• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryan Singer to direct X-Men:First Class

Paradox1

Superhero
Reaction score
The word is out Bryan Singer is back in the fold for the X-Men franchise. His importance on the current state of comic book adaptions cannot be understated.The landscape of 1999 was far different for marvel who til Blade and X-men had their licenses waisted on half-ass scripts, and limited budgets not worthy of big box office movies. Singer isn't without his flaws his take on Superman would of been better set for the 1980's. However after X3 which is the worst of the X-men trilogy I am happy to welcome Bryan back to the franchise that is partly responsible for current landscape of movies.

I always thought bryan singer was overrated as far as the xmen franchise goes. I would be happier if they moved in another direction.

I always thought bryan singer was overrated as far as the xmen franchise goes. I would be happier if they moved in another direction.

I believe they tried that already.

^Exactly, Ratner made one of the worst CB movies ever and Hood's effort was passable at best, both were severly crocked by the studio though, but at least Singer will stand up against them.

^Exactly, Ratner made one of the worst CB movies ever and Hood's effort was passable at best, both were severly crocked by the studio though, but at least Singer will stand up against them.

And this is one of the most exaggerative statements ever.

As far as big budget CB films that people really cared about, X-3 was one of the worst ever. Not that there have been many of those kinds of films, but there has been a large sampling thus far.

As far as big budget CB films that people really cared about, X-3 was one of the worst ever. Not that there have been many of those kinds of films, but there has been a large sampling thus far.

I agree with you. Here is how I rank the comic book films I've seen since the late 90s.

Big Budget Films(150-250million)

The Dark Knight 10/10
Iron Man 9.5/10
Spider-Man 2 9/10
Superman Returns 7.5/10
Spider-Man 3 7.0/10
X-Men 3 6.0/10 Most disappointing movie I've ever seen.

Moderate Budgets(100-140million)
Watchmen 9.0/10
Spider-Man 8.7/10
X-Men 2 8.5/10
The Incredible Hulk 8.0/10
Constantine 7.5/10
The Hulk 7.0/10
Fantastic Four 6.5/10
Men in black 2 6.5/10
Ghost Rider 5.5/10
Fantastic Four 2 5.0/10
Catwoman 2/10

Low Budget(below 100million)
Sin City 8.0/10
V for Vendetta 8.0/10
Men in black 8.0/10
X-Men 7.5/10
Blade 7.5/10
Hellboy 2 7.5/10
LXG 6.5/10
Hellboy 6.0/10
Blade 2 6.0/10
Spawn 5.5/10
The Punisher 5.5/10
Blade 3 4/10
Elektra 2.5/10

Last edited:
And this is one of the most exaggerative statements ever.

Nope, its my opinion.

Yep, thats what I was saying, compared to the other big budget and successful one's, not only was X3 painfully dissapointing, but it was just an extremely poor movie as well.

Here is an update on the First Class and Magneto:

X-Men: First Class Might Supersede Magneto Spin-Off?
Source:Heat Vision
December 21, 2009

The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision Blog talked to Bryan Singer about his recent announcement that he'll direct X-Men: First Class. He says that he's working with screenwriter Jamie Moss on developing the screenplay and that he will likely shoot Jack the Giant Killer first.

Singer has an interesting quote in the interview, however, saying that the "Magneto" spin-off might not be necessary considering what they'll be doing for "First Class."

"This story would probably utilize some of the Magneto story because it deals with a young Magneto, so it might supersede that because this would explore that relationship between a young energetic professor and a disenfranchised victim of the Holocaust," said Singer.

He did add that he doesn't see an exhaustion of the franchise: "The X-Men universe is boundless. These are great characters. And as young characters, they are quite different than the characters we have seen in the contemporary movies."

You can read the full interview--in which he also discusses his relationship with 20th Century Fox, Battlestar Galactica and Excalibur--by going here.

I hope Wolverine's not in this

Me too. Jackman did a great job with the character he created, but he isn't the comic book Wolverine. I'm kind of past Wolverine and would like to see an X-adventure without him.
Singer's first two films were great...I would put X2 among the top three Marvel films so far....so I'm very happy he's back.

I think it should be Magneto and Professor leading the team

Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Emma Frost and Banshee should be the first team IMO

I think it should be Magneto and Professor leading the team

Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Emma Frost and Banshee should be the first team IMO

I would be happy with this. Though they also need to stick Moira in there.

they need to put Quicksilver and Scarlet witch up in there at the school and when the **** hits the fan with Mags, they go with him

Singer made 2 good but flawed X-Men films. I am not that excited about this film really cause his treatment of Cyclops in X1 and X2 was TERRIBLE. I hope he actually shows some understanding of Cyclops and doesn't just make him an utter jerk like he did in those films this time. He did Magneto and Xavier well, but he made Wolverine basically some wierd merger of Cyclops' good aspects and Wolverine. This bugs me about X1 and X2 (X2 in particular he throws Cyclops out of the movie...and I felt like he was looking for an excuse to do so).

Singer fans are really happy, but I'm very meh about this.

Double post...lame

You're rationalizing.

And you're ignoring the fact that many of the story elements that fans hated, they hated before Ratner every came on board, before Vaughn was ever involved. What we say in X3 was going to happen regardless of who was directing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"