9.1 - Savior - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

lespaul59

please type in english with proper punctuation so we can make out what the hell you're trying to say

I was giving it a shot and about halfway through I was just like, screw this, way too many errors to continue on. Did somebody smack you upside the head with a baseball bat before you typed that? seems like it

I agree with Serene, chill out. This is a message board not an English class, let him type how he wants to and if you cant understand it don't read it. People here seem to be getting ruder and ruder, ridiculous.

well like always i love to read your thoughts/insights on the show trip. Another standout review.

Thanks...

Glad you liked it.

Nice review as always, Trip.

I like this point in particular:

However, unlike the comics, this Clark didn't really die, or even 'die', but he had gone through what was essentially a metaphorical death.

Thanks...

I think the metaphorical death was actually fitting. His smack-down with Doomsday wasn't really that much like the comics, but it echoed it in so many ways...

I thought, in looking at the suit in that light, that it actually makes sense.

Wow.
First of all, that was unnecessarily rude; secondly, perhaps you should examine your own grammatical and punctuation issues before you start flinging insults at others.

at least you can make out what I'm saying (when I do have whatever little errors I happen to make). That was just a paragraph of jibberesh

I agree with Serene, chill out. This is a message board not an English class, let him type how he wants to and if you cant understand it don't read it. People here seem to be getting ruder and ruder, ridiculous.

yea, I think YOU need to chill out. If I come across a post on the internet that seems like it was written by someone who was dropped on their head as a kid, I'm going to call them out on it. Don't like it, tough ****

Damn your a real nasty piece of work. What's wrong? Mother not hug you enough or too much? Don't have the stones to insult people in the real world so you retreat to the internet to give it the lemon?

You really don't need to act like you are. If you got a problem with someone don't insult them, just ask them to sort it out nicely.

Damn your a real nasty piece of work. What's wrong? Mother not hug you enough or too much? Don't have the stones to insult people in the real world so you retreat to the internet to give it the lemon?

You really don't need to act like you are. If you got a problem with someone don't insult them, just ask them to sort it out nicely.

can you say "Troll"?

does this convo involve you? Don't think so

nuff said

You calling me a troll? :funny: :dry:

Yeeea you'll be gone within a couple days.

yea, I think YOU need to chill out. If I come across a post on the internet that seems like it was written by someone who was dropped on their head as a kid, I'm going to call them out on it. Don't like it, tough ****

and I'll be happy to kick you out of this board, so either play nice or get booted, your choice.

I could read it... maybe you should go back to grammar school. And I kind of agree with him. The things that are occuring are cool, but they are not as interesting as they could be. Things that bother me are things like Chloe and Ham can't find Oliver, but Lois finds him within 30s. It takes away from the quality of the narrative.

love the review trip, as good as ever and I have to agree with the pacing and writing comments.

I think we all need to keep in mind too, that these Boards are used by people all over the world, and English isnt necessarily the first speaking language of some users.

:yay:

I found it amusing that Louis fought that Assassin on the same train I take to work.

Vancouver_skybridge.jpg

hey you know when we register and we say what country we're from does that change everyone's post to your language setting cos I've never seen any french or spanish?

love the review trip, as good as ever and I have to agree with the pacing and writing comments.

Yeah? thanks.

I got a weird comment in my profile over on KryptonSite... the person said I was, for once, too critical and didn't see the problems I'd seen with Lois' storyline.

I guess they didn't read my review closely enough, I said her story seemed to drag the first time I saw Savior, but not after that. However, my initial gut reaction still made it into the review.

*shrug*

Yea trip i am like that myself some times with episodes i either love them right off the bat or hate things about an episode. But those hate aspects could change once i review the episode a few times.

My review's up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/saviorreview.htm

I liked it a lot, not perfect, but still pretty enjoyable. I LOVED Zod. Callum Blue is perfect for the part.

Fantastic review Trip, glad to have you back.

One thing you said I figured I would comment on:

The 'trial' scene in the mansion was terrific. He used his troops' own fears against them. Zod didn't give them any answers, but he made it clear that he's the man to follow. It was believable that they would. Though not quite as powerful as the St. David's Day speech in Shakespeare's Henry V (who could really top that anyway?), I still loved how Zod rallied his troops and brought them back into the fold. The whole scene was awesome.

This scene by itself sold me on Blue as Zod. By the end of the speech I was glued to his character, and understood how Zod was able to get such a fanatical following that he does in the comics. He was that good in the scene, that convincing. It was awesome, and now I really look forward to seeing more of him and seeing how his story progresses.

Great job Trip. :up: :D

Coming late, but I loved the first episode ! It was great, really great! From Lois being perfect as usual, Tom Welling being beter and better, this show improves each year and heads in the right direction.
My big surprise was John Corben played by ex-Beverly Hills Brian Austin Green. Boy, he was good !
I was a bit deceived by Callum Blue, but I thought I can not judge a perfect Zod in one episode especially the beginning. I thought he was good, but I will wait to see if his Zod is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"