Zac Efron stars in Wrestling Drama “The Iron Claw” | A24

The movie takes tons of creative license with historical events.

Just for example, Kerry didn't have his accident the night after he beat Ric Flair for the title. It happened years later.

That said, it's still pretty insane when you think about Kerry having this whole career after the accident wrestling without a foot. Watching him in WWE, you couldn't realize it at all. Just shows how talented these guys were and that they were such gifted athletes.

This movie was absolutely devastating, and Zac Efron definitely should have gotten some awards recognition, especially for his last couple of scenes in the movie which is easily the best acting of his career.

Its still pretty crazy to me that this is the same guy from Highschool Musical because man has he come a long way as an actor and the crazy, great, shape he got into for this movie was insanely impressive too.

Somebody please get him to play the bigscreen/live action version of He-Man.

This movie was absolutely devastating, and Zac Efron definitely should have gotten some awards recognition, especially for his last couple of scenes in the movie which is easily the best acting of his career.

Its still pretty crazy to me that this is the same guy from Highschool Musical because man has he come a long way as an actor and the crazy, great, shape he got into for this movie was insanely impressive too.

Somebody please get him to play the bigscreen/live action version of He-Man.

Agreed on Efron. He's really proven himself in recent years with his acting chops. He did a great job here.

79e0429aac31a423cba5118e20bb7157e0ce0c84.gif

160d8fa4f3e4b81e2429d85d1ee6630f458a5e06.gif

b937e5caacf9e4ee726654c02382b57b73acb08f.gif

4zlchjM.gif

This movie was so tragically beautiful! One of the best films I've seen in a while. Every cast member acted their hearts out. Such a shame that Efron wasn't nominated for any awards.

That afterlife scene was brilliant and had me crying like a baby.

The actor portraying Ric Flair was not good, but I imagine trying pull off a Ric Flair portrayal would be quite difficult.

9/10

Love the Von Erichs especially because I love wrestling and I grew up watching each Von Erich

This movie was so tragically beautiful! One of the best films I've seen in a while. Every cast member acted their hearts out. Such a shame that Efron wasn't nominated for any awards.

That afterlife scene was brilliant and had me crying like a baby.

The actor portraying Ric Flair was not good, but I imagine trying pull off a Ric Flair portrayal would be quite difficult.

9/10
The only actor that comes to my mind that could pull off Ric Flair would be Dustin Hoffman.

Pretty much agree with everyone here, Zach's best work for sure. This one will linger in the mind for a while. I personally didn't' know what i was walking into but in terms of impact it will probably make people research the families history, i know i will.

There was some beautiful camera work in this film. When Fritz was on the mic speaking with the sons around. That long zoom was beautifully done. Just one of the examples of a few from what i remember.

P.S Nice to see Lily James on screen aswell to me she has a innocence that hasn't been replicated quite so well by other actors imo and maybe thats because of the roles she usually plays are quite the same, still... ive grown to appreciate her presence on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"