• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Would be great. But I think they're on the same side of the bracket. So it would have to be a semi finals match.

Also, I thought Piper Niven did a good job of carrying Jade in their match.

If that was in AEW, Jade would have squashed Piper in 20 seconds. Piper is a 17 year veteran and the more Jade works with these veteran wrestlers, the better she becomes in the ring.

If that was in AEW, Jade would have squashed Piper in 20 seconds. Piper is a 17 year veteran and the more Jade works with these veteran wrestlers, the better she becomes in the ring.
Yep. Piper is underrated as well imo. I could easily see her as a top challenger to Bayley.

SaB2y.jpg

SaB2X.jpg

SaB2J.jpg

SaB2P.jpg

SaB2G.jpg

SaB2e.jpg

SaBS2.jpg

SaBSz.jpg

SaBSS.jpg

SaBSb.jpg

SaBSM.jpg

SaBSp.jpg

Smackdown was another in-ring focused show which I don't mind, there were still some solid backstage promos and a great little segment between Solo and Heyman, I'm impressed with how Solo has started to develop facials and little nuances on the character side of things.

The opening segment with Cody and Logan Paul was really good, both delivered the simple angle between them on the line and Paul is about as natural a pro wrestler as you'll see, not just as an incredible athlete, but his interactions to the crowd in these segments are spot on, he gets it. I imagine at the contract signing next week we'll find out that Paul has got something in the contract that means his US title isn't on the line.

Naomi has been great since she returned, it's a shame she's mostly being used as enhancement, she got a good match out of Nia Jax. Piper Niven also did a really good job with Jade Cargill, the way they managed to get Jaded done was impressive. Looking at the brackets I'm hoping the Queen Of The Ring final will be Iyo vs Bianca.

Orton vs Styles was good, and it'll be interesting to see how much Carmelo Hayes gets against him next week, it's a chance for another showcase for him. I'm hoping for Gunther vs Orton in the King of the Ring final.

Mercedes has said that she will be back in the WWE in the future. Whether or not many of the women who are on the roster now will be there when she comes back, depends on how long she has signed. Now she has signed a multiple year deal, but multiple years could be as low as 2 or as much as 5. If it's two or three, most of the women we see now will still be there when she comes back. If it's 5 or 6 years, its likely that both current Women's Champions as well as the injured Charlotte Flair will be long gone by then and the entire women's roster will be different as by that time, Roxanne Perez, Cora Jade and Sol Ruca will probably be among the regulars on Raw and Smackdown, led by Tiffany Stratton.

So what do we want? Ilja vs. Gunther next week in a random tournament match? Or Ilja vs. Gunther at a PLE after weeks of build?

So what do we want? Ilja vs. Gunther next week in a random tournament match? Or Ilja vs. Gunther at a PLE after weeks of build?

I think the issue that some are having was how Ilja was booked in his loss against Jey Uso.

I think the issue that some are having was how Ilja was booked in his loss against Jey Uso.
Ilja loses the least out of this, I think

What does it say about Jey, after the literal years of buildup he's had to this solo run, for him to get dunked on by a guy who, what, two matches ago was still in NXT?

Ilja can still go up from here and develop in terms of his credibility. Jey's would tank hard if he lost.

Definitely a hard call, but was the right one imo

Ilja loses the least out of this, I think

What does it say about Jey, after the literal years of buildup he's had to this solo run, for him to get dunked on by a guy who, what, two matches ago was still in NXT?

Ilja can still go up from here and develop in terms of his credibility. Jey's would tank hard if he lost.

Definitely a hard call, but was the right one imo

Absolutely bro.

Then on top of that, I know people didn't think they'd just jump right to giving us Ilja vs Gunther on a Raw when that is clearly a match tailor made for Bash in Berlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

• NDX
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"