No Way Home “There Are Other Ways To See” - Charlie Cox Returns As Daredevil

So many questions in my head right now on what this means.
  • Should Cox get another solo series, via Disney Plus?
  • Do they maintain the continuity established in the past three seasons on Netflix?

God, how time flies. I have such a vivid memory of waking up at 5am that one April 2015 morning when season one dropped. I was so excited to see it and i remember within MINUTES, Charlies Cox won me over and i was like “yup, this man is MATT F***IN MURDOCK.”

God, how time flies. I have such a vivid memory of waking up at 5am that one April 2015 morning when season one dropped. I was so excited to see it and i remember within MINUTES, Charlies Cox won me over and i was like “yup, this man is MATT F***IN MURDOCK.”

I remember binging watching the whole first season in one day! Made me want to see S2 immediately! Cox just really nailed it throughout the entire series.

He gave some of his best work in S3, especially in his last scene with D’Onofrio!

Thank you, Feige!!!

I will admit, I didn’t think Cox was going to return to the role after the show was first cancelled, but it’s a miracle!

Bernthal next!

I've never had Netflix. I'm happy because everyone else is :funny:

I will admit, I didn’t think Cox was going to return to the role after the show was first cancelled, but it’s a miracle!

Bernthal next!

Talking about someone who got a raw deal as much as I enjoyed the show I really do think they did Bernthal dirty with that Punisher Netflix series, especially towards the end of Season 2.

We barely got to see him as The Punisher until the very end of that season and while I was fine with how it ended at first I just can't get over how awesome it would have been to see more of him in that role.

I wish we could have at least gotten to see more interactions between him and Matt Murdock because that's what I loved the most about DD Season 2 eventhough I am aware that season itself was pretty messy overall.

I still love the show as a whole it would be cool to see both actors again in full costumes interacting or even teaming up with other darker, more grounded MCU characters like Blade or Moon Knight.

The last time we saw Charlie Cox’s Matt Murdock/Daredevil before his return in No Way Home this week:

I mean no hyperbole when I say Cox’s DD is the best superhero casting since RDJ as Iron Man or even as far back as Chris Reeve as Superman. It’s just one of those brilliant “they’re born to play this role!” castings that are quite rare. He perfectly embodied the Miller/Bendis version of the character where he was this angst ridden Catholic constantly struggling with ethics and morality and one always got a sense he was on the edge of compromising his principles for the sake of the greater good,

Which is why when his show cancelled, my heart was broken - though not as broken as the bones Kingpin constantly broke on the show - because that meant wouldn’t see anymore of him in the role, and with talk of the Netflix shows not being canon to the MCU thanks to Marvel Studios not having anything to do with them, and the Marvel television dead, I had already long come to grips to the idea that if Marvel doesn’t anything more with character it will likely be with a new actor. But then, much to my surprise they were legit reports of Charlie coming back, which made me happy, then the leaked photo of him and Feige’s subsequent confirmation of Cox’s return made me over the moon with excitement. The Man without fear is back played once again by Charlie Cox.
I’m so glad to have him back, and I hope NWH isn’t the last we see of him.

Last edited:
I'm rewatching DD s1 at the moment. Holy crap everyone is fantastic.

Charlie is definitely up there with RDJ and Reeve. Every scene is so believable, he can bring the charm and the violence. And his performance got better with each season which says something since it was so good from the first scene.

I'm rewatching DD s1 at the moment. Holy crap everyone is fantastic.

Charlie is definitely up there with RDJ and Reeve. Every scene is so believable, he can bring the charm and the violence. And his performance got better with each season which says something since it was so good from the first scene.

Re-watching DD too and yeah - Charlie Cox is absolutely amazing. So is D'Onofrio as Fisk.

Whole show still holds up on a re-watch - love it!

Talking about someone who got a raw deal as much as I enjoyed the show I really do think they did Bernthal dirty with that Punisher Netflix series, especially towards the end of Season 2.

We barely got to see him as The Punisher until the very end of that season and while I was fine with how it ended at first I just can't get over how awesome it would have been to see more of him in that role.

I wish we could have at least gotten to see more interactions between him and Matt Murdock because that's what I loved the most about DD Season 2 eventhough I am aware that season itself was pretty messy overall.

I still love the show as a whole it would be cool to see both actors again in full costumes interacting or even teaming up with other darker, more grounded MCU characters like Blade or Moon Knight.
The Daredevil Punisher stuff is my favourite part of the show. I love seeing their slightly different approach to situations and where Daredevil draws the line. I would so love to see them together in something and it’s a shame we didn’t get even more.

The Daredevil Punisher stuff is my favourite part of the show. I love seeing their slightly different approach to situations and where Daredevil draws the line. I would so love to see them together in something and it’s a shame we didn’t get even more.
The first four episodes of season 2 are some of my favorite superhero content ever made. Bernthal should've won an award for his monologue at the end of that arc.

DD season 2 gets a bad rap. Yeah there's more lulls in the pacing and it's less focused on what it's doing but when it hit it still really hit. Also as a big DD fan you couldn't get me to be not grinning seeing DD and Elektra fighting a buncha Hand ninjas or having moral conflicts with the Punisher in brilliantly shot and written segments or Kingpin in prison owning everybody. Plus it's a full season of DD wearing his costume for real lol.

I agree, Spidey_62. Season 2 was the weakest critically but maybe the most enjoyable as a fan.

Honestly, seeing Charlie back as Matt is easily the main thing I am excited for in No Way Home. I wish this was a street level team up with DD instead of a multiverse movie (I detest the idea of the multiverse becoming so integral to the Spider-Man mythology, but alas).

I agree, Spidey_62. Season 2 was the weakest critically but maybe the most enjoyable as a fan.

Honestly, seeing Charlie back as Matt is easily the main thing I am excited for in No Way Home. I wish this was a street level team up with DD instead of a multiverse movie (I detest the idea of the multiverse becoming so integral to the Spider-Man mythology, but alas).
Hopefully if we get another MCU Spidey trilogy one of the movies is focused on Spidey and DD teaming up against Kingpin. Aside from fan art of the three Spidey's teaming up for years, I think the runner-up in terms of amount of fan art was of MCU Spidey and Daredevil together- so I have to imagine Kevin Feige's aware of the many fans who wanna see that someday too. For now it's a good little acknowledgement and the setup is there then for a future teamup in their costumed identities if they decide to do one.

Johnny Storm and Matt Murdock are Peter's two best superhero pals, if we got more of Peter and Matt hanging out and Johnny ribbing on Peter the MCU - well, that'd be nice.

There is a leaked pic of him out there with Peter, May and Happy sitting at a table. Suffice to say, he's 100% in the movie even if just for one brief scene.

Cox is confirmed to be playing MCU's Daredevil and that's about the only official confirmation at this point.

Kevin Feige says that if Daredevil was to show up in the MCU, he would be played by Charlie Cox.

Apparently he is only in one scene and it’s after Spidey is cleared I assume? That’s kind of strange. Shouldn’t there be a scene where he introduces himself?

Apparently he is only in one scene and it’s after Spidey is cleared I assume? That’s kind of strange. Shouldn’t there be a scene where he introduces himself?
That could’ve been written in the draft somewhere, or even filmed but it might’ve been cut for pacing purposes. Though admittedly I would’ve dug a scene of Matt meeting Peter and deciding to take his case after determining he wasn’t lying by listening to his heartbeat. Just like comics Daredevil always does as a way to ascertain whether someone is lying or not. That would’ve been cool.

On the matter of Daredevil season 2, I think its not *as* bad as some say, but its a definite step down from season 1. OTOH, season 1 was a notable highpoint in cinematic superheroes, period, so this is kind of praising with faint damnation. *ahem*

IMO, everything having to do with the Punisher was great, both the initial four episode "Daredevil vs Punisher" mini-arc, and the later Trial of the Punisher subplot. The Hand/Elektra subplot, by contrast. . . well, it wasn't all bad. I actually think this was the last point where the Hand were actually decent, in terms of coming off both threatening and inscrutably horrifying. Elektra. . . mostly suffered for being a somewhat empty Femme Fatale stereotype that never was invested with enough life to transcend that basic cliche, and whose main role in the story was "Show up and encourage Matt to do something stupid and self-destructive". Which was probably intentional, but still wasn't pleasant or fun to watch, and mostly had me going "Could you go away so we could go back to the much more interesting Frank Castle stuff?"

I think DD can work in a PG-13 setting. In fact I think most Netflix characters can work in a PG-13 setting. I can't see Punisher working in a PG-13 setting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"