9.15 - Conspiracy - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Loved this weeks episode hated another character flying before Clark...............AGAIN! oh and did Zods wound heal with the bullet in it?

Loved this weeks episode hated another character flying before Clark...............AGAIN! oh and did Zods wound heal with the bullet in it?

probably just metabolized it

yea schedules for shows are odd at times. But most times the network shows are on a sept-may schedule. With two or 3 breaks in episodes through the tv season. Were as cable channels have a much different schedule. Either they run from june-sept break and return in spring, or its spring-summer and break to the following spring.

LOL on the Shelby poster. Martha should be in there too.

Callum - I think he's doing a good job, and it's creepy the way he has Zod leer at Tess and the others sometimes, but I find he smirks and twitches and sneers a little too much.

Man, I don`t know why I continue to watch this crap TV show. Its one bad episode after the other. It was ****ing terrible. LOL. Magic Kryptonian blood that heals people and gives them powers!!! LMAO. It is seriously offensive that people could actually even LIKE something like that. It boggles my mind. JESUS. That was one of the worst episodes i`ve seen on Smallville.

I don`t know why i still keep watching this crap. Maybe i`m too much of a Superman fan to just dismiss it. I think that somehow this is going to turn into a good and faithful show but LOL. That will never happen. This show just needs to end! period.

Man, I don`t know why I continue to watch this crap TV show. Its one bad episode after the other. It was ****ing terrible. LOL. Magic Kryptonian blood that heals people and gives them powers!!! LMAO. It is seriously offensive that people could actually even LIKE something like that. It boggles my mind. JESUS. That was one of the worst episodes i`ve seen on Smallville.

I don`t know why i still keep watching this crap. Maybe i`m too much of a Superman fan to just dismiss it. I think that somehow this is going to turn into a good and faithful show but LOL. That will never happen. This show just needs to end! period.

good luck . your about to get flamed. i'm staying well and truly out of this one, needless to say, i personaly think that your entitled to your opinion, man.

Actually it might be that ONLY Clarke's blood can cause the effects we saw. No magic involved. Only that Jor-El was responsible for the creation of the cloning process based on DNA taken at the moments we saw. He was also responsible for ensuring that the clones did not have the powers an ordinary Kryptonian would have under a yellow sun. Given the clones would represent the last hope of their race however, even Jor-El with his fear of corruption might not completely deny the powers potential. Therefore he may well have built in a back door where only his DNA could reverse the inhibition installed in the genome. But of course if he took his own sample for cloning before he thought of this back door, his clone (the one we've seen and who died) would have no idea that his blood was indeed the key to providing Kryptonians with their power.
Clarke therefore provides that same catalyst that essentially resets the physiology of a Kryptonian clone - hence the instantaneous healing.

That make the show less "crapfesty" for you Superdaniel?

^Nice explanation.

Given that Kryptonian blood (under a yellow sun) has been shown to have certain healing properties for humans (withinin the universe of this show) it would stand to reason to be how the Kandorians get there powers, IMO.

SuperDaniel I completely understand your frustration. I've been watching since S1 E1 and have had my moments where I just want it to stop. But I also notice and don't dismiss some of the cool, new, fresh and interesting things they've done over the years to the mythos.

Granted this show has had some pretty gut wrenching awful writing/acting/storytelling. But I still think it has been a great superhero show---especially now since they are not afraid to admit it (monsters and costumes, etc.).

I think Smallville catches alot of flack for things that have been done numerous times in the comics just because they are not the comics and we don't have Superman in his true form as of yet---to me that's very unfortunate.

We are all frustrated as hell because we want to SEE Superman and for that I blame the writers. Agewise Clark is very much under the line the comics usually set for Supes to make his first appearance---but the writers leaped us forward past college and right into Metropolis, the Daily Planet and gave us all of these other heroes running around too soon.

Now all of these elements are in place and we're stuck with the Blur for whatever reason for the time being.

I have enjoyed this season alot though and think that if they just go into season 10 as the LAST that storytelling wise we will be very pleased with the outcome (at least I hope:yay:).

Last edited:
well daniel you do have to remember within the show's history clark's blood has had healing properties before. As for zod getting powers due to clark blood yea its a bit of a cop out but they did it for their reasons. I do agree the kidnaper guy was a creepy dude good actor though. But his death was so dam silly and stupid. For me i said i havent hated an episode full out. But some have had a few minor faults to them. But nothing to make me right out hate an episode this season. They have been pretty consistant which is nice.

No matter whatever explanation you come up with, to me magic healing is still stupid. Why the hell didn't he save Jor-el then? MAKES NO SENSE! Zod gaining powers? LOL. Another big WTF moment.

Plus, I just think its really ridiculous that everybody flies but Clark...

I think it's been discussed before that he didn't save Jor-EL because Clark had learnd his lesson about playing God and the only reason he saved Zod was because it was Jor-EL's dying request-----now granted this is all fan speculation which is a big problem with the show---the writers leave us having to fill in too much info.

But either way if you are that unhappy with the show nothing anyone says here can change that. Just like people that are happy with it or at least look for more of it's good than bad can't be swayed.

Although I do agree with you about the flying (I don't care that they have a reason for it at this point it's just ridiculous). I for one wouldn't bother watching ANY show if it made me that mad.

So out of curiosity is there anything you DO like about it?

well to be technical the real reason was due to they only had the actor signed on for one episode. So it probably wasnt in their plans to keep a living jorel around for to long.

Oh yeah. I like the Lois & Clark relationship and i really liked the Justice Society episode. It`s just that these filler episodes piss me off.

^I agree that they write the Lois and Clark stuff spot on and it's very enjoyable.

Absolute Justice was fun, but I was somewhat disappointed in it for reasons I won't highjack this thread to state.

Ok. I have to get this off my chest... I am one of those people who hate all the inconsistencies in SV. BUT everyone flying exept Clark isn't one of them for various reasons:

#1: The basic idea of Smallville was to freely base the show on the Donner movies. Not entirely, but it's one of the most significant inspirations. And in Donner's movies Clark doesn't learn to fly until he's adult and fully trained in the FOS. But in SMII Zod and co learns to fly and use all the other abilities within minutes. (Yes I know SMII isn't really a Donner movie, but it's the same universe as the first one and Donner directed more then half of it.)

#2: Since the people of Krypton apparently could visit earth before, with that gate-mumbojumbo, Kara and probably even Zod had been on earth in who knows how many times before. And even though this Zod is just a clone, he still has all the memories that the real Zod had. So if his dna changed with the mixing with Clark's blood, there's no reason why he wouldn't remember how to fly on earth. Young Jor-El pretty much had it figured out in Seson 3's Relic.

I do however think it's sad from a dramatic POV, taking away the Wow factor we all are looking forward to when Clark actually do learns to fly (the real Clark, not a possesed version)

Oh yeah. I like the Lois & Clark relationship and i really liked the Justice Society episode. It`s just that these filler episodes piss me off.
I love the Lois and Clark growing relationship(all though I don't want Clark to tell Lois he's Superman) untill he's over 30 years old or over. and I also love Absolute Justice. I also love this episode which actually helps the arc with Zod getting powers, checkmate, and people veiws' about aliens
I agree with spawnjack01 with the flying making sense but it hurts when Clark doing it.

totally agree the whole lois and clark dynamic in the show is great. I love their scenes together. Tom and erica have great chemistry together and i love their banter.

Anyone else notice that wickedly huge scar down the middle of Callum Blue's chest after Clark saved him?

He must have had open heart surgery or something... It goes right now the middle of his chest on top of his breast bone.

hmm i didnt notice that myself triplet. Do you got a photo of that?

I'll have to see if I can get a screepcap of that and show you.

The scar looks old, it's white not pink, so I think it's probably from when he was a lot younger maybe even when he was a kid, but there was nothing on his IMDB page about any health issues so it's hard to say.

ETA

Here are a couple of pictures:

Thanks to Home of the Nutty for the caps.

Also in other news your review is up at ksite:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/conspiracyreview.htm

Another good review trip.

Thanks, Craig said he thought it was one of my best.

Last edited:
yea yours are always a great pleasure to read as i said many times to you. Also thanks for the screen caps. Didnt notice it myself during the airing or watching it again after you pointed it out. Probably was something from as you said when he was younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"