10.13 - Beacon - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Isn't most of millers work on batman/superman/others all elsewhere tales. Sure he did some crazy things. But they where one off stories mostly right. So I don't have much issue with what he did to characters.

Hey all trip's review is up at ksite now. As always good read and write up trip. Beacon was a great episode.

as Webby said, my review's up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/beaconreview.htm

And there were people who didn't like the video messages?

That is probably one of my favorite moments of the season, if not the series.

They were awesome.

I wish I felt more photogenic. I would have submitted one... I'm sorry now that I didn't.

:(

But I get my love letters to the show out pretty regularly, so I think they know how I feel about the series.

:D :super: :hrt:

It's not so much that I didn't like them, I just felt there were too many. If there were just quick snippets of people thanking The Blur that's one thing, but they were speeches.

It's not so much that I didn't like them, I just felt there were too many. If there were just quick snippets of people thanking The Blur that's one thing, but they were speeches.

They weren't speeches, they were complete thoughts instead of sound bites.

I adored them.

I think you should give them another look. I think I sorta felt the same way the first go 'round, but I they hold up real well to repeat viewings.

Oh I agree trip I thought the fan videos where great and very touching.

Well, I rewatched the episode and I still don't particularly care for the "thank you" messages. Yes, the moment was very sweet and sincere, but I can't help but wonder if they put those in to fill four minutes of screentime before the big reveal at the end.

Also, something I noticed on the first watch, but forgot to mention, was Martha's "As Clark's oldest friend," line to Chloe; I guess Martha forgot about Pete. I suppose it's easy seeing as how he doesn't live in Smallville anymore, but he and Clark did grow up together and were friends long before Chloe showed up in the 8th Grade.

Well, I rewatched the episode and I still don't particularly care for the "thank you" messages. Yes, the moment was very sweet and sincere, but I can't help but wonder if they put those in to fill four minutes of screentime before the big reveal at the end.

Also, something I noticed on the first watch, but forgot to mention, was Martha's "As Clark's oldest friend," line to Chloe; I guess Martha forgot about Pete. I suppose it's easy seeing as how he doesn't live in Smallville anymore, but he and Clark did grow up together and were friends long before Chloe showed up in the 8th Grade.

I think they gave those videos the time they did out of appreciation for the fans. It was a thank you to us, as they thanked the Blur.

And I seriously doubt Pete is ever going to come up again. It would certainly bring up uncomfortable thoughts of where Sam Jones is right now (awaiting sentencing for his role in a conspiracy to to sell and distribute prescription painkillers).

And Chloe is Clark's oldest friend. She's stuck by him through some pretty tough times.

Pete got out of town as soon as knowing Clark's secret started causing him problems. (Which was the explanation since Sam was leaving the show.)

I'd say her continuing loyalty and loving support trumps Pete knowing Clark since they were toddlers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"