8.19 - Stiletto - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yea i totally hope we get intergang for a seasonal threat next year. They would help keep the budget down well, and then throw in a few other dc superman villains like a metallo, a solo live wire episode, etc...... and thanks for the poster getting me the screen caps i was looking for.

Heh, Cyborg's the only one that looks like he's put any effort in. Bart looks half awake while Canary looks terrified of the camera.
Bart picture was taking around Run(I'm really glad because the picture awnsered my question was Bart called the Flash)

Cyborg(probally around Cyborg.)

Black Canary(She must have been frightened by the flash)

cam you post possible pictures of aquman and GA on the lab top as well

I want to see Intergang as well as members of the serperate Injustice Gang members(Parasite, Livewire, Nuetron,Plastique) kind of like the episodes Run, Aqua, Cyborg, Arrow and Justice only back words as well as villians like Metallo and/or Darkseid. Mon-el for season 9!

Last edited:
Yea i could see bruno gets out of jail and starts hiring the injustice gang to go after the "capes" or maybe hire some sciencists and create metallo. Then they could always do the darkseid angle. Leave seeing darkseid phsyically to middle/end of the season, but have granny, other servants of darkseid come to earth to see how things are going with intergang.

Yea i could see bruno gets out of jail and starts hiring the injustice gang to go after the "capes" or maybe hire some sciencists and create metallo. Then they could always do the darkseid angle. Leave seeing darkseid phsyically to middle/end of the season, but have granny, other servants of darkseid come to earth to see how things are going with intergang.
Here's I imagined the smallville origin of Metallo:
John Corben is a gangster working for the intergang. He gets in a gang fight, or in a car crash cause by a gunfight. Then he is found by luthorcorp or Queen Industries then they use Cyborg schematics turning him into Metallo. They use Meteor rock as a power source which has a longer power supplies than anything else.

I think the contrary : Intergang would be nice but I do not think it can last an entire season. And on the contrary, I do not want them to keep the budget low : Smallville has proved that it could be excellent, time to start thinking a little bit bigger.

Doug, I didn't know you came around here. I quite enjoy your reviews over at Superman homepage...keep up the good work.

Ever thought about doing a letters column?

Thanks! :) I appreciate it.

And Yep. I am everywhere. Bwhahahahaha. Seriously. I lurk all over the web. Superhero sites. Xbox sites. Star Wars sites. you name it. Benefit of a job that has lots of down time. So yea. I am here occasionally. Once in a blue moon I can be caught lurking over at K-site too.

The letter column is more Neal's thing. I try and keep my set up different. I will usually just respond directly to emails I get when it's applicable (unless it's one of the many who ask me if I am blind, stupid, or if I am paid to write fluff pieces by the studio.) :p

Yet there has been once or twice where a letter forced me to submit a retraction the next week. :)

And there are some really nice ones too which I really appreciate. :word:

I think Bruno could be a great Lex replacement next season. Even better than Tess IMHO. Not that I think Lady Lex is doing a bad job but maybe it's time to just let Luthor corp go away for a time and bring on the Intergang.

working in Darkseid would even be more awesomer. and yes I know that is not a word but it fits. :)

I don't think this episode was filler at all. In fact quite the opposite. As far as the overall Superman story this one is essential to both Clark and Lois' character development.

Edit: whoops. Sorry for the double post. I thought I was just adding an edit to the last one. /blush

I get you... and I agree, from the moment Lois realized she was being ******ed, you are spot on. That last conversation between Lois and the RBB was great.

It was a well put together episode. But I have to grade it down for the 'Stiletto' concept. The 'I'm gonna pretend to be a supergirlfriend for the RBB' is ******ed.

I think it would have worked better, if Lois was actually chasing down Manhiem, trying to bust him, as herself... not as a mock superhero. This would have been a better way to instigate a meeting between her and RBB.

Basically, it got chopped in my grading for lack of creativity.

On the other side of things... AM was incredible in the epi. Although I don't really agree with where it took her character, her portrayal of what I'm calling the 'abused wife' is great.

I get you... and I agree, from the moment Lois realized she was being ******ed, you are spot on. That last conversation between Lois and the RBB was great.

It was a well put together episode. But I have to grade it down for the 'Stiletto' concept. The 'I'm gonna pretend to be a supergirlfriend for the RBB' is ******ed.

I think it would have worked better, if Lois was actually chasing down Manhiem, trying to bust him, as herself... not as a mock superhero. This would have been a better way to instigate a meeting between her and RBB.

On the other side of things... AM was incredible in the epi. Although I don't really agree with where it took her character, her portrayal of what I'm calling the 'abused wife' is great.

But Lois' stated reasons for pretending to be a superhero wasn't to get the Red-Blue Blur as a boyfriend, it was to get him to trust her as a writer enough to give her an interview.

She said it herself, you don't start to interview rock stars with Bruce Springstein, you start smaller and get a reputation for it. She tried to interview Oliver, but he wouldn't do it.

She doesn't personally know any other superheroes so I can see the temptation she had when that guy thought she was a new superhero.

*shrug*

I talk about it in my review, which I hope to have into Craig before the end of the day, but as troubling as the lack of ethics for Lois was, she did learn from her mistake and will probably be the better reporter for it.

in the end, it didn't really bother me enough to completely knock the episode.

But Lois' stated reasons for pretending to be a superhero wasn't to get the Red-Blue Blur as a boyfriend, it was to get him to trust her as a writer enough to give her an interview.

She said it herself, you don't start to interview rock stars with Bruce Springstein, you start smaller and get a reputation for it. She tried to interview Oliver, but he wouldn't do it.

She doesn't personally know any other superheroes so I can see the temptation she had when that guy thought she was a new superhero.

*shrug*

I talk about it in my review, which I hope to have into Craig before the end of the day, but as troubling as the lack of ethics for Lois was, she did learn from her mistake and will probably be the better reporter for it.

in the end, it didn't really bother me enough to completely knock the episode.

me neither... I just thought that there was a more 'mature' way to bring Lois and RBB together. Classically, Lois usually threw herself into a ridiculous amount of danger to find Superman.

it wasn't the ethical dilemna that bothered me... just the fact that Lois decided to become a faux hero. The rockstar analogy doesn't work for me...it was just a convenient justification and it was just an excuse to get Erica in leather. That's what it boiled down to for me. It just seemed like a childish way to introduce and bring the episode to its conclusion. There are other ways to get Erica clothed sexy on the show.

like I said before though, excluding the actual 'Stiletto' stuff, this episode was good, probably would have gotten an 80%/A from me. But it lost 10% for pulling a 'Lana-lite'... otherwise known as doing ridiculous things with characters. Had this been a straight line mystery episode, with Lois following the clues to manhiem as a reporter, getting in danger, and getting in contact with the RBB would have made me happier.

Suspension of Disbelief should only be applied to Clark/and other REAL HEROES IMHO. And I felt that the stiletto stuff transfered the SODB to Lois... that's just wrong.

That is a good way of putting it. and I totally agree. Mrs Mack was spot on in this one.

me neither... I just thought that there was a more 'mature' way to bring Lois and RBB together. Classically, Lois usually threw herself into a ridiculous amount of danger to find Superman.

it wasn't the ethical dilemna that bothered me... just the fact that Lois decided to become a faux hero. The rockstar analogy doesn't work for me...it was just a convenient justification and it was just an excuse to get Erica in leather. That's what it boiled down to for me. It just seemed like a childish way to introduce and bring the episode to its conclusion. There are other ways to get Erica clothed sexy on the show.

like I said before though, excluding the actual 'Stiletto' stuff, this episode was good, probably would have gotten an 80%/A from me. But it lost 10% for pulling a 'Lana-lite'... otherwise known as doing ridiculous things with characters. Had this been a straight line mystery episode, with Lois following the clues to manhiem as a reporter, getting in danger, and getting in contact with the RBB would have made me happier.

Suspension of Disbelief should only be applied to Clark/and other REAL HEROES IMHO. And I felt that the stiletto stuff transfered the SODB to Lois... that's just wrong.

I would agree with you if it was something Lois came up with from the safty of her desk and planned it all from the beginning. They didn't thought. They showed it as being something she sort of came up with on the fly. Something in the heat of the moment when she ninja kicked the crud out of Bruno and his thug.

just a tidbit. I was rewatching the episode, the scene when Bruno cracked Chloes laptop on information about the JL. Well when Barts profile popped up, his codename wasn't Impulse, it read "flash"

just a tidbit. I was rewatching the episode, the scene when Bruno cracked Chloes laptop on information about the JL. Well when Barts profile popped up, his codename wasn't Impulse, it read "flash"
yeah Tomwelling4supes posted this a few posts ago:

It's either a shoutout to the fans, a mistake they made or flash is Bart's new codename(aka means they will start calling him flash in doomsday and they finally got the rights which will make me happy)

You think since DC is so uptight about what Smallville can and can not do, you think they would notice something like this.

I too hope the Flash rights finally get lifted as well as a few others....

Doug, I didn't know you came around here. I quite enjoy your reviews over at Superman homepage...keep up the good work.

They have 2 reviewers over there? I never knew that.

Brainy? Are you still doing reviews somewhere?

I talk about it in my review, which I hope to have into Craig before the end of the day,
Any more on this Triplet? And how's Beast coming along?

well most believe that screen was using info from why back when.

Any more on this Triplet? And how's Beast coming along?

Well, I didn't quite have that sentence "Lois learned from her mistakes and will be the better reporter for it" in my review, but that was the gist, I guess.

Anyway, my review is up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/stilettoreview.htm

And I've made some progress on Beast. I'll probably give it a better review than I thought I would.

The execution of the script was nearly perfect, loved Chloe's nightgown in the Tease even, but I thought Chloe was acting a bit out of character, so I don't think it will get a five but we'll see. I love how it was shot and the acting was all pretty good across the board, so I guess I'll have to see what I end up giving it.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't quite have that sentence "Lois learned from her mistakes and will be the better reporter for it" in my review, but that was the gist, I guess.

Anyway, my review is up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/stilettoreview.htm

And I've made some progress on Beast. I'll probably give it a better review than I thought I would.

The execution of the script was nearly perfect, loved Chloe's nightgown in the Tease even, but I thought Chloe was acting a bit out of character, so I don't think it will get a five but we'll see. I love how it was shot and the acting was all pretty good across the board, so I guess I'll have to see what I end up giving it.

Great review once again triplet!! You always hit the nail on the head in your reviews and I agree completely! Can't wait to read your "Beast" review!:woot:

well i read your review a little while ago trip another great review. I do enjoy your little insights into the little details in episodes and learning of crew people i wouldnt even know about.

Yea as i mentioned before i am a media productions major student soon to be graduating from school in the next few months. My dream is to get to work at film/tv studios-production companies shootings films/tv shows.

To be honest, I find Chloe's attitude/character/personality seems to change alot depending what the scene asks for. One of my peeves about her character. She is sort of like a utility player in baseball, they just plug her in to the story where they need somebody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"