2008 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
O whatever, throw him into the HOF. As long as the Eagles keep choking, i'll be a very happy person

They lost today, but did choke so....if anything they put up a fight at least being down 18 at one point. They'll eventually break through......the last offseason we lost in the NFC Championship game we went out and got the two best free agents in Kearse and Owens(Owens by trade). I think there going to go after Housh, and an impact Safety. Plus they have two first round picks.

Two points sounds fair to me.

So two points for a win. How about one or two points for the closest score? The players with 6 points need 4 to pass you. I think it would be fair to award the person with the closest score with two points.

Donovan McNabb is one of the most underrated, under-appreciated great quarterbacks in NFL history. HOF definitely, but I don't think he'll ever get that ring.

Joe Flacco has been majorly impressive all season, but that Steelers D is just too fast, too good. At least the Ravens finally have a quarterback of note.

Also, Larry Fitz! That guy's perfect. I would kill three or four people to have him in a Giants uniform.

So two points for a win. How about one or two points for the closest score? The players with 6 points need 4 to pass you. I think it would be fair to award the person with the closest score with two points.

Honestly, this is what I think would be the most fair:
Each remaining participant gets a point for picking the Super Bowl winner, but if you pick the wrong team, you are eliminated. Picking the game's score would break ties. Under this system, you are rewarding people for doing better throughout the playoffs, but you are still giving everyone who still remains a chance to win.

McNabb will get in the HoF. He has the numbers and they're only going to get better. Not having a big time reciever helps his case as well.

Hell no Mcnabb ain't a HoFer... was he one of the best QB's of his time? No... that would be Peyton, Brady, Warner, Farve... no one else is in the same league right now. Go back to the nineties... you had Marino, Elway, Aikman, Young. And they did put Jim Kelly in there, but the guy was borderline at best. They only put him in there because of the AFC dominance... something which Mcnabb has never done, spare one Superbowl appearance.

Would Flacco have won Rookie of the Year if it wasn't for the season Matt Ryan had?

Honestly, this is what I think would be the most fair:
Each remaining participant gets a point for picking the Super Bowl winner, but if you pick the wrong team, you are eliminated. Picking the game's score would break ties. Under this system, you are rewarding people for doing better throughout the playoffs, but you are still giving everyone who still remains a chance to win.

So you want to reset all the points to just zero? Then who picks the Super Bowl winner gets a point and the posters who pick the wrong team are eliminated?

No, Chris Johnson or Steve Slaton would have won it.

Btw McNabb has the 2nd best pass-attempt-to-interception ratio EVER behind only Lord Brady.

Steelers have been in two of the last four Super Bowls. One more in the next couple years and I think we've knocked New England out as the newest Dynasty of this millenium. :woot:

Ok, lets not go too far just yet.

So you want to reset all the points to just zero? Then who picks the Super Bowl winner gets a point and the posters who pick the wrong team are eliminated?

No. I'm talking about adding a point to existing totals. That's how you would reward people for accumulative performance. But you would be eliminated for picking the wrong team. That's how you make it possible for all of the remaining participants to have a shot.

No. I'm talking about adding a point to existing totals. That's how you would reward people for accumulative performance. But you would be eliminated for picking the wrong team. That's how you make it possible for all of the remaining participants to have a shot.

Alright. So if you pick the wrong team then you're eliminated.

Alright. So if you pick the wrong team then you're eliminated.

Yes.

(Unless, I guess, we all pick the wrong team. But the odds are incredibly against that. At least one person is going to pick the Steelers and at least one person is going to pick the Cardinals.)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever had as great of a decade run as Kurt Warner? My god.

- 4 Pro Bowl Appearances
- 2 MVP Trophies
- A Super Bowl MVP
- Super Bowl Champion

The Legend of Kurt Warner will come full circle if he wins another championship.

- 4 Pro Bowl Appearances
- 2 MVP Trophies
- A Super Bowl MVP
- Super Bowl Champion

The Legend of Kurt Warner will come full circle if he wins another championship.

Yes. Off the top of my head, Brett Favre:
5x Pro Bowl selection (1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997,)
3x All-Pro selection (1995, 1996, 1997)
3x AP NFL MVP (1995–1997)
Super Bowl champion (XXXI)

And there are others. But no one has done it as dramatically as Warner.

Yes.

(Unless, I guess, we all pick the wrong team. But the odds are incredibly against that. At least one person is going to pick the Steelers and at least one person is going to pick the Cardinals.)

I guess we can do this. Although some people already know what people's picks are gonna be. I think there needs to be another point bonus somewhere in here.

edit: Nevermind. This will work perfect.

Last edited:

- 4 Pro Bowl Appearances
- 2 MVP Trophies
- A Super Bowl MVP
- Super Bowl Champion

Peyton has 8 pro bowls, 3 mvps, super bowl mvp and super bowl title.

So...

Peyton has 8 pro bowls, 3 mvps, super bowl mvp and super bowl title.

So...

And funny commercials.

But Warner has had a pretty good run himself. Not even Brett "ESPN Loves Me" Favre can say that.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Anquan Boldin is a Jackass
by Mike Freeman
CBS Sports Community

He tried to ruin the Super Bowl celebration with his childishness.
In the game, Boldin got into a heated argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley. After the game, instead of celebrating with his team, Boldin abruptly left the field, then abruptly left the locker room.
It was awful behavior.
Quarterback Kurt Warner also got into an argument with Haley during the game but you didn't see Warner acting like a petulant child afterwards. He celebrated with his teammates and enjoyed the moment.
I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl.
What Boldin did almost never happens.
Congratulations on making history, Anquan.

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/13040597

Warner played in the weaker conference... 1999-2001 was weak competition... you basically the Titans/Jaguars tops in the AFC the year the Rams won it... Manning was a second year player at the time. In the NFC it was basically the Bucs/Vikings... not terrible teams... but not great teams at the time either.

I guess we can do this. Although some people already know what people's picks are gonna be. I think there needs to be another point bonus somewhere in here.

What does that matter? You need to pick the winning team or you are gone. Who other people pick is inconsequential at that point.

I didn't hear about what he did afterwards, but he almost got into a fight with Haley during the game. They didn't use Boldin much at all today.

Whisenhunt will be throwing out the first pitch on opening day of the Diamondbacks in April.

Also, probably "Arizona Cardinals Day" during a Diamondbacks game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"