10.21-22 - Finale - Discussion (Spoilers) [SERIES FINALE] V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, the finale itself (with the exception of the last minute) was a tad unsatisfying, but Seasons 9 and 10 were an outstanding way to go out. If you're feeling disappointed by the finale, just picture Clark as Superman instead of "the Blur," and you've got what you're looking for.

Why does everyone think Welling is some evil mastermind who made sure not to be seen in the suit? If the guy was so averse to being seen in full Superman costume, why would he be in talks with Marvel about playing another superhero?

This I'm also curious about. Who might he be playing?

I am satisfied with the finale :up:

It was a T-shirt, i wear superman tshirts all the time. I want a full superman costume, damnit!!! argh i guess i have to wait for the Man of Steel now.

:rolleyes: It wasnt a t-shirt. Look at it again, you can see the texture on it.

I'd give that finale the same grade I give the series as a whole.

C

Just average. Anything good was almost completely cancelled out by something bad.

Come on guys it's a tv show budget!

Can't we all for once just enjoy the episode!

A+ to the writers, thanks to Michael for coming back too!

Remember what was said! It is easier to hate then love!

The lack of action didn't bother me.

The 90 minutes spent on soap opera theatrics that have been beaten to death for ten years did.

In the comics, when Lex got elected president Superman flew right through Saturn. Would have been nice to see...

I had a tear of joy during the last shot!,I thought Clark/Superman in space was the last shot of Welling since it cut to the comic.

Jimmy/Perry's voice/Bumbling Clark Kent with the glasses and Lex being elected president(exactly predicted as in S2)was f'n great then the John Williams theme/Clark all heroic in slow-mo with the shirt ripping as the big S came on.....Instant happy tears!!

The only part I was not fond of was Lex losing his memories. If Lois could know then why couldn't Lex? Everything that had happened in Smallville to Lex gave the character depth and they took it away in an instant. I did love that Tess killed Lionel and Lex killed Tess. That was very Shakespearean of them.

one of my complaints is that when Clark Kent is in his disguise as the nerdy Clark Kent, his hair doesn't change :(. Glasses isn't the only thing that is different, I think is also his hair

Mixed on it.

Honestly, the writing was atrocious in some places. Homecoming, the 200th episode, that was a brilliantly written episode that could have been the perfect end to the series. This felt more like a culmination of all of the filler of this season with some shots of a CGI Superman thrown in to add a sense of completion, and the show's attempt to try to go all-out with stuff that their budget couldn't pull off. But even so, the ideas were there, and they were executed. And it was nice to see as many people come back as they did, and it was certainly a treat to hear the Williams theme playing as he went off to save the day. So in that respect, the actual "ending" itself fulfilled it's obligation. Clark is Superman, the journey or whatever is over.

But wow. Wow, was there alot of stuff they should've just shelved, or could have improved upon with some last minute rewrites. And not even in a way of "He needs to wear the suit", though that was certainly disappointing. But they could have just avoided the Lionel thing entirely by having Darkseid disappear as RushedCGIman pushed Apokolips away, still doing the good part of that scene in it's place - which was Clark seeing his past accomplishments and flying for the first time.

Just... I don't know. I guess I expected more after the 200th did such a great job of moving Clark forward and hinting just enough at his future. And there were great ideas, don't get me wrong, but there were plenty of bad ones too.

A little disappointment there at the end, but then again, I knew not to expect him fully in the suit. Though I think he wore the actual shirt/top half that Jonathan gave him

Other than that though, I enjoyed it and the look back moments. I guess a Lex mindwipe makes sense for the better, but glad that Lois wasn't affected by one. And I guess the special cameo was Jimmy, though it sounds like Mckean did some audio for it.

It wasn't perfect, but good for what the show has always been, so 9/10.

The show averages a couple million viewers a week they're not going to give Smallville a "Lost Finale" size budget for it's finale. I knew Welling wouldn't go all out and actually wear the suit in it's entirety.

:rolleyes: It wasnt a t-shirt. Look at it again, you can see the texture on it.

I'll have to wait til its online or something, i duno man. Maybe i had too high of hopes based off what Welling was saying, i expected a full shot. But i wanted more than cgi shots and a close up on his shirt. And it looks like they didnt even have an actual SR suit for Welling, the suit Jonathan was holding looked terrible.

There. Will be deleted scenes on the DVD remember guys!

Sure full body suit shot is on it

Another gripe - I know. You'd think I hated the episode, but I really didn't. Anyway, I didn't like the execution of the "embrace your past" storyline. Last episode, Jor-El outlined pretty clearly that taking his destiny into his own hands was exactly what Clark needed to do, and they proceeded to spend 45 minutes reprimanding him for doing it. I get what they were trying to say, but it was approached all wrong.

I haven't seen the finale yet and will probably be disappointed with the CG shots but I can't help but be amused that the haters at Supermanhomepage are actually showing more love and support for the finale than some of the supposed true Smallville fans around here. Just sayin'.
Even if I do get disappointed I'll blame it mostly on budget and on the new film and Snyder/Nolan more than I will ever blame Tom Welling who has been excited about that last scene (and talking about it more than any other scene on the finale) and has been always open to playing Superman at a movie.
Want to blame someone ? Blame the guys that NEVER asked him to do a Superman movie.

Another gripe - I know. You'd think I hated the episode, but I really didn't. Anyway, I didn't like the execution of the "embrace your past" storyline. Last episode, Jor-El outlined pretty clearly that taking his destiny into his own hands was exactly what Clark needed to do, and they proceeded to spend 45 minutes reprimanding him for doing it. I get what they were trying to say, but it was approached all wrong.

Good points, I agree.

And holy hell, where have you been?! :wow:

As much as the show annoyed me many times in the last 10 years. I'm really going to miss it.

:csad:

I still can't believe all the people in here tonight! Awesome to see gotta say :)

I hope next year we all can unite for the future of the franchise!

:)

This episode made no sense.
Apokalipse was in earth orbit and no one seemed concerned...Until it became relevant to the plot for them to be concerned.
Darkseid resurrected Lex for what purpose?
2 completely useless recaps...one for clark and one for lex.
Clark takes out Darkseid zombie lionel and then instead of taking out the planet bringing about impending doom...Clark goes to Jor-el for a heart to heart????
Superman pushing Apokalipse away real fast

I'm happy with the finale! There was Superman, Chloe and Oliver still married with the kid, Clois still not married after 7 years LOL, Tess action, Martha, lots of Lana memories! Great finale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"