2019 Hype Awards Ceremony Thread

Now let's get to the Popular selection. As voted on by you, the Hype Community.

The nominees are...

@DarthSkywalker
@terry78
@The Batman
@The Joker

And the final member of the Hypertime Class of 2019 is...

Congrats to the final member of the 2019 Class!!!! :)
This one was inevitable, just a matter of time. @terry78 has been contributing consistently since I first joined and has deservedly been nominated for this in past years. Certainly about time everything he has added over the years was formally recognised. @terry78 is a pillar of the Hype. :cool:

Also it was a very competitive field. I'm sure this great list of nominees will all ascend over the next few years. :up:

Last edited:
Keep coming back and spreading the good word bro. :up: I mean contractually - there is a John Wick contract out on you if you miss 2 consecutive days. Fear everyone!

Also copying my tribute from the committee thread:

"@Spider-Fan totally deserving. One of the modern-day leaders of the Hype and at the heart of many of the big events, while also having a solid history which is appropriate for a Hypetime award. Great all round contributor and poster who knows how to have discussions in a positive way."

It was almost an oversight that @Spider-Fan wasn't put forward earlier. I blame the dumb new Member's list which hides nearly everyone except those with the most posts. But as with Scorsese, the Hype eventually got it right. :cool:

Posts like this really brighten my day :hrt:

Next we move on to those with the "It" factor going for them. I am old fashioned, so we'll start with ladies first...

It Girl 2019

We may not know what "it" is, but these nominees are the ladies we know clearly have "it"

Our nominees are...

@ComicChick
@flickchick85
@LibidoLoca
@MissMarvelous87
@Snow Queen

And the winner is...

I am sorry, the winners are

View attachment 31201 View attachment 31203

Congrats!!! :)
Now let's move on to the boys...

It Boy 2019

Like the ladies, the gents exemplify that same "it" quality!

The nominees are...

@DarthSkywalker
@Hunter Rider
@KRYPTON INC.
@Pink Ranger
@Roose Bolton

And the winner is....

Congrats!!!! :)
True Pair of the year @DarthSkywalker & @Snow Queen win both It Boy and It Girl ahead of favourite for both awards @Reek. This is the official tiebreaker for Pair of the Year so @Reek's reign is now over, time for the tears to start and congrats to the new champs!

We have 1 more award....

Poster of the Year

This award is special. Unlike the other awards, this one is entirely done with Write-In voting. I like it that way because it keeps the field wide open for everyone!!!! I won this award last year, but spoiler alert...there is a new Poster of the Year!!!

Who is it?

The winner is....

Going to be revealed next post!!!!

:devil:
Our Poster of the Year is!!!!

View attachment 31205
@flickchick85

Congrats flick! This award could not have gone to a better poster :up:
I love that despite Poster of the Year being a blind vote, I did the double and called it right both years since it was included (as requested by the visionary @Iceman). The Hype picking the same names shows that this great community agree with what qualities are important in the very best posters that make this place what it is.

2018 was @Spider-Fan's time and 2019 has been all about @flickchick85. These are the kinds of posters who contribute all year round all over the forum, add to the excitement and fun of upcoming genre fare, engage well even on difficult topics and make this place worth coming to for everyone else. In my mind no one can touch @flickchick85 this year on all these aspects. I didn't have to think twice when it came to my pick for this award.

Hype Champion 2019 @flickchick85, I salute you. :cool:

@Iceman @DarthSkywalker @Snow Queen

Go to sleep tonight... I dare you.
j5N2v5b.gif

Sorry I had to work during the ceremony, but wow, y'all. Thanks for these. My heart just grew 3 sizes.

Congrats to all the other winners, all very well-deserved. @Snow Queen , you had my vote and I could not imagine a better person to share the It Girl award with! And a very special congrats AND thank you to @Spider-Fan for keeping these awards going. Your induction into the Hype hall of fame was long overdue!:wowe::wowe::wowe:

way to go Meryl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"