• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

‘X-Men: DOFP’ director Bryan Singer fans the flames of Marvel Vs Fox battle

I have to agree that Storm was a terrible translation on the big screen.

I wonder how Singer can explain GOTG success???? Which by the way has made more money then any of his Xmen films, well so far just domestically. A comic that no one knows and I mean know one that isn't a comic fan. The Xmen has been Marvel's most popular titles and yet he screwed them up with his and Fox's and Kinberg's take of what they think the Xmen should be while throwing all continuity out the window.

He needs to just not say anything on the subject, cause he clearly doesn't have a grasp on the X-Mens popularity and definitely not the rest of the Marvel library.

He just made Quicksilver one of the most popular X-Men of the year. If he wants other X-Men characters to be more popular then put them in good movies with solid roles. Otherwise they won't get that mainstream exposure to compete in any form with the MCU's.

Last edited:
For all of his whining about Iron Man if Singer had been able to use him before IM1 came out he would just have made him another fall guy to have Wolverine or Magneto shine.

Singer has no idea what to do with other mutants. Their formula over at FOX is that Wolverine works and is what sells and what people want to see. God he couldn't be more clueless

And yet Quicksilver was a crowd pleaser. So much for not having an idea to do with other mutants that isn't Wolverine. What a clueless director, right?

And yet Quicksilver was a crowd pleaser. So much for not having an idea to do with other mutants that isn't Wolverine. What a clueless director, right?

Oh please, Singer had nothing to do with that. I'm sure QS was added at the last minute because FOX got wind that Marvel was going to use the character in the Avengers. They probably had to rewrite him in the script and they didn't use Wanda cause their maybe wasn't time and wasn't sure how to make her fit in the story. Singer got lucky with QS and yes he was the bright spot but only had like 3 seconds in the film and was underused so the focus was Wolverine again and again and again. Explain again why it was only hinted that QS could possibly be Mags son? Again these movies just throws all continuity out the window for not one reason I can think of that's logical. Why exactly is it a problem saying that QS is Magneto's son???

Their is a rich history with the XMEN AND OUT OF THE NUMBER OF FILMS THAT WE'VE HAD WOLVERINE HAS BEEN THE FOCAL POINT IN ALL OF THEM. Come on man. FIrst Class was the only one and even then they couldn't keep Logan out of it and unfortunately it was the lowest performing one at the box office so of course FOX thinks they need Wolverine to be the focal point and that they can't do a movie without him.

COMING SOON!! XMEN: WOLVERINE VS APOCALYPSE! you know it to be true. I betcha Logan is the one to take him down in the clymax.

You mean same director who keep wolverine out of most action sequenzes
and had wolverine take take backseat to Xavier and Magneto:doh:

It was Singer's idea to use quicksilver

Yeah yeah keep up with the singer and Fox bashing

You mean same director who keep wolverine out of most action sequenzes
and had wolverine take take backseat to Xavier and Magneto:doh:

It was Singer's idea to use quicksilver

Yeah yeah keep up with the singer and Fox bashing

Who exactly is Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm again???????? They get no more screen time then Blink.

How the heck do you know it was Singer's idea to use QS???? Singer doesn't even know the darn characters enough to get them right. Not once do you know that Cyclops is supposed to be the leader of the XMEN. How hard is that. He was portrayed as Whiny and Jealous of Wolverine. Now in Avengers and even though IM/Downy is clearly the most popular it's well established that Captain freaking America is the leader of the Avengers and not Stark. Cyclops was completely knocked out of X3 and wasn't much done in X1 and 2 and I swear I saw Wolverine giving orders and was set up to be leader of he Xmen at the end on the movie. Give me a break.

Last edited:
Wolverine really was not the focus of Days of Future Past. He was a handy plot device and marketing tool, but the focus was very clearly on Xavier and Mystique.

Quicksilver imo wasn't used fantastically in DOFP, but it was a neat scene.

I don't like when directors involved in CBMs talk down the output of the other studios. Seems unprofessional

Quicksilver imo wasn't used fantastically in DOFP, but it was a neat scene.

I don't like when directors involved in CBMs talk down the output of the other studios. Seems unprofessional

Yeah I agree...for me Quicksilver's SCENE was cool. But the character itself wasn't anything special. I think in Avengers 2 we will get both a strong character and great scenes.

Lesbihonest tho, Avengers is more teen/female friendly due to the casting of good looking actors/actresses thats why its more popular than X-Men movies. But with that being said Marvel films are consistent in ways that X-Men films just aren't but maybe after DOFP things will change

Lesbihonest tho, Avengers is more teen/female friendly due to the casting of good looking actors/actresses thats why its more popular than X-Men movies. But with that being said Marvel films are consistent in ways that X-Men films just aren't but maybe after DOFP things will change

The Avengers is more teen and female friendly???? What? No Marvel hired talented actors and got the characters right and tied all the movies together nicely. You make it sound like Twilight based off your description of Avengers success. FOX had stables of comics and history to pour over. They hjad Marvel at their call to at least produce the film or have some creatine input, but no the Xfilms are terrible translations. First Class and DOFP were good films but they were bad xmen films. I'm not say everything has to be exactly like the comic. That's not possible cause their's to much history but at the very least get the characters right, don't change powers, don't throw in the Juggernaught and he has no idea who Prof X is. Don't use QS and say he's not connected to Magneto. He's his son. That's important.

Last edited:
lol whatever you say dude. you typing me a paragraph bashing Fox inst gonna make me change my opinion.

...Pretty sure a highlight of X-Men was its good looking cast even singer addressed it in X2 when he decided to put Nightcrawler in because he wanted a mutant that wasn't good looking. Jackman, Marsden, Janssen, Berry, Romijn, Park, Ashmore, Paquin are all good looking and were featured in front of various magazine covers that drew attention the x-men's hot cast. So a wealth of good looking people is not the reason why Avengers is more popular it all comes down to style and tone and Singers style and tone hasn't resonated with audiences the way Avengers has. It also doesn't help that they cover the same theme throughout every X-men movie.

Last edited:
Nobody is going crazy over any actors/actresses in the X-Men films, females love Avengers they practically throw their panties at Chris Evans, RDJ & Chris Hemsworth. Nobody's taking their panties off for Shawn Ashmore and James Marsden despite how good you think they look lmfao. Not to mention they make Black Widow a badass so now even more females are drawn to it cause they love that type of stuff. Just look on tumblr I follow a lot of chicks on there and they reblog Avengers (mostly Loki & Cap America) posts daily but never anything about X-Men

Bit rich from a directer who has 0 understanding of both X-Men and Superman.

Jesus be a another Cleopatra situation for FOX

Singer is an idiot and has proven time and time again that HE DOES NOT GET THESE CHARACTERS PERIOD!!!!!! The Xmen has done well because they were the most popular comic books and they had the successful cartoons and that drove people to see the movie desipte the jupiter size incosistencies in the movies. All these films has been Wolverine and the Xmen. The characters were just props. Singer proved he don't understand the comicverse, especially with how he handled Superman. He snatches out Kitty and revolves the story around Wolverine with DOFP??

Emma Frost: He kills off Emma Frost? Are you freaking kidding me? One of the most popular female characters in comic history and I'm not talking about just Marvel. Frost is one of the top 10. She has such a rich and complicated history and people like her but yet POOF, she's now dead. I said it before, Fox seems to just throw these characters in the movie with little to no importance but just to flash some power.

Singer's thinking is asinine. Their is not one Xmen that you could do a spin off film do to handling of them in the movieverse. No one knows or cares about them. Stark/IM was the center of his own movies and not the center in the Avengers unlike Wolverine who just seemed to rule the Xmen. Clearly Singer didn't see the Avengers to claim that Stark/RDJ is the reason for the Avengers success. AT NOT ONE TIME(Singer are you reading this)DID YOU NOT FEAL THAT CAPTAIN AMERICA WASN'T THE LEADER OF THE AVENGERS UNLIKE CYCLOPS WHO WAS JUST NOTHING AND DISPLAYED NO LEADERSHIP QUALITIES WHAT SO EVER AND CAME ACROSS AS WHINEY. I wouldn't call him an expert on anything regarding these comic films. The more this man opens his mouth the more it shows he doesn't know anything. Singer needs to go back to indie flicks and stay there.

Bless this post

Nobody is going crazy over any actors/actresses in the X-Men films, females love Avengers they practically throw their panties at Chris Evans, RDJ & Chris Hemsworth. Nobody's taking their panties off for Shawn Ashmore and James Marsden despite how good you think they look lmfao. Not to mention they make Black Widow a badass so now even more females are drawn to it cause they love that type of stuff. Just look on tumblr I follow a lot of chicks on there and they reblog Avengers (mostly Loki & Cap America) posts daily but never anything about X-Men

I was obviously comparing the hype of Avengers to that of X-Men when the first two films came out...and that was a time when they were covering every magazine and many taglines noted how "hot" the cast was. It is only fair to compare it to when the franchise/main cast was younger.

Singer's RDJ obsession trumps that of Marvel Studios and is quite ironic being on how Fox centralized their cinematic universe on the popularity of one character.
Fox should learn from Marvel instead of criticising it, they are sitting on a goldmine.

If you can make over 600 million with a Thor film you should be able to do the same with a quality Cyclops film or X-Static film and any number of teams, characters and team-ups that they could exploit.

Yes Marvel Studios has capitalized on the sex appeal of their male leads (although certain feminist will say that actually it is some male power fantasy thing and not male objectification :whatever:) but they also managed to make each of their main stars interesting instead of having them being one-dimensional background characters.

Plus don't complain about panties being thrown at the MCU guys when they somehow made a sex symbol out of Wolverine, character assasination if there ever was one.

Singer's RDJ obsession trumps that of Marvel Studios and is quite ironic being on how Fox centralized their cinematic universe on the popularity of one character.
Fox should learn from Marvel instead of criticising it, they are sitting on a goldmine.

If you can make over 600 million with a Thor film you should be able to do the same with a quality Cyclops film or X-Static film and any number of teams, characters and team-ups that they could exploit.

Yes Marvel Studios has capitalized on the sex appeal of their male leads (although certain feminist will say that actually it is some male power fantasy thing and not male objectification :whatever:) but they also managed to make each of their main stars interesting instead of having them being one-dimensional background characters.

Plus don't complain about panties being thrown at the MCU guys when they somehow made a sex symbol out of Wolverine, character assasination if there ever was one.

Amen! There is no way Singer can claim Thor is more popular then Cyclops. They are on the same level to me in terms of the general audience being familiar with them.

Yeah FOX is sitting on a gold maine. They have access to all the mutant characters and teams. Why can't an Xforce or an Xfactor have a 100 mil opening weekend and go on to make 600 or 700 million WW? Their is no way Singer or Fox can say it's not possible when Marvel did it with Thor, Captain America and Iron Man. None of these characters had the same popularity as Xmen before they came out. What about the most unknown comic team and characters then any that has ever graced the big screen, The Guardians of The Galaxy!! WHO?? How much is this movie making that no one and I mean no one has ever heard of outside of comic fans.

FOX even screwed up the Fantastic Four.

Amen! There is no way Singer can claim Thor is more popular then Cyclops. They are on the same level to me in terms of the general audience being familiar with them.

He is now. When Singer first got hold of X-Men things were different. But after Singer tearing Cyclops down and Marvel building Thor up it's no contest. Looking at their box office totals I would say that Thor, Cap and IM are all more popular than Wolverine much less any other X-Man now.

Think it's sad that he can't acknowledge the great things that Marvel have done. Yes there is competition, but that is a good thing. Everyone has to raise their game. Marvels biggest competition at the moment is with itself. GotG had to outperform TWS and Avengers 2 will have to try and be better than both.
These are no longer blockbusters that rely on big explosions, they have to have good stories, good characters and good acting. The side characters and their interactions can be just as important and interesting as the main.
Just hope if he does another film he raises his game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"