2018 NFL Thread: Marrying Your Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
Alright, the new league season starts tomorrow, so we're starting up a new thread. Mostly just so we can begin adjusting to the strange new world in which we live where the Philadelphia Eagles are Super Bowl Champions.

Here's a summary of all free agent signings/trades thus far:

QB Kirk Cousins (WAS) to the Vikings (3 yrs, $84 million GUARANTEED!)

QB Case Keenum (MIN) to the Broncos

LB Devon Kennard (NYG) to the Lions

DT Haloti Ngata (DET) to the Eagles

QB Drew Brees resigns with the Saints (2 yrs $50 million)

WR Sammy Watkins (LAR) to the Chiefs

WR Allen Robinson (JAX) to the Bears

QB Sam Bradford (MIN) to the Cardinals

QB Teddy Bridgewater (MIN) to the Jets (maybe) (LOL)

WR Danny Amendola (NE) to the Dolphins

TE Jimmy Graham (SEA) to the Packers

Packers release WR Jordy Nelson :eek:

Last edited:
You forgot Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor to Browns in trades. Wasn't Alex Smith traded, as well?

You forgot Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor to Browns in trades. Wasn't Alex Smith traded, as well?

yeah I knew those but since they were trades that happened in the old league season and were discussed in the 2017 thread I didnt want to rehash.

Busy day....

DT Mo Wilkerson (NYJ) to the Packers

CB Trumaine Johnson (LAR) to sign with the Jets

QB Josh McCown resigns with the Jets (LOL)

WR John Brown (ARZ) signs with the Ravens

RB Isaiah Crowell (CLE) signs with the Jets

CB Malcolm Butler (NE) will sign with the Titans

RB Jonathan Stewart (CAR) signs with the Giants

Matt Moore signs with Patriots. Brady immediately announces retirement.

And we're off.....

RB Dion Lewis (NE) signs with the Titans

RB Carlos Hyde (SF) signs with the Browns

RB Jerrick McKinnon (MIN) signs with the 49ers

LB Nigel Bradham resigns with the Eagles

CB DJ Hayden (DET) signs with the Jaguars

DT Joe Thomas (CLE) retires - He played with TWENTY (20!) different QB's in his 11 years.

DT Ndamukong Suh (MIA) will be released

TE Eric Ebron (DET) will be released.

TE Julius Thomas (MIA) released

RB Rex Burkhead resigns with the Patriots

Last edited:
jordy nelson to oakland, oakland releases crabtree

bummed about stewart leaving carolina but i think it's cool peppers is coming back

Bad move by Chucky swapping Crabtree for Nelson

nelson is a better WR than crabtree imo. crabtree drops more passes than i would like

Jets sign Terrelle Pryor.

They've now basically signed the entirety of the offensive skill players form the 2016 Browns. (McCown, Crowell. Pryor). That team went 1-15 BTW

Dolphins signed Brock Osweiler,lol

Bradford probably should announce his retirement and Russell Wilson should hold out until Pete Caroll and the front office gives him an all pro oline

If you thought pass interference was unevenly enforced and had too big of an impact on games, wait until the NFL tries to enforce this new "lowering the helmet" rule. The motivation is noble, but it's going to be a fiasco when it's actually implemented.

If you thought pass interference was unevenly enforced and had too big of an impact on games, wait until the NFL tries to enforce this new "lowering the helmet" rule. The motivation is noble, but it's going to be a fiasco when it's actually implemented.

Yeah guys like Fournette who often on almost every long run lowers his helmet will practically become obsolete with this new rule, I can see this rule becoming a problem especially at the goal line.

Yeah guys like Fournette who often on almost every long run lowers his helmet will practically become obsolete with this new rule, I can see this rule becoming a problem especially at the goal line.

The "targeting" rule in college football became more controversial with each passing week. Like the NFL change, the motive was just, but the devil was in the details. The criteria seemed to change every week as to how this would be fairly officiated:

“no player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder.”

Defenders would make tackles for which the contact was altered by a move that the ball carrier made in the split second prior to a collision. Key players were getting kicked out of games when replays showed that their initial intent was a legal tackle.

The sport by nature, is a hard game to legislate...im not sure what honestly can be done to protect players from themselves; and yet, preserve the nature, integrity, and the very essence of the game.

Johnny Manziel said:
“If Cleveland did any of their homework, they would have known that I was a guy that didn’t come in every day and watch film. I was a guy that didn’t really know the X’s and O’s of football,” said Manziel. “Nobody was there, like helping me go over the X’s and O’s, and it was hard. I struggled.”

He makes a great point. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"