Sequels After Colossus, Wolverine & Professor X- which X-Man will see in the new future again

Reaction score
that we already saw in DOFP's new future?

I'm beyond excited to see Colossus' role in Deadpool and then Professor X's role in Hugh Jackman's last film as Wolverine and to see how it will affect the future of the X-Men movies set in the present. But I can't help but wonder if we are gonna see the present version of Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Beast and Kitty again.

If the rumour about Halle Berry appearing in X-Men: Apocalypse is true, then she's next. Personally, I want Rogue to appear in Gambit and Wolverine 3. Then Cyclops in The New Mutants.

Quite honestly i doubt we will see Cyclops,Jean,Storm,Nightcrawler in a present or future movie (whatever it is at this point) as if they are telling stories with them in past then showing them in present or future would spoil whatever changes they make to the character as they develop them in the past and do whatever with jean and cyclops that you likely want the audience to be invested in

Its like with xavier in wolverine 3 he is mean't to be totally different to what he was in the OT because of apocalypse and we wouldn't be getting that if it was made and scripted before they scripted and filmed apocalypse and so singer would have less freedom so i can see fox being more restraint with what characters are allowed to be used

Kitty, iceman, rogue and colossus would probably be the ones i can see being used again for modern day movies and even then they are probably not a huge priority

Quite honestly i doubt we will see Cyclops,Jean,Storm,Nightcrawler in a present or future movie (whatever it is at this point) as if they are telling stories with them in past then showing them in present or future would spoil whatever changes they make to the character as they develop them in the past and do whatever with jean and cyclops that you likely want the audience to be invested in
This goes for all the characters for me. The more they show in the 'future' the more they can already mess up this new timeline again.

Also Colossus isn't the OT Colossus in any way shape or form, so he is actually no different from the younger versions of Jean/Ororo/Scott in First Class. Even if any of the others show up 'older' though, beyond Wolverine 3 they are probably all new actors anyway. And I hope that Wolverine 3 just focuses on Xavier and Logan, and just gives us quick cameos for any other returning characters, nothing else.

Colossus isn't the OT Colossus

He is, just with different actor because Daniel Cudmore turned down the role. If he was in the film, you wouldn't be saying that. The fact that it is set in the present, highly suggests that this is the same Colossus that we saw in DOFP and again JUST with different motion capture actor.

He is, just with different actor because Daniel Cudmore turned down the role. If he was in the film, you wouldn't be saying that. The fact that it is set in the present, highly suggests that this is the same Colossus that we saw in DOFP and again JUST with different motion capture actor.
He is also Russian, looks completely different, is twice as big, and has a different personality.

I can see Rogue being rebooted in the Gambit film as well.

Paquin returning or not Rogue will show up. Can't keep her away for too long.

I think Kitty Pryde might be the one character to come back. Ellen Page is a big name playing one of the most popular female and X-Men in general, and though she could definitely come back (I would definitely want her, regardless of whether it's Ellen playing her), the little we've gotten from her in the OT/DOFP makes it seem like she would be one of the characters they might want to flesh out.

Storm, Scott, Jean, Kurt, nah.

He is also Russian, looks completely different, is twice as big, and has a different personality.

Doesn't matter. Like as if his voice and personality was so prominent in the previous films. Its just like recasting Kitty Pryde, Pyro and Jubilee in the original trilogy, they changed the actor but this time, the actor turned down the role, thats why they got another one to do the role so doesn't matter if their physical appearance is different.

And the change of the size of Colossus' body is a director's decision because Colossus does get bigger when he steels up in the comics and he wants Colossus to look bigger. If Daniel Cudmore accepted the role, they would have still made him bigger when he steels up.

They aren't rebooting Wolverine and Professor X in the new Wolverine film aren't they. So I doubt they would be doing that to Colossus in this new film.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. Like as if voice and personality was so prominent in the previous films. Its just like recasting Kitty Pryde, Pyro and Jubilee in the original trilogy, they changed the actor - doesn't matter if their physical appearance is different.

Well no it's not exactly the same as that

And the change of the size of Colossus' body is a director's decision because Colossus does get bigger when he steels up in the comics. If Daniel Cudmore accepted the role, they would have still made him bigger when he steels up.

I can't imagine how that transformation would work from Daniels type body size to deadpool colossus

Last edited:
I was wondering if this new Colossus is permanently in that form. If not, Cudmore would transform the way he always had with the added expansion of mass like the Hulk and DOFP's Beast.

Hypothetically, I'd want Bobby and Kitty so as they could mentor the New Mutants.

I was wondering if this new Colossus is permanently in that form. If not, Cudmore would transform the way he always had with the added expansion of mass like the Hulk and DOFP's Beast.

i think the new colossus is only built to be CGI form which is probably be why he will only ever look like that in deadpool

which is pretty much why he looks like this without the CGI

our-first-look-at-colossus-on-the-deadpool-set-355171.jpg

Paquin returning or not Rogue will show up. Can't keep her away for too long.

Anna Paquin already said if she gets an offer to reprise her Rogue, she would say yes.

Anyway, its more likely good news if Rogue (and Anna Paquin) appears in the Gambit movie.

Prefer to recast Rogue.

I don't think rogue is as high a priority as some would like to think, if they want to include her in a gambit movie they will but i doubt there is this feeling they need to use her at some point

I think Fox would be wise to get to Rogue before Marvel Studios gets to Captain Marvel, either in the Gambit movie or in the 2018 movie.

WW is first, sure, but I think audiences will also really respond to seeing a cool and cocky female powerhouse superhero flying around and kicking ass (someone who's more Tony Stark than Clark Kent, so to speak).

While Paquin would be fine with me personally, a recast would be much more exciting I think.

She doesn't need to be in Gambit Origins story at all, but she's an obvious choice for sequels. And given that Tatum is a fan I'm sure he is more then aware of the popularity and history that team up has, much like Reynolds is say with Cable. Her being one of most marketable and favorite Women in the Marvel universe also doesn't hurt her chances at showing up again soon.

When they finally allow that gal to kick ass on screen she is gonna get people talking and have fans freaking out. Heck, Rogue sells even when she's doing nothing.

I just can't see how they can introduce Gambit (who is now in the present period) and not bring Rogue into the table. This is their chance for that.

If Colossus managed to appear in the Deadpool film, then what about Rogue in a Gambit film? I also think the buzz for the Rogue Cut made Fox even aware that fans do want to see Rogue in another film. Its the same group of fans that wanted the Deadpool film to happen. Rogue's gonna bring more buzz and awareness to the Gambit movie than characters like Bella Donna who? So if Fox is smart then they would be including Rogue in the film even if its just a cameo.

I don't think rogue is as much of a big deal to this film universe as some would like to think she is, she was a late addition To DOFP so she wasn't exactly the first person they thought of when they started planning the movie.

And With gambit if it's in present then I think it will be up to the gambit team whether she appears or not, I doubt fox will throw any word in to include her as if they are aware of her popularity or something because this is X-Men and they all have fans, if they cut iceman or kitty out of DOFP then same thing would have happened, cut jubilee out of apocalypse and watch the uproar, it's not a rogues special situation here and it's certainly not comparable to deadpool since we are not getting a rogue solo because of how popular rogue is

Last edited:
Your downplaying her alot haha. If we were discussing only future Singer films I might agree with you. But even then Fox literally put out a separate cut of their film and named it Rogue in hopes that would sell more then calling it the more common extended edition.

I can definitely see one of the new teams adding her. Again since these teams being hired are all walking into the projects as fans I have a difficult time believing a hardcore Gambit fan would not want to add Rogue at some point. Cause from a marketing or history standpoint, that relationship is an obvious one and a very strong sell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"