2019 Hype Awards Ceremony Thread

Next up...

Sports & Games Poster of the Year

This award honors the best poster of these 2 subforums. One side watches games and the other plays them. But we can all agree, it's all fun and games...until the cops show up :o

And the nominees are...

@BlackFox
@DarthSkywalker
@Hunter Rider
@Iceman
@Zantera

And the award goes to...

Congrats!!!! :)
Thanks to all that voted for me. Both forums are amongst my favourite places on the internet. I've tried discussing sport and video games in many other forums and it's been a disgusting experience by comparison. We need more traffic in games to bet back to prior levels, and some sports like rugby, cricket and F1. Let's hunt for fresh blood. :cool:

We're going to mix things up a bit with a few awards that come best...in pairs!!!

Pair of the Year

This award commemorates the Hype's dynamic duos! Like Bonnie & Clyde or JJ Abrams & Poor Writing (I kid I kid...kind of...Rise of Skywalker sucked :o)

And the nominees are...

@Black Narcissus & Carmen Carrera
@DarthSkywalker & @Snow Queen
@Invader Joker & Giant Monsters
@misslane38 & Zack Snyder
@Reek & @Sawyer

And the winning pair is...

By far this was the most competitive award of the bunch

View attachment 31170 View attachment 31172 View attachment 31173

That's right. 3 winning pairs!

Congrats!!! :)

Robert Pattinson has been hard done by here. He may be playing Batman and on the way to a glittering film career, but due to a technical error has missed his chance of appearing at a Hype Awards Ceremony alongside @Invader Joker and said poster's very healthy obsession with his physique. Giant Monsters everywhere will be elated though to have taken Pattinson's physique's place at the star-studded event, although they are saddened that this had to be without their biggest fan @-VisionsVision-.

Let's hear it for these 2 brave troopers. :up:

Also congrats to my top pick @DarthSkywalker and @Snow Queen. I think we have the beginnings of a major long term threat to the dominance of @Reek and his rotating partners. :cool:

Let's move on to our various movie based forums. Starting with...

Misc. Movies Poster of the Year

News flash guys, other movies than just comic books movies and sci-fi come out! I know, crazy right? But you don't have to remind these nominees of that! These nominees are on top of the other movies that come out on the calendar.

And the nominees are....

@Blitzkrieg
@Deck Rickard
@Kane52630
@Pennywise
@StarLord

And the award goes too....

tenor.gif

Now we move on to the collective...

Superhero Forums Poster of the Year

Some of us are Marvel Zombies, and others are DC zealots. But there are those that enjoy both, and this award honors those that brave both waters.

And the nominees are...

@Batmannerism
@Blackman
@Deck Rickard
@Kahran Ramsus
@Kane52630
@Silvermoth
@Speed Force
@Spider-Aziz

And the winner is...

I've thought @Kahran Ramsus' contributions to CBM discussions were underappreciated in previous years so I'm very glad to see him win this. Congrats dude!

Okay ya'll, now for one of our honorary awards...

Vartha Award 2019

In honor of the late Vartha, we have made this annual award in his name to honor those that exemplify the qualities Vartha brought here everyday. RIP Vartha!

The nominees are...

@Batmannerism
@Deck Rickard
@Iceman
@Milk Tray Guy
@Spider-Aziz

And the winner is...

View attachment 31191

Very well deserved award to the Award's founder :up:

Posting in the spirit of Vartha means being constantly positive while avoiding conflict and negativity. All the nominees fit that bill, and our champ @Spider-Aziz fits it perfectly. Congrats mate!

Shoutout to @squeekness who also fits this award perfectly IMO.

Last edited:
Robert Pattinson has been hard done by here. He may be playing Batman and on the way to a glittering film career, but due to a technical error has missed his chance of appearing at a Hype Awards Ceremony alongside @Invader Joker and said poster's very healthy obsession with his physique. Giant Monsters everywhere will be elated though to have taken Pattinson's physique's place at the star-studded event, although they are saddened that this had to be without their biggest fan @-VisionsVision-.

Let's hear it for these 2 brave troopers. :up:

Also congrats to my top pick @DarthSkywalker and @Snow Queen. I think we have the beginnings of a major long term threat to the dominance of @Reek and his rotating partners. :cool:
ill have them both flayed and banned before that happens.

Congratulations to everyone who won! :D

We're going to mix things up a bit with a few awards that come best...in pairs!!!

Pair of the Year

This award commemorates the Hype's dynamic duos! Like Bonnie & Clyde or JJ Abrams & Poor Writing (I kid I kid...kind of...Rise of Skywalker sucked :o)

And the nominees are...

@Black Narcissus & Carmen Carrera
@DarthSkywalker & @Snow Queen
@Invader Joker & Giant Monsters
@misslane38 & Zack Snyder
@Reek & @Sawyer

And the winning pair is...

By far this was the most competitive award of the bunch

View attachment 31170 View attachment 31172 View attachment 31173

That's right. 3 winning pairs!

Next we move on to those with the "It" factor going for them. I am old fashioned, so we'll start with ladies first...

It Girl 2019

We may not know what "it" is, but these nominees are the ladies we know clearly have "it"

Our nominees are...

@ComicChick
@flickchick85
@LibidoLoca
@MissMarvelous87
@Snow Queen

And the winner is...

I am sorry, the winners are

View attachment 31201 View attachment 31203

This is very delayed because my power went out last night.
Aww, thanks everyone. Was not expecting this, but I really appreciate it. It was a lovely surprise. :)

WeirdAptGecko-size_restricted.gif

Sorry I had to work during the ceremony, but wow, y'all. Thanks for these. My heart just grew 3 sizes.

Congrats to all the other winners, all very well-deserved. @Snow Queen , you had my vote and I could not imagine a better person to share the It Girl award with! And a very special congrats AND thank you to @Spider-Fan for keeping these awards going. Your induction into the Hype hall of fame was long overdue!:wowe::wowe::wowe:
Funny enough, I can say the same to you regarding the vote. So congratulations, I was very happy to see your name in there! :D

Very much deserved @Zantera

The football thread has been a mainstay of mine for so long now and it has always been great, but is getting ever better with newer recruits like Zantera adding unique viewpoints. Many thanks for your contributions mate!
Ty, I feel honored. :D I guess I should post more in other threads and parts of the forum too!

First award up on the docket shall be...

Artist of the Year

This award commemorates those with some type of artistic ability that has been recognized by you, the hype community! The people who can do more than just stick figures!

And the nominees are:

@shinlyle
@someone Else

And the winner is...

View attachment 31151

Gasp and shock, the person on the ballot won! Shenanigans :o

3mo292.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone for not looking for a write-in...and....I just...AH!!!

It's been a long hard road to this moment. From back when I first really got involved on these boards while making fun of the atrocious movie known as Catwoman (In Name Only), to finally growing up (well, older) and posting about things I enjoy instead of things I hate, it's been a long time a coming!
Now...I'll take all the money from this and--

What? No money?

Well. Either way, it's awesome, and I love shooting the expletives with you guys and gals. Lots of message board don't even exist anymore, but the Hype lives!

Next up, is the Committee's Active poster selection.

The Committee has selected:

View attachment 31195

First I want to say, thank you to the committee! This is an honor! I love this place. I've been a forum frequenter since this was still Spider-Man Hype in its infancy. Back then, geek culture wasn't cool, so I had few outlets to discuss these things I loved. At this point in my life, coming on here and posting is second nature. The community has given me so much, and receiving an honor like is just awesome. Glad to see the community feels the same!

Thank you :)
Keep coming back and spreading the good word bro. :up: I mean contractually - there is a John Wick contract out on you if you miss 2 consecutive days. Fear everyone!

Also copying my tribute from the committee thread:

"@Spider-Fan totally deserving. One of the modern-day leaders of the Hype and at the heart of many of the big events, while also having a solid history which is appropriate for a Hypetime award. Great all round contributor and poster who knows how to have discussions in a positive way."

It was almost an oversight that @Spider-Fan wasn't put forward earlier. I blame the dumb new Member's list which hides nearly everyone except those with the most posts. But as with Scorsese, the Hype eventually got it right. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"