2013 Primetime Emmy Nominations and Awards

Lol, can't wait to see what Colbert the character does about his award.

How long has it been since something other than The Daily Show won Variety Series?

ETA: The answer to my own question is a whopping 11 years. Letterman won in 2002, and it's been The Daily Show ever since...until tonight.

Last edited:
The Hour wins Writing in Mini-series, movie, or special.

Still annoyed that there won't be another season of The Hour. Loved that series.

Best choregraphing should have gone to Arrow, it should have been nominated. the choreographed fight scenes in that are the best on tv. Best comedy writing should have gone to the last episode of The Office. It was the perfect finale

James Cromwell. I loved that creepy Nazi mad scientist. :up:

James Cromwell wins Supporting Actor in Mini-series or Movie for American Horror Story

Best choregraphing should have gone to Arrow, it should have been nominated. the choreographed fight scenes in that are the best on tv.
Nikita's had better fights than Arrow, imo. To me, the latter skates by too often with shaky-cam and low/strobe-lighting to make stuff look cool.

Last edited:
For some reason I was expecting the violinist to break out into The Rains of Castamere at any moment.

New spinoff idea: Gibbs and Pembleton team up and stop crime. All of it. Everywhere.

The same can be said for Jeff Daniels. I have a really hard time imagining, of all the nominees, anyone looking at Daniels and being like "Oh yeah. There's a winner." Seriously, Cranston, Spacey, Hamm, Lewis and the guy from Downton Abbey, and they choose Jeff Daniels?

I wouldn't compare Parsons to Daniels. Firstly, I'd say Daniels is at least competent at his job. Parsons is not. He is only on the ballot to pay some credence to the networks. Second, Daniels > Lewis.

That being said....I can't help but wonder if this is a result of such a split between all of the more talented actors. When you are splitting votes between Spacey, Cranston and Hamm or Bateman, Baldwin, Cheadle, LeBlanc, and C.K., it could have allowed for lesser actors, whom the old guard (in Parson's case, those who still defend traditional sitcoms/don't get the higher concept comedies), to create a minority-majority.

Soderbergh wins for Directing for Mini or movie for Behind the Candelebra.

Ellen Burstyn wins for Supporting Actress for Mini-series or Movie.

On a brighter side, good for Bobby Cannavale. I know a lot of people were rooting for Dinklage, Banks and Paul, and any would be a good choice...but Cannavale deserves it. The man was a total force of nature on Boardwalk Empire. He played the Gyp Rossetti character so well. Boardwalk had a very tall order in creating a villain to top Jimmy and the Commodore, but Cannavale just stole the show in every scene he was in. It is well deserved.

I was rooting for other people in Lead Actress in a Comedy, Supporting Actor in a Comedy, and Supporting Actor in a Drama, but Veep and Boardwalk Empire are shows I'd be all over if I had HBO.

Michael Douglas wins for Lead Actor in Mini-series or Movie.

I was rooting for other people in Lead Actress in a Comedy, Supporting Actor in a Comedy, and Supporting Actor in a Drama, but Veep and Boardwalk Empire are shows I'd be all over if I had HBO.

Cannavale was truly amazing on Boardwalk. Paul already has his fair share and will probably get another one next year. Dinklage will get many opportunities. Cannavale would probably never get another shot. I know the same can be said about Banks, but he didn't deserve an Emmy. Mike was a really cool character and an absolute bad ass. But he was a one trick pony. It was an easy character to play and Banks didn't really deserve an Emmy for the role. Cannavale did.

Behind the Candelabra wins for Mini-series or Movie.

The Emmys' ***** for Modern Family continues...

Like the show, but the Emmys really need to stop being so damn monogamous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"