2021 SHH Awards Ceremony Thread

Next we honor the best Artist amongst our ranks! There are a lot of creative people on here and some of the work ya'll post goes well beyond my child like stick figures!

Our Nominees are:
@ComicChick

And the winner is:

Artist 2021.jpg

@ComicChick, aka the only nominee :o I kid, seriously you deserve this and thanks for the updated banner you made for the Awards as well :up:

Once upon a time, talking DC on here was not fun. But the DCEU (Or DCCU depending on preference) has definitely become more interesting to discuss in recent years, and I am glad it is a more fun
topic for people. Especially our regulars in those forums and our nominees for this award!

Our Nominees are:
@BatLobster
@The Joker

And the winner is:

DCEU 2021.jpg

@BatLobster, congrats amigo! You deserve this :up:

The MCU went from tiny small market team that could barely afford to keep the lights on to being the New York Yankees on steroids! Seriously, what was once 1 movie a year is now a constant stream of content fixed into our brains! But eat it up we do, especially our MCU nominees!

Our Nominees are:
@Flint Marko
@HammerDown
@Iceman
@Kahran Ramsus
@MbJ
@Mjolnir Reborn
@Spider-Fan

And the winner is:

MCU 2021.jpg

@Spider-Fan!!!! 3 awards in 1 night? Flattery will get you everywhere :hrt: Thanks again guys in all seriousness :up: I summed it up in the last 2 posts best, but nothing has changed between then and now!

Before posting another award, I wanted to take a second to remember @terry78. Terry was a true pillar of this community, and I think we all still feel his loss. It sucks that he is gone, but as host I wanted to take a second to remember him and I hope that you guys take a second to think of your favorite memories of Terry and hopefully that can at least give us a smile!

RIP - @terry78

Next, it is time for Hypertime! It is basically our Hall of Fame award, and I will add Committee selections on a future day for the year, but today we are going to enter in the Hypertime Winner as voted by you, the adoring public!

Past Winners:

Themanofbat - 2006 (vote)
TheCorpulent1 - 2007 (vote)
The Lizard - 2008 (vote)
Hunter Rider - 2009 (vote)
Aunt Petunia/Franklin Richards - 2010 (vote)
C. Lee - 2011 (vote)
Dew K. Mosi - 2011 - (committee)
Darthphere - 2012 (vote)
Matt - 2012 - (committee)
Kane52630 - 2013 (vote)
Erzengel - 2013 - (committee)
ComicChick - 2014 (vote)
ImmortalFire - 2014 - (committee)
Sawyer - 2015 (vote)
Colossal Spoons - 2015 - (committee)
Reek - 2016 (vote)
squeekness - 2016 - (committee-active)
Drakon - 2016 - (committee-retired)
Donald Thomas - 2017 (vote)
Vartha - 2017 (committe-active)
Greengoblin - 2017 (committee-retired)
Iceman - 2018 (vote)
Flickchick85 - 2018 (committee-active)
Daisy - 2018 (committee-retired)
Toven - 2018 (committee-retired)
terry78 - 2019 (vote)
Spider-Fan - 2019 (committee-active)
masteryoda - 2019 (committee-retired)
CantThinkOfAName - 2019 (committee-retired)
Boom - 2020 (vote)
Schlosser85 - 2020 (vote)
DarthSkywalker - 2020 (committee-active)
AndThePickles - 2020 (committee-retired)
DBella - 2020 (committee-retired)
Paladin - 2020 (committee-retired)
Wilhelm-Scream - 2020 (committee-retired)

And the newest Hypertime recipient is....

Hypertime Popular 2021 (1).jpg

Congrats @The Joker !!!! You deserve this amigo! You've been around for a long time and always are a good source of knowledge and discourse, especially for us fellow Raimi guys :up:

Last edited:
Now, it is time to close on the final award for Poster of the Year! Demanded by you the public and an award I very much love to observe, we now crown the best of the best from 2021!

And the winner is...

Poster 2021.jpg

@kguillou , you may have had to wait for your moment tonight, but come it has! Congratulations amigo and savor the victory. You have earned it :up:

Last edited:
And there it is ya'll! Again, I will maybe add some Committee selections for Hypertime later, but for now....savor the victories to ya'll! I am glad I was able to get this done, even if it is like....waaaaaaaay late. But never the less, this was a good show and as host, I am happy with how it turned out!

Thank you, and good night! Now to sleep before the 2nd born decides to eat for 3 hrs!!!!

Let's face it, not everyone always gets along. Sometimes those disagreements evolve into rivalries, and some of us love to get the ole popcorn out and watch the fireworks. This award is for those gladiators going at it for our enjoyment!

Our Nominees are:
-@Docker 2.0 vs Eternals
-@Reek vs Everyone Else
-Venom's Voice vs Morbius vs Woody's Original Wig Team-up

And the winner is:

View attachment 56263

We all win!!! Except @Reek I guess wins double here? Either way, great job all around!!!! Well deserved :up:

I am so happy right now I could tinkle.

So sorry I had to work during the ceremony, but congrats to all the winners! Very well-deserved wins, and you all are the ones who make this community a place we all want to keep coming back to! :wowe:

And now for the ladies!

Our Nominees are:
@ComicChick
@Donner
@flickchick85
@Lily Adler
@MissMarvelous
@Snow Queen

And the winner is:

View attachment 56246

Congrats @flickchick85!!!! As always, this is well deserved! :up:

Let's face it, for many of us, the Hype is an escape and we want to be lazy. But not these people! The next award honors those that take time out of their day to assist the community, whether it be research or avatars or whatever.

Our Nominees are:
@flickchick85
@MagnarTheGreat

And the winner is:

View attachment 56252

@flickchick85 also snagging another award! And just like the last one, you deserve this one :up:
1184815658-jennifer-lawrence-quotes-acceptance-speech-your-teenage-dirtbag-boy.gif

Seriously though, thank y'all. :hrt:

And a big thank you to @Spider-Fan for once again hosting these awards. That's one of the many reasons your win for Moderator of the Year was so well-deserved, along with all your other ones! Congrats! And that @terry78 In Memoriam segment got me. :cry:

Next, it is time for Hypertime! It is basically our Hall of Fame award, and I will add Committee selections on a future day for the year, but today we are going to enter in the Hypertime Winner as voted by you, the adoring public!

Past Winners:

Themanofbat - 2006 (vote)
TheCorpulent1 - 2007 (vote)
The Lizard - 2008 (vote)
Hunter Rider - 2009 (vote)
Aunt Petunia/Franklin Richards - 2010 (vote)
C. Lee - 2011 (vote)
Dew K. Mosi - 2011 - (committee)
Darthphere - 2012 (vote)
Matt - 2012 - (committee)
Kane52630 - 2013 (vote)
Erzengel - 2013 - (committee)
ComicChick - 2014 (vote)
ImmortalFire - 2014 - (committee)
Sawyer - 2015 (vote)
Colossal Spoons - 2015 - (committee)
Reek - 2016 (vote)
squeekness - 2016 - (committee-active)
Drakon - 2016 - (committee-retired)
Donald Thomas - 2017 (vote)
Vartha - 2017 (committe-active)
Greengoblin - 2017 (committee-retired)
Iceman - 2018 (vote)
Flickchick85 - 2018 (committee-active)
Daisy - 2018 (committee-retired)
Toven - 2018 (committee-retired)
terry78 - 2019 (vote)
Spider-Fan - 2019 (committee-active)
masteryoda - 2019 (committee-retired)
CantThinkOfAName - 2019 (committee-retired)
Boom - 2020 (vote)
Schlosser85 - 2020 (vote)
DarthSkywalker - 2020 (committee-active)
AndThePickles - 2020 (committee-retired)
DBella - 2020 (committee-retired)
Paladin - 2020 (committee-retired)
Wilhelm-Scream - 2020 (committee-retired)

And the newest Hypertime recipient is....

View attachment 56269

Congrats @The Joker !!!! You deserve this amigo! You've been around for a long time and always are a good source of knowledge and discourse, especially for us fellow Raimi guys :up:

Thank you so much for this everyone. This is a lovely surprise. I really appreciate it :up::-):hrt:

Once upon a time, talking DC on here was not fun. But the DCEU (Or DCCU depending on preference) has definitely become more interesting to discuss in recent years, and I am glad it is a more fun
topic for people. Especially our regulars in those forums and our nominees for this award!

Our Nominees are:
@BatLobster
@The Joker

And the winner is:

View attachment 56266

@BatLobster, congrats amigo! You deserve this :up:

Ue3b.gif

Wow, what a nice surprise. @The Joker it's an honor to be nominated with you buddy and congrats on your win!

Just wanted to say it's been a weird couple of years for me as I know it has been for everyone, despite having a lot to be grateful for, it's been a bit of a lonely time for me. Nothing crazy, I'm lucky to have an amazing wife and people that care about me, but at the same time...I've recently experienced a couple of devastating losses, a big family rift that is likely permanent, while at the same time it's just been a period of life where most of my friends are having kids and are less available to do stuff. Again, I'm so grateful and fortunate to have a great marriage and definitely do have relationships that matter a lot to me... but when you throw the pandemic into the mix with all of the above, there's definitely some loneliness and a sense of feeling adrift that I've been dealing with.

Sorry for the personal rant but what I'm trying to say is-- it's nice to feel seen and I really appreciate you all! And thanks @Spider-Fan for doing an awesome job hosting. :yay:

Last edited:
Now, it is time to close on the final award for Poster of the Year! Demanded by you the public and an award I very much love to observe, we now crown the best of the best from 2021!

And the winner is...

View attachment 56270

@kguillou , you may have had to wait for your moment tonight, but come it has! Congratulations amigo and savor the victory. You have earned it :up:
The big one! Congrats @kguillou, I've loved your posts this year. :up:

As a moderator, I am often suspicious of Newbies coming on here. Just experience with the job. But every year, we get people that come in and become pillars of the community, and it is time to award the next New Comer in those ranks!!!

Our Nominees are:
@Batgirl0202
@MiddleK

And the winner is:

View attachment 56251

@Batgirl0202 congrats!!! You've definitely made an impression on your peers and you deserve this!!! :up:
Congrats @Batgirl0202, one of the best new posters we've had in a while IMO.

As a moderator, I am often suspicious of Newbies coming on here. Just experience with the job. But every year, we get people that come in and become pillars of the community, and it is time to award the next New Comer in those ranks!!!

Our Nominees are:
@Batgirl0202
@MiddleK

And the winner is:

View attachment 56251

@Batgirl0202 congrats!!! You've definitely made an impression on your peers and you deserve this!!! :up:

Thank you so much everyone! This has really made my day :yay:

I discovered The Hype mostly by accident, lurked for awhile, and then decided to take the plunge because I read posts by some folks who I was eager to interact with. I'm glad I decided to register and plan on sticking around for awhile!

Special shoutout to @Iceman and @Babillygunn for nominating me, and @Shinobi Shaw for being so supportive when I was a true newb. Many of the folks here have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome, but the three of you immediately spring to mind. Gratitude!

Congrats as well too all the other nominees and fellow winners. And a special thanks to @Spider-Fan for putting this all together. Clearly a lot of time and effort went into this, and it's much appreciated!

Thanks for the votes ya'll :yay:

bowing-thank-you.gif

We are going to start with the Vartha Award! Vartha was a beacon of enthusiasm and positivity, and for the last few years, we have honored him with this award. I like to be positive in the beginning, and what can be more positive?

Our Nominees are:
@Babillygunn
@BlackFox
@Drizzle
@Iceman
@KaijuDude1992
@Milk Tray Guy
@vantheman77

And the winner is:

View attachment 56244

@Iceman!!!

Congrats amigo! You deserve it :up:
Next up is the Wide World of Sportsball!!!! Maybe not the #1 past time or interest for many who enjoy the world of fantasy, but there are plenty of us who spend many hours out of our time watching the various Sportsball games! This is for you!

Our Nominees are:
@Black Fox
@Iceman

And the winner is:

View attachment 56257

@Iceman making his presence known once again! Awesome job amigo and well earned :up:
Thanks to all for these. :up:

The Hype is one of the most chilled out places on the internet to discuss sports, especially football. All my buddies in there are the best. :D

The Vartha award is always special. We miss his positivity from the Hype, and his absence is felt even more from the Thor threads when a Thor film is about to come out. :csad: To channel one's inner Vartha is the key to Hype happiness. :yay:

Grateful and honoured to get both of these, cheers!

Next we honor the best Artist amongst our ranks! There are a lot of creative people on here and some of the work ya'll post goes well beyond my child like stick figures!

Our Nominees are:
@ComicChick

And the winner is:

View attachment 56265

@ComicChick, aka the only nominee :o I kid, seriously you deserve this and thanks for the updated banner you made for the Awards as well :up:

thank you very much for this incredible award, i'm incredibly humbled and appreciative

Our umbrella of interests do go beyond Superheroes, and I want to recognize those that like to discuss films that don't involve spandex and sky beams! The Misc. Movies forum is full of wonderful posters with eloquent thoughts and reviews of the various movies that come out every week. This is for you!

And the winner is:

View attachment 56260

@Kane52630, congrats amigo! You're a fixture of the Hype especially with your movie review thread, and we clearly enjoy your takes and you deserve this!

Qb7l1hM.gif

Honestly, this is the one award I've always wanted to get and now I have it. Thanks to everyone that voted and I'll continue to ramble about obscure movies that maybe 5 people will give a sh** about. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"