• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

It also doesn't help that Roman completely buried Seth's belt... he basically made it clear that it means nothing if Cody wins.
It's weird to have a segment promoting Cody maybe going for the other belt (though that wasn't confirmed here so who knows, plans can clearly change quickly), and in that segment both Roman buries it and Cody props up Roman's belt by calling it the one Bruno had and that his father was denied which he still wants in the end....before handing off his shot to The Rock.

It's just mind bogglingly stupid

Last edited:
You don't have a guy like Gunther lose, if he drops the IC before winning the World title then I'd do it in a triple threat where he isn't pinned.
I agree with this. I’d of had Gunther face Seth at Mania, title for title, WrestleMania VI style, but whereas Warrior dropped the IC after, I’d of had Gunther carry both belts for a little while.

Oh I'd love to hear that :funny:

Another super simple solution would have been to have Cody introduce Rock as special guest referee. You get his presence and star power, and he thwarts bloodline interference setting Rock vs Roman for SummerSlam. That would have been a win/win situation for everyone imo
Would be, but also doesn't tickle Rock's ego enough so that's a no go. (Stone Cold would, quite obviously)

I still think the best solution which makes everybody happy, including the board, is a triple threat match. Have it seem like Rock's gonna get it after a Rock Bottom + People's Elbow only to get blindsided by the Bloodline (you can even have Reigns kick out at the same time to still sell Reigns as strong). But while distracted with Rock attacking them for it, Cross Rhodes 1-2-3 to Roman before they can stop Cody. Rock looks strong still, Cody looks strong, Reigns also still looks plenty strong because it took a People's Elbow/Rock Bottom AND Cross Rhodes to actually get pinned.

It's the obvious solution that makes everyone happy. Or at least should, if Rock would be willing to swallow his pride as a 50 year old man who gets gassed out after 1 People's Elbow now

Last edited:
It's weird to have a segment promoting Cody maybe going for the other belt (though that wasn't confirmed here so who knows, plans can clearly change quickly), and in that segment both Roman buries it and Cody props up Roman's belt by calling it the one Bruno had and that his father was denied which he still wants in the end....before handing off his shot to The Rock.

It's just mind bogglingly stupid
Agreed, which is why I'm still having copium that this is to essentially be Cody slow burning his decision until post Elimination Chamber. Have him announce that he'll make his final decision then and right before he comes out to announce it's Seth he's facing, have somebody come out and convince him for definite by reminding him what he's fighting for.

In terms of who, I think Jey Uso would be the genuine obvious contender. You could even have him bring Jimmy into the promo, having Jey ask Cody as his friend to go for Roman both to finish his story and to quite literally save his brother's soul by evening the odds in dethroning Roman. At which point, Cody announces for definite he's facing Reigns, making it a triple threat

Roman isn’t losing this WM. No matter what happened to Punk, Cody, or Rock. Whoever he was going to face was going to lose to him. So what’s the point of having Cody face him a 2nd time to lose?!

Roman isn’t losing this WM. No matter what happened to Punk, Cody, or Rock. Whoever he was going to face was going to lose to him. So what’s the point of having Cody face him a 2nd time to lose?!
The only reason for Roman to not lose is to break the Hogan streak which I'm sorry but is such an apallingly stupid accolade to "reach" when Roman is only competing 6 days a year. It's the equivalent of somebody having a high score on a mobile game which they outright pay to win at. It just doesn't mean anything.

Roman's time has come, if anything I think it should've been up last year but especially this year is just silly and further causes the value of the WWE championship to take a tour of the plumbing and sewers.

Roman has to lose the belt eventually. He isn't beating Bruno or something, and the title run has run its course. There isn't meat on the bone like there was. It cannot be stretched out another year or whatever and have it feel like interesting TV. They are already struggling with this story right now.

A crisis of confidence doesn't make sense at all for Cody unfortunately. He was clear as day when he pointed at Roman after the Rumble. He was clear as day in the presser afterwards also, he wanted Roman.

I have a feeling something happened Sunday into Monday because knowing what we know now, Cody winning the Rumble makes absolutely no sense. Just like his aggressive reaction towards Roman afterwards makes no sense in hindsight.

Conspiracy hat on but I suspect Hunter and the board might have been in a game of brinksmanship over the Mania 40 Main Event, it's the only thing that makes sense and unfortunately Hunter lost, making Cody a devastating pawn in the process.

WWE is in an existential crisis now and they are in desperate need of something else dominating the news cycle. What we've seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg of allegations. Things could get much worse very soon.

Haven't watched WWE all that much over the past year but after hearing about this promo, I decided to check out the trainwreck. Poor Seth Rollins, getting stuck with a pointless belt and WWE only makes it worse as Roman buried the entire existence of that championship. That was Vince Russo levels of stupid.

Do you guys notice that anytime Mania reaches a milestone, there's always some drama revolving around it? For 10 they were coming off the Steroid trial/scandal, 20 had Goldberg/Lesnar debacle and then unusable because of Benoit's big win, 30 with Taker's streak ending polarizing everyone, and now this equally polarizing choice with the Rock. It's crazy.

The Rock hasn't wrestled in over 10 years, and we don't even know if he has the cardio and ring shape to do a quality main event.

At the same time, WWE is in an existential crisis right now. They need positive media and positive PR. The Rock wrestling in a main event at WrestleMania changes all of that.

Vince McMahon is gone, but Janel Grant is also suing WWE. And also, more condemning information and allegations might come to light soon. If WWE and TKO leadership have the opportunity to pull the trigger on The Rock vs. Roman Reigns finally, they are going to take it.

They never should've booked Cody winning the Rumble if this was the plan.

Totally agree with you Vile about the company being in an existential crisis at the moment. They have to put on the best face they can for business. Having The Rock in a dream match on the biggest event their company could muster is arguably a step in the right direction. The Rock is going to bring in more eyes than Cody ever could.

That being said, who would you have booked to win the Rumble?

Last edited:
I would've booked The Rock to win. That simple. If this was the outcome they wanted, they should've done that. WWE wrote themselves into a corner.

Straight from WWE. The Rock and Roman Reigns face off at WrestleMania XL kickoff this Thursday. It's happening folks. The Rock finished the story:

The Rock and Roman Reigns set for iconic face-off at WrestleMania XL Kickoff!
STAMFORD, Conn., February 3, 2024 –WWE, part of TKO Group Holdings (NYSE: TKO), today announced that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Roman Reigns will face off at an open-to-the-public fan and media event – WrestleMania XL Kickoff – live from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas this Thursday, February 8 at 4 p.m. PT.
Doors open at 2:30 p.m. PT.This non-ticketed event, delivered by Pizza Hut, is free for all to attend.
Fans and media will hear from both The Rock and Roman Reigns, as well as WWE Chief Content Officer Paul “Triple H” Levesque. Onsite interview opportunities for media will immediately follow the event with both participants, Cody Rhodes, Seth “Freakin” Rollins, Bianca Belair and Rhea Ripley.
Building on the anticipation for the already-record-breaking WrestleMania XL, Thursday’s event will be hosted by Monday Night Raw commentators Michael Cole and Pat McAfee, and stream live on WWE social and digital channels as well as Peacock.
VIP experiences for WrestleMania XL Kickoff through exclusive partner On Location are available for purchase at https://onlocationexp.com/wrestlemaniaxlkickoff.
WrestleMania XL takes place across two nights on Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7 at 7 p.m. ET live from Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia and stream live on Peacock in the U.S.

They could have just had Gunther win in that case, and Cody vs who ever tossed him from the Rumble.

H is still angry he smashed the throne.

I'm a big Cody guy there's posts from me ten years ago wanting Cody Von Doom with the mask to be the one to beat CM Punk back then.

This issue would have been solved by Cody simply not winning the Rumble.

For the record, I love Roman vs Rock literally at any other ple.

IMHO Cody only should've won if the outcome was Cody winning at WrestleMania. Otherwise, they just wasted the Rumble on him, just like they've wasted Money in the Bank the last two years.

I would've booked The Rock to win. That simple. If this was the outcome they wanted, they should've done that. WWE wrote themselves into a corner.

Straight from WWE. The Rock and Roman Reigns face off at WrestleMania XL kickoff this Thursday. It's happening folks. The Rock finished the story:

Welp! It's official.

And for real. That night The Rock came on Raw and made that 'Head of the table' jab at his cousin, should've been the same night he announced he was entering the Rumble.

But alas, here we are.

Welp! It's official.

And for real. That night The Rock came on Raw and made that 'Head of the table' jab at his cousin, should've been the same night he announced he was entering the Rumble.

But alas, here we are.

He was very winded after that Jinder confrontation. Maybe they feared him taking any bumps in the Rumble. I was like just have him come out at the end and just throw out Gunther or something.

I'm still pissed for Gunther. That potential match between him and Brock would've gave him that extra push that he needed.

But no, Brock wants to be a damn pervert.

It doesn't surprise me after that story Jim Cornette shared about what happened with Brock Lesnar and Cornette's wife in OVW and threatened to shoot Lesnar if he did it again.

Also what Terri Runnels said bout Lesnar on Dark Side of the Ring, which everyone just shrugged off.

As I said, I'm waiting until we find out for definite that Cody is facing Seth. I have to, so I don't lose my mind.

I'm still pissed for Gunther. That potential match between him and Brock would've gave him that extra push that he needed.

But no, Brock wants to be a damn pervert.
I think the one way you can alternatively dethrone Roman and the Bloodline (which I still contend they can do post Roman losing the title anyway) is Imperium vs The Bloodline. It's the one thing left, of a team that's just as dangerous as the Bloodline being there to even the odds. I do legitimately still hope that happens cuz 2025 should abso-goddamn-lutely be Gunther's year.

(I'd also be lying if I said it wouldn't be extremely cathartic for me to see Gunther absolutely manhandle Roman Reigns around an arena)

Imo the only way to fix this is to have Cody say he's not coming for Roman at WrestleMania because he wants to challenge him at Elimination Chamber.

Won't happen. But it's what I'd do. Hopefully Triple H, Rock, TKO etc are taking note of the reaction to this online

Imo the only way to fix this is to have Cody say he's not coming for Roman at WrestleMania because he wants to challenge him at Elimination Chamber.

Won't happen. But it's what I'd do. Hopefully Triple H, Rock, TKO etc are taking note of the reaction to this online

It makes no sense to me to have Roman Reigns have a three-and-a-half-year title reign for it to end at Elimination Chamber.

It makes no sense to me to have Roman Reigns have a three-and-a-half-year title reign for it to end at Elimination Chamber.
I know. This just makes Cody seem like a tool.

I feel like my scenario would elevate the EC event. But Roman isn't losing before facing Rock

I fully expect Philly to go Goldberg/Brock WrestleMania 20 and dump all over the match

Agreed and it is the main reason why I loathe Rock vs Reigns 1v1 as an idea. The finish gets confirmed the moment the match does, if it's for the title. The best case scenario is Reigns winning because he's the more active part timer of the two. That's what should happen. The issue is this match should've happened within the past 3 and a half years. Roman's title run imho ran its natural course by WM 39. It feels padded even now but there's still the hope that he'll lose at WM 40 because of the increased importance of it being one of the "decade" WMs if that makes sense. If he wins it this time, he's not losing it until a bare minimum of Summerslam (which is still imho not big enough of an event for him to lose it at), if not next year's Wrestlemania

and the idea of that is genuinely cringe inducing.

Meanwhile the idea of Rock WINNING?

Commit die.jpeg

IMHO Cody only should've won if the outcome was Cody winning at WrestleMania. Otherwise, they just wasted the Rumble on him, just like they've wasted Money in the Bank the last two years.
Agreed. Heck, even if Punk had won, you could have had Rock come out this week and challenge Reigns, then announced a Chamber match for facing Seth since Punk was injured and BOOM! Insert Cody that way. Save the Reigns match. Having him win the Rumble if he wasn't challenging or if it was in threat of not happening was a huge blunder

I hope the Rock vs Roman match is not for the championship but for the tribal chief title. Roman loses that one and then loses the championship to Cody. Cody would then unify the two belts at WM 41.

Yet and still I ask, what do you do with Priest's MITB cash in and what do you do with Heel Drew who has been setting social media on fire?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Lobo

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"