No Way Home "You've Stuck Your Webs In My Business For The Last Time!" Alfred Molina Returns As Doctor Octopus

Beyond excited to see Molina as Ock again. One my all-time favorite CBM villains. Looking forward to seeing how he plays it this time.

Hopeful he'll get good screen-time, I'm sure he will.

Beyond excited to see Molina as Ock again. One my all-time favorite CBM villains. Looking forward to seeing how he plays it this time.

Hopeful he'll get good screen-time, I'm sure he will.

I think he'll be the main villain tbh. No way are they bringing back the best Spidey movie villain of all time only to make him a side villain.

Huh. I hadn't taken into account that "tying three generations of Spider-Man movies together," THR comment before which is very interesting. I'm still remaining skeptical on both of the other Spider-Men appearing in No Way Home, but this also does point towards a Spider-Verse direction so I guess we'll see.

And if it's telling of his overall role in the film, then:

Doctor-Octopus-Master-Planner.png

I know I've beaten a dead horse with how many times I've stated this in the old discussion thread, but a Master Planner Ock portrayed by Molina would utterly effing fantastic.

The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon handled the Master Planner story brilliantly. As they did with just about everything else in the Spidey mythos. If we can get that kind of quality then bring it on. Molina would knock it out of the field.

I'm so damn eager to see what Molina does with the role again! Still my favorite Marvel villain portrayal ever.

The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon handled the Master Planner story brilliantly. As they did with just about everything else in the Spidey mythos. If we can get that kind of quality then bring it on. Molina would knock it out of the field.
Honestly if they don't pull from that version or the PS4 version I don't even see the point.

Hopefully the next trilogy with Holland adapts Spectacular as a banner.

Or do; 1) Spectacular 2) Sensational 3) Superior...

...then they all have a different theme without needing a sub-title like Homecoming / Far From Home.

Plus, each of those films can take a 5-7 year time jump in-between to show Peter change.

As much as I would've liked to see Kraven this time around, I can't deny that its appropriate to close out the trilogy with one of the quintessential Spidey villains.

Maybe second, only to Keaton being back as Batman.

Don't forget Keaton playing Vulture. I think that news combined with that first look at his design actually got people excited to see that character onscreen.

This is legitimately one of the single best pieces of superhero movie news in probably the last 10 years.

I can't wait to see how Marvel Studios differentiates this version from the SM2 version. Sony's version was pretty close to perfect (better than the classic comic version), and Molina was a big part of that. Now they have a chance to build on something that was previously outstanding, and I trust them to do so.

It's why I'm so fond of the idea of them giving him a Master Planner makeover. Alfred Molina would pull it off so well.

I can't wait to see how Marvel Studios differentiates this version from the SM2 version. Sony's version was pretty close to perfect (better than the classic comic version), and Molina was a big part of that. Now they have a chance to build on something that was previously outstanding, and I trust them to do so.

The easiest way to differentiate him is to get rid of one of the main things that people didn’t like about that Ock, which would be the A.I. “controlling” him. They can make the man the menace instead of the machine.

No sunglasses this time. Give him proper glasses or goggles. And I don't want him having a trench coat this time round either. Also more of a bowl cut please.

No sunglasses this time. Give him proper glasses or goggles. And I don't want him having a trench coat this time round either. Also more of a bowl cut please.

Regular glasses or goggles would be fine, but I prefer Ock in civilian clothes over a costume, so maybe substitute the trench coat for a lab coat or Armani suit. And honestly I wouldn't mind if Ock looks like Molina does now, with a beard and longer hair. A more grizzled look would be cool.

What would you guys want the tentacles to look like? I'm partial to the Spider-Man PS4 design.

What would you guys want the tentacles to look like? I'm partial to the Spider-Man PS4 design.

They were great. But I feel like Spider-Man 2's are just perfection. Like there's nothing I could fault about them. They look like something that would be used in high risk laboratory work, while also looking dangerous and powerful, and in the spirit of the comic books.

docock.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"