's Creed III - I didn't think I could excited for another Assassin's Creed game, especially one with this setting, yet Ubisoft managed to rope me in by apparently upping their game once again.
  • Darksiders II - The first Darksiders was a fantastic mashup of old-school sensibilities with the kind of flair you expect from modern games. While it unfortunately flew too far under the radar, it's one of the best games of the generation and the sequel looks like it will be every bit as good if not better.
  • Dishonored - Merely being a cool new IP would be enough to get me excited, but the fact that it's a supernatural spin on the Deus Ex formula has me salivating for more.
  • Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - It's a 1992 game in a 2012 body. It seems cool to me.
  • The Last of Us - I was very skeptical about this game due to Naughty Dogs' style of pretending like they're making movies instead of games, and I'm still not 100% sold on it, but if The Last of Us maintains the tone I've read about from the private press demos, it could be right up my alley.
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - My reaction to this game seemed to be the inverse of most everyone else. Despite always liking Raiden, the original incarnation of Rising did absolutely nothing for me, but the Platinum version instantly had me hook, line, and sinker. Prior to E3 this was most anticipated game, and what I saw come out of E3 only makes me want it all the more.
  • Rayman Legends - It's the sequel to the best platformer of the generation. What's not to be excited about?
  • Resident Evil 6 - The reveal trailer for this game rekindled my love for Resident Evil, and the E3 stage demo all but snuffed it out. Then Capcom Unity saved the day by doing an extended demo for each playable character and won me back. I think RE6 looks like it could be really cool, and I'm looking forward to it quite a bit, only now with cautious optimism rather than blind excitement.
  • Watch Dogs - This game obviously was the game of the show for a lot of people, and for good reason. However, giving it a more sober look now after the exuberance of E3, I still think it looks super cool, but I wonder by the time it comes out, how much of it will be like the slick-as-hell demo we all saw, and how much of it will just be a standard shooter?
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - I have never played any of the original XCOM games, I thought the FPS reboot looked kind of dopey, but this particular game looks great and has me excited to play a strategy game again.

Last edited:
10.Tomb Raider
9.Dead Space 3
8.Dishonored
7.Assassin's Creed 3
6.Darksiders 2
5.Resident Evil 6
4.Beyond: Two Souls
3.Halo 4
2.Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
1.Castlevania:Lords of Shadow 2

In no particular order...

Assassin's Creed III
Last of Us
The Amazing Spider-man
Watch Dogs
Heroes of Ruin (3DS)
Dead Space 3
Beyond
Darksiders II
Tomb Raider
Metal Gear Rising

• Assassin's Creed III
  • Casltevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Casltevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • The Last of Us
  • Watch Dogs
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us
  • Resident Evil 6
  • The Amazing Spider-man

There was a lot of awesome games shown thats for sure.

In order of release date, I'm super stoked for:

The Amazing Spider-Man.

Sleeping Dogs.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Far Cry 3

F1 2012

Resident Evil 6

Assassins Creed III

Hitman: Absolution

Crysis 3

Dead Space 3.

Im also looking forward to Star Wars: 1313 and Watch Dogs, but those aren't coming any time soon, so I'm not even putting them on my radar as of now. In fact, id wager that we will see them both at E3 next year.

Assassin's Creed III
Darksiders II
Dishonored
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Rayman Legends
Resident Evil 6
Watch Dogs
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

The E3 demo not put you off entirely, then?

1. The Last of Us
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
  4. Beyond
  5. Hitman: Absolution
  6. Watch Dogs
  7. Tomb Raider
  8. Playstation All-Stars

Only 8 right now, but I might add to it if others come to mind.

The E3 demo not put you off entirely, then?

Well, yes, but watching the three gameplay demos on Capcom Unity made me feel better about it. I'm still concerned there's going to be too many QTEs and overly scripted sequences and such, but the Capcom Unity demos were a lot more impressive than stage demo.

I only saw the Wesker one with the Nemesis fight, which looked pretty good.

The only games I'm really looking forward to right now are:

Borderlands 2
Watch Dogs
Hitman: Absolution

Pre-E3:
1:WWE'13
2:GTA V

Post-E3(games for this year):
3:Assassins Creed III
4:Halo 4
5:Hitman Absolution
6:Sleeping Dogs
7:Alien Colonial Marines

Post-E3(games for 2013&beyond)
8:The Last of Us
9:Watch Dogs
10:Gears of War Judgement
11:Splinter Cell Blacklist
12:Star Wars 1313

The number 1 spot is easy. Numbers 2 - 4 switch around depending on what new info is released. These are the games I’m salivating over.

1) Last of Us – duh.
2) Bioshock: Infinite– This game just looks awesome.
3) Assassins Creed III – Big fan of the series. Love the era. What can go wrong?
4) Tomb Raider – The ONLY TR game I’ve ever played all the way thru was Underworld, but this game looks to be a very cool change of pace for the series.

The rest are in no particular order, and are games I’m looking forward to:

Star Wars 1313 – people are complaining that it’s Uncharted: In Space. Well, I LOVE the Uncharted series, so I’m sold.
Beyond – Heavy Rain was clever. I’m intrigued to see how they advance their gaming here.
Watch Dog – the graphics alone were enough to perk my ears, though I haven’t seen much outside of a little bit of the demo.

I’m only slightly interested in:

Metal Gear Revengence – sorry, but it’s just not the same without stealth espionage action with Snake, but my love of the series will cause me to at least rent it.
Dishonored – I have seen very little of actual game play, and what I have seen hasn’t really impressed me. The graphics seem pretty poor and the cities pretty devoid of detail for this late in the Next Gen life cycle. But the cinematic was great and I want that damn mask.

Tomb Raider - I never cared for the franchise, but this looks too amazing.
The Last of Us
The Amazing Spider-Man
DmC
Metal Gear Rising - Same as Tomb Raider.
Beyond
Watch Dogs
Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2 - Haven't even played the first, but it appears this one has Alucard and he is my favorite character, so...

Only 8 so far.

In no particular order, and I'm quite aware that some of these weren't showcased at E3 this year:

Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Watch Dogs
Far Cry 3
Sleeping Dogs
Bioshock Infinite
Forza Horizon
The Amazing Spider-Man
Splinter Cell Blacklist
GTA V
Halo 4

Definitely excited about all of the above.
But consider me wholly unimpressed with Tomb Raider. I already think this is one of the most overhyped games I've ever seen, and I have a strong suspicion it's going to wind up choking big time. I saw absolutely nothing innovative about it; the graphics were lush, but nowhere near as impressive as a couple dozen other games showcased this year; the demos showed little more than on-the-rails (and totally over-the-top) gameplay; and the look and tone and everything about it says nothing about Lara Croft or Tomb Raider to me.

1. Tomb Raider

... everything else looks good but I'm not quite interested ...

Did they show new Bioshock Infinite stuff at E3?

1. Beyond
2. Last of Us
3. Assassins Creed III
4. PS All Stars
5. Tomb Raider
6. RE6
7. God of War Ascension

Dont care about anything else

1. Assassin's Creed III
2. Watch Dogs
3. Star Wars 1313
4. Tomb Raider