9.1 - Savior - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

welcome to the board lonewriter hope you enjoy your time here. As for neal's review i decided to take a gander at it a little while ago. I seen folks talk about how negative his reviews on the show have been in the past few yrs. Sure the show isnt the best it can be, but it still has alot of good things about it.

As for the whole reasons with zod and his army, and the whole future thing with lois it hasnt been revealed fully yet. We are due to know more in episode 9 pandora in nov. But i think one theory i saw that was pretty good was this; Lois did go to 3009, met the legion they know things are messed up back in 21st century. So they send her back. But she is sent to 2010 to see what caused the problems and then is sent back to her time. We dont know what she was doing in her "3 weeks" real time she was gone. There could have been a couple time travels she was on. .

Yea i told trip here many a time she has some great reviews.

I agree completely. I've read his reviews since he started posting them and to sum them all up: they're a complete joke. I understand that he is clearly bothered by how different things are in the show compared to the mythology, but some of the things he says are just downright ridiculous. I thought I was the only one that still read them until now lol.
welcome to the Hype Lonewolf!

The funny thing about Smallville it follows alot of Superman mythology(mainly the golden/silver/bronze age/Pre-Crisis comics and the Donner movies) but people ignores that and just look at post crisis, donner,movie, LNC and everything that happened after crisis on infinitie earths. as for Neil reviews. I just ignore it and go for Steve and Triplet's review because they are part of the reason of why I started watching Smallville and buy the DVDs of what happened before.

Totally it draws upon many things, though they do tend to favor donner stuff a bit. Though i said this over on supes board. if/when another film series does happen, i think the best thing it can do is draw upon elements from various eras of the superman character and combine the best traits from golden/silver/bronze/modern stuff. So you have things in there for fans of the newer stuff and fans of more older stuff. Then move on with a new original story.

This is something i like also in the spectacular spider-man cartoon. It draws more on classic lee/dikto lee/romita sr stuff, but they also throw in stuff from modern/ultimates/films. With their own twists on things.

Yea, for some sick reason I still read his reviews even if I usually disagree with just about everything he says. A complete joke is putting it lightly.

On the other hand...Douglas Trumble writes some really good reviews on SMH. He visits here periodically, and generally has some really good stuff to say about the show. I have agreed with his praises as well as his gripes many times.

Our very own Triplet over at K-site writes some fantastic reviews as well.

I'm waiting for her review. I wonder wha she thought about the episode.

well she usually takes about a week to get it up on ksite. You could ask her here hows its going.

I don't know why I decide to read Neal Bailey's reviews...like ever.

He gave it a 1/5, and many of his complaints are things that are yet to be explained in the show. Oy...

1/5? :whatever:

As much as he likes to tout how many zillions of words he's written about the show, I still suspect that he neither likes, or gets it.

I won't even go to SHP anymore, and Neal's reviews are only part of the reason why.

Hey guys i was just wondering did the final- tivo/dvr/ live +7 numbers come in yet for savior?

1/5? :whatever:

As much as he likes to tout how many zillions of words he's written about the show, I still suspect that he neither likes, or gets it.

I won't even go to SHP anymore, and Neal's reviews are only part of the reason why.

He's just an irrational fanboy, he gave "Stiletto" (an episode most fans didn't like that much) a good review, but "Savior" was so terrible... :whatever:

Well I'm one of those who liked Stiletto. But Neal does go a bit overboard in a lot of his reviews.

Hey guys i was just wondering did the final- tivo/dvr/ live +7 numbers come in yet for savior?

The usually come outlike 2-3 weeks after the show airs. I expect them early in the week of Oct 12th

ah ok i thought it might have come out a bit sooner, thanks for the heads up.

So, do we have any idea what Clark might have told Lois to keep a secret? That was one of the more interesting parts of the episode in my opinion.

The secret was that he was supposed to go away and not talk to her anymore but hasnt. He said that to her on the phone.

Yup thats what it seems to be, that he shouldnt be around her. But he cant do it.

The secret was that he was supposed to go away and not talk to her anymore but hasnt. He said that to her on the phone.

Why is that a secret? What did Clark mean exactly, by dont tell anyone? Who else besides Jor-el cares? I cant see Lois running off to Jor-el and telling him that Clark is still talking to her.

Personally, I didnt think that line made a great deal of sense.

Wel I got a round to watching this episode again just to see if I felt any different about it. And I did on a few things but on other things I'm still of the same opinion. First off I'm not diging the Zod storyline but it has only been one episode. Green Airow is kinda the same for me, Ididn't really like the episode or two from S8 where Ollie was doing this same thing. But again it's only the first episode. Now the Chloe storyline is one of the things that the second time around I had mixed feeling compaired to feeling sorry for her the first time. I think it would be very hard to know that somebody could bring back the person you love the but wont. But on the other hand she should also realize that when Clark did this before Johnathan's life was taken after Clark saved Lana. And who know what would happen if Clark would do the same again. I get why she's upset but she should also understand why Clark said no. But I think her problem with Clark in this episode is the first of what is gonna be a larger problem. Which I think some of the spoilers have said this also. And well I like what going on with Lois in this episode but I don't want to see any more the Lois/Ollie relationship that what we see. I have no problem if they have her kicking him in the butt to pick back up his bow. And did any body else think she might have started putting together Clark is the BLur based on the look on her face. And well the Clark and his destiny at first I was like this might be interresting but a second viewing made me think this can be interresting depending on how they go about the story. And the thing that I really didn't like was, Clark can't fly because of a mental block. If thats how they keep it then it's kinda of a dissapointment for me because I just don't think it's as interrest as it could be. I would have rather tham wrote it as he has been able to fly but because of his dealings with Kryptonians and how they seem to all most always be evil he choses not to use that power and says that he can't. But again we'll see how that plays out. All in all I liked this premiere better than the last few season premieres. I think this season has the potential to be one of the best. But can Clark please find his smile again?

lespaul59

please type in english with proper punctuation so we can make out what the hell you're trying to say

I was giving it a shot and about halfway through I was just like, screw this, way too many errors to continue on. Did somebody smack you upside the head with a baseball bat before you typed that? seems like it

well like always i love to read your thoughts/insights on the show trip. Another standout review.

lespaul59

please type in english with proper punctuation so we can make out what the hell you're trying to say

I was giving it a shot and about halfway through I was just like, screw this, way too many errors to continue on. Did somebody smack you upside the head with a baseball bat before you typed that? seems like it

Wow.
First of all, that was unnecessarily rude; secondly, perhaps you should examine your own grammatical and punctuation issues before you start flinging insults at others.

Nice review as always, Trip.

I like this point in particular:

However, unlike the comics, this Clark didn't really die, or even 'die', but he had gone through what was essentially a metaphorical death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"