2018 SHH Hype Awards Ceremony Thread

Congratulations to all of the winners. All well deserved wins.

Also good job on setting this up. To be honest, this is the first Hype Awards I've followed. It was because of your hard work.

Thank you! I appreciate that :) It was my honor to keep this ship afloat this year :up: I had a lot more fun organizing this than I thought I was going to. This never really felt like work to me.

Congratulations to all of the winners. All well deserved wins.

Also good job on setting this up. To be honest, this is the first Hype Awards I've followed. It was because of your hard work.
Thanks, and
92178.gif

Our next stop is Most Helpful Poster of the Year. We all come and go all day on the hype, but these posters go out of their way to help their common hypsters with whatever they need.

And the nominees are...

2018 Most Helpful Poster of the Year
@C. Lee
@Kane52630
@Iceman
@SniperHF
@Spider-Aziz

And the award goes to...

Congratulations!!!!
Thanks guys.....I didn't expect this. Sorry I wasn't around this evening for the ceremony, but we were taking care of some stuff for my mother in law. Congrats to all the other winners too.

Next, we're also going to give out another special award that was recently added. I thank @Spider-Aziz for inventing the Vartha Award. This award is bittersweet, as Vartha was a wonderful part of this community. He's still dearly missed, and this award is very much dedicated to his memory now and forever.

And the nominees are...

@Batmannerism
@flickchick85
@Iceman
@Spider-Aziz
@Spider-Fan
@squeekness

And the winner is...

We have 2 winners for this award, actually. Voting was a tie.

View attachment 19567 View attachment 19569

@flickchick85 & @Spider-Fan

First off, congratulations to you as well flick. You very much deserve this award. This award really is a tremendous honor and there was a great pool of nominees for this award. I remember being a co-captain on my high school football team, and I won a Sportsmanship Award years ago. That was one of my life's great honors and I do put this up there with that.

Once again this one is for you, Vartha.

Congratulations to the winners ! Well done. Looking forward to your posts in 2019 !

Our next awards if so those who sports harder than everyone else! Sports Poster of the Year is what we shall name them, and no doubt they will take this award and party with it harder than the Stanlet Cup! Seriously, look up some things people have done with the Stanley Cup. It's insane and sort of gross :o

And the nominees are...

2018 Sports Poster of the Year
@B
@Black Fox
@DarthSkywalker
@DeadPresident
@Hunter Rider
@Iceman
@Mandon Knight
@Themanofbat

Another tie! Make up your minds people!!! :cmad:

View attachment 19531 View attachment 19533

@Hunter Rider & @Themanofbat

Congratulations!!!!

Holy Crap!!! This came out of nowhere.
Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and it's awesome to get to share it with Rider.

❤❤❤

Our next stop finds us literally to the depths of the waters of the hype. DCEU Poster of the Year. These fine posters saw their greatest success to date, and all it took was sharks with friggin lasers!!!

And the nominees are...

@BH/HHH
@dhandler01
@Greenlite
@harlequinade
@Iceman

Congratulations!!!!

OMG

halle-berry.gif

Thank you so much everyone who voted for me, thank you everyone in Aquaman section of the board, thank you James Wan, thank you Jason's parents and God for making him and thank you Jason for existing, you are the fuel of my fangirl powers, boo

Ah I fell asleep and missed it. :D:

Congrats to everyone who won awards and also those who got nominated! I had already read all the nomination threads and have now been through this awards thread and all of those mentioned were well deserved and you have all contributed a lot to this place. :up:

Thanks to everyone who voted for me also. I'm very honoured to get the Hypetime Achievement. The Hype has been a big part of my life for a long time now and I love you all. It Boy I definitely wasn't expecting, but I'm happy to steal it away from @Reek and @Pink Ranger. And I'm also glad to share the game award with my buddy @X Knight. :cool:

OMG

halle-berry.gif

Thank you so much everyone who voted for me, thank you everyone in Aquaman section of the board, thank you James Wan, thank you Jason's parents and God for making him and thank you Jason for existing, you are the fuel of my fangirl powers, boo
That one was a shoe-in. :D

You totally blasted the Aquaman board this year! Congrats!! :up::cwink:

We honored some forums, let's honor a thread! Time for Thread of the Year. After all, threads are where we all come together, right?

And the nominees are...

-Lounge of Justice
-Superhero Cinematic Civil War
-Worst Performance EVER in a Comic Book Film?

And the winner is...

Congratulations!!!!

tumblr_pec102LyUx1xx5z6ao1_500.gif

Thrilled this won over other threads. Out of the ashes and drama and my tears that they cut that scene of Jason drinking booze in the back of that truck a thread rose that so many of us come back to. We all know each other there, pay no attention to those who come there not to talk but to disturb and we all bond and chat about everything, really. JL may be considered to be an embarrassment but that Lounge is already legendary.

That brings us to the final award of the night. You guys asked for a Poster of the Year award, and I gave it to you. This award was entirely done with blind voting, so I am listing the top vote getters before revealing the winner.

And the nominees are...

@Iceman
@KRYPTON INC.
@Schlosser85
@Spider-Fan

And the winner is...

View attachment 19583

@Spider-Fan

I bet I hear RIGGED VOTING on this one, but I was as shocked as anyone, LOL! But this is again, a great honor. I have never won multiple awards in a year, so winning as many as I have this year is a complete shock. So again, thank ya'll. You guys are awesome :)

Congratulations to all our winners!!! This was my first time hosting, and it was fun. Thank you guys for making this fun, thank you for voting, and let's do this again next year!!!!

I just now saw that I was also a nominee for Poster of the Year. I had no idea, and thanks to everyone who got me there.

wait!! I actually won something after all these years on the hype??!!

ok, I tied with @Iceman, but I don't mind that. :)

thanks to all who voted for me and congrats to @Iceman as well!!
Congrats mate! I'm happy to share that one with you! The games section isn't as busy as it used to be unfortunately so I'm grateful you're around to keep it fun. :up:

That brings us to the final award of the night. You guys asked for a Poster of the Year award, and I gave it to you. This award was entirely done with blind voting, so I am listing the top vote getters before revealing the winner.

And the nominees are...

@Iceman
@KRYPTON INC.
@Schlosser85
@Spider-Fan

And the winner is...

View attachment 19583

@Spider-Fan

I bet I hear RIGGED VOTING on this one, but I was as shocked as anyone, LOL! But this is again, a great honor. I have never won multiple awards in a year, so winning as many as I have this year is a complete shock. So again, thank ya'll. You guys are awesome :)

Congratulations to all our winners!!! This was my first time hosting, and it was fun. Thank you guys for making this fun, thank you for voting, and let's do this again next year!!!!
Yes, this was a great idea along with the MCU and DC awards. I wonder what genius came up with it? :D:

Well, I was actually thinking of you when it entered my head. I'm glad to see you deservedly have won a huge number of awards including this major one - as you've won 2018 for me - without doubt best overall poster and contributor to the Hype of the year. :up:

Also personal footnote: getting nommed myself here feels like a whole other award win. :D Thanks again to everyone who put me down here.

We honored some forums, let's honor a thread! Time for Thread of the Year. After all, threads are where we all come together, right?

And the nominees are...

-Lounge of Justice

And the winner is...

nice!! congrats everyone there

tenor.gif

And the nominees are...

-Lounge of Justice

And the winner is...

Congratulations!!!!
The LoJ has really kicked on and is a super-fun place now and definitely deserving of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"