• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

10.21-22 - Finale - Discussion (Spoilers) [SERIES FINALE] V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this posted? apologies if it's a repost.

http://www.examiner.com/tv-insider-...nd-with-the-promise-of-lots-of-new-beginnings

First and foremost, regardless of who has come and gone over the years, the finale is truly Clark (Tom Welling)'s story. That means that yes, we will see him fly (or at least hover, as the case may be), and of course we will see the iconic Superman suit. Look for the latter to have a pivotal moment that seems to come in the last five minutes of the finale, along with some very emotional John Williams score (could we expect anything less!?).

John William's score!!! YESS!!!

I'm gonna be honest, I never really liked the John Williams theme. It just never appealed to me. But I'm glad they're using it nonetheless. It will definitely shut the mouths of the most psychotic Superman fans who for years treat Smallville as nothing more than a joke. Well what better proof of the show's credibility and how much good did to the Superman legacy, than by using the Superman theme? ;)

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about Apokolips appearing in Earth's orbit............... up until a few days ago I thought the extent of Darkseid's intrusion was simply his mental invasion of most humans. A full sized planet appearing beside us in space is a BIG THING PEOPLE!! :D

The effects look good so far too - wish we had a HD version of that Canadian promo though.

QUESTION | Having just seen a snippet from the finale, it’s safe to say it was huge undertaking with tons of story to tell. How would you describe it?
Souders: It’s two hours, jampacked. You don’t feel like you’re just waiting for the last two minutes of the episode.
Ill say this right now 2 minutes of clark as Superman is a big fail not with the ten year build up and certainly not with the way the story is going.
Juding by way the season is going,the best way for Clark to make his public debut would be with him saving the world from Darkseid as Superman publicly.I really cant see how that can be done in two minutes.But they could prove me wrong

I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion about Apokolips appearing in Earth's orbit............... up until a few days ago I thought the extent of Darkseid's intrusion was simply his mental invasion of most humans. A full sized planet appearing beside us in space is a BIG THING PEOPLE!! :D

The effects look good so far too - wish we had a HD version of that Canadian promo though.

Of course it's big, it's huge, movie like huge.

apokolips.png

You'll hardly see any series finales going to such great lengths today, yet some people still have the gutts to complain. As it usually is when having such arrogance, they think they know better. They obviously don't.

Last edited:
Well at least they seem to be preparing people to be disappointed over how much we see the suit

Apokolips looks awesome, can't wait to see it in HD on Friday. But like I said before, I'm only hoping that Apokolips is not Darkseid's physical form lol. We gotta see him damn it!

It's Smallville. You can only be prepared for disappointment & maybe once in a while be pleasantly surprised. But its mostly disappointment

Well at least they seem to be preparing people to be disappointed over how much we see the suit

Yeah, they pretty much admitted it's the last 5 minute. Last 5! I've waited 10 yeas to see him as superman for 5 minutes!

You know what, in all farness to the show I think a few years ago almost every fan would have been fine with ending on a shirt rip. You know shirt rip close up on the S credits. But this season they teased us greatly with the suite, and with the home comming episode and all that jazz that we want a bit more than the shirt rip. And more than him standing there in the suite with the theme playing.

Maybe I'm just being unfair. idk.

I think if another planet were to pop up right next to earth then the gravitational and force situation alone would do us all in, but hey, I'll suspend my disbelief of course.

Why are we whining about this again.

I thought we all understood we wouldn't get a whole episode, or heck, even fifteen minutes with the suit. Five minutes is all I've been expecting, and I'll be fine with that. This show wasn't about him as Superman, it was about him getting there. Getting five minutes of the suit is all we need to realize that that journey has ended and a new one has begun. :D

I think if another planet were to pop up right next to earth then the gravitational and force situation alone would do us all in, but hey, I'll suspend my disbelief of course.

Just did the math assuming Apokolips is roughly the same size as Earth and using approximate masses and lengths. Now, in reality, the gravitational force would cause the two planets to collide, but if Darkseid is a god, I'm assuming he can control where he wants his planet. If the surfaces are 1500 km apart (I figured a reasonable estimate), then gravity for someone on earth closest to the planet would be reduced to 35%. For someone on the opposite side of earth, gravity would be increased very little, due to the larger distance (much less than 0.1%).

But if someone isn't happy with the planets being 1500 km apart, then I'll assume they're 500 km apart to humor that person. In that case, gravity on Earth would be reduced to approximately 14% of its original value.

Now I could also do the math to see how fast you'd have to be propelled from Earth to fall onto Apokolips, but that'd take a while, because you'd be confined to two radius-dependent gravitational potentials, and I don't feel like it.

Just did the math assuming Apokolips is roughly the same size as Earth and using approximate masses and lengths. Now, in reality, the gravitational force would cause the two planets to collide, but if Darkseid is a god, I'm assuming he can control where he wants his planet. If the surfaces are 1500 km apart (I figured a reasonable estimate), then gravity for someone on earth closest to the planet would be reduced to 35%. For someone on the opposite side of earth, gravity would be increased very little, due to the larger distance (much less than 0.1%).

But if someone isn't happy with the planets being 1500 km apart, then I'll assume they're 500 km apart to humor that person. In that case, gravity on Earth would be reduced to approximately 14% of its original value.

Now I could also do the math to see how fast you'd have to be propelled from Earth to fall onto Apokolips, but that'd take a while, because you'd be confined to two radius-dependent gravitational potentials, and I don't feel like it.

A Smallville physics discussion? Where's Hulk and Pat when you need them?!

;)

.................I was just about to make the exact same post! :cwink:

Can you do the math which shows the probability of the real world physics of this mattering one iota, given that we're watching a show about a flying (well, soon) alien who poses as a human and shoot fire from his eyes? :D

Honestly I dont care for how long hes Superman in the finale.What i really care about is what Superman is doing in the finale.Superman has to be the one to stop the Apoliklips and the world must see him do it thus cementing the idea of him being earths greatest hero.

Can't we all just ............................................ get along?

We're all equally looking forward to seeing the finale, some people just have different expectations than others. And that's fine, doesn't mean anyone's opinion is any more relevant than anyone else's. No-one has seen it yet so none of us are really in a position to shoot down someone else's opinion.

We're all equally looking forward to seeing the finale, some people just have different expectations than others. And that's fine, doesn't mean anyone's opinion is any more relevant than anyone else's. No-one has seen it yet so none of us are really in a position to shoot down someone else's opinion.

Agreed

QFT! :up:

So...Do you guys think that he'll reveal himself to the world? I know the letters promo showed people cheering, but still. If so, do you think it'll be while he's wearing the Superman costume, or the Blur outfit?

It's hard to know.

To me - logically - ................. it should be the Superman outfit.

I mean, if the Blur saves the day then decides to put on the red & blue outfit after the big event, it won't have quite the same impact.

But for the Blur to suddenly reveal his face and his 'look' (i.e. the suit and cape) just before saving the planet? Perfect way to both introduce himself and also to show he is Earth's protector, not it's enemy.

However to do so would likely take up more than a few mins of screentime, and nothing we've heard or read so far suggests that we'll be seeing that much of the Superman suit at all. So it will be interesting to see what approach they take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"